So i installed mac, how is nvdia video acceleration working?
Hi,

i plan to instal mac osx 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.4 on my pc (windows 7 refused to boot when i returned from my vaction and there was no recovery on installation media, nothing Sad) and i would like to use some alternative to wmc, since frontrow looks ugly
1. Can i use XBMC while running itunes in background without any problems with remote control?
2. Does cuda or something like dxva for mac (i guess something for opengl?) work in xbmc for mac?
3. Is there any problem using xbmc on secondary monitor and work on primary - is video playback on secondary smooth?
evlo Wrote:Hi,

i plan to instal mac osx 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.4 on my pc (windows 7 refused to boot when i returned from my vaction and there was no recovery on installation media, nothing Sad) and i would like to use some alternative to wmc, since frontrow looks ugly
1. Can i use XBMC while running itunes in background without any problems with remote control?
2. Does cuda or something like dxva for mac (i guess something for opengl?) work in xbmc for mac?
3. Is there any problem using xbmc on secondary monitor and work on primary - is video playback on secondary smooth?

1) When XBMC is running, it owns the IR remote.
2) You would have to give more info about the specific Mac hardware.
3) No, yes.
I have nvidia 8600GT. I found this article http://elan.plexapp.com/2010/04/27/hardw...g-on-plex/ and it seams it is not possible to use hardware accelerated video decoding Sad
I tried downloading XBMC, it downloads, then it mounts as harddisk, after a while harddisk disppears and i have folder, with xbmc icon and shortcut to applications, so i just move xbmc icon to application folder, but when i start xbmc nothing happens, it looks like it starting, even screen flashes, but then it close itself, only xbmchelper is hanging in processes. Where can be the issue?

I must add that for now i'm trying it only in vmware, so this for sure may be the issue, still i would like to start xmbc windows, but i can't find where and how to access configuration file in finder.
Unlikely to work under vmware as there is no acceleration - or certainly didn't last time i tried it.
evlo Wrote:I must add that for now i'm trying it only in vmware, so this for sure may be the issue, still i would like to start XBMC windows, but i can't find where and how to access configuration file in finder.

Running XBMC for OSX under vmware is unsupported.

If you want hw accelerated video decode, install LInux and use vdpau.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So i installed mac, how is nvdia video acceleration working?0