• 21(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
Is there a way to put a pause between a sequence of commands...ie - Stop, Pause, Alt+F4
sufreak Wrote:Is there a way to put a pause between a sequence of commands...ie - Stop, Pause, Alt+F4

Haven't toyed around with the sequences so far, but I imagine inserting a dummy key inbetween could be a dirty but effective solution.
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Hi all!

Hope that someone has a idea what should I set further to get proper funcionality of my setup. Been trough all the posts...googled a lot!

I have Chieftec case with imon inside,I use a Harmony One remote (MCE remote and MCE keyboard combo)
All the commands that I use as "MCE keyboard" get stuck in an infinite loop.
Where should I set that ? I press it once and get subtitle on,off,on off...loop...

Where should I make further settings ? IMON manager ?
I allready did the delay settings for keyboard input on the WIN 7 home premium.

Any ideas ?
Hi,

First off awesome thread been using it all day setting up my Harmony with XBMC so thanks to the OP and contributors.

Secondly a question, I've got it all set-up to to wake my Revo from sleep when I start the activity but unfortunately the power toggle function within MCE Keyboard is the same as that of my Xbox and therefore the Xbox is switching on too.

Not a problem if I switch off completely afterwards but a problem if I want to switch from XBMC to my Xbox or vice versa.

I'm thinking I'm stuck with this but thought I'd post up on here to see if anyone had a cunning plan?

Thanks,
Dan.
danb123 Wrote:Hi,

First off awesome thread been using it all day setting up my Harmony with XBMC so thanks to the OP and contributors.

Secondly a question, I've got it all set-up to to wake my Revo from sleep when I start the activity but unfortunately the power toggle function within MCE Keyboard is the same as that of my Xbox and therefore the Xbox is switching on too.

Not a problem if I switch off completely afterwards but a problem if I want to switch from XBMC to my Xbox or vice versa.

I'm thinking I'm stuck with this but thought I'd post up on here to see if anyone had a cunning plan?

Thanks,
Dan.

What you can do is to set the power settings option in each activity to "Leave other devices on" when exiting activity. That way when you switch activity, they remain ON if already turned on. When you're done, and press the power Off button on the Harmony, all devices will be power off.
Okay, I am stuck. Therefore a stupid question. Logitech harmony 650 on windows 7 64bit. I have followed this guide, and I can get partial functioning Harmony, when using only Windows Media Center. When adding commands from MCE Keyboard I get nothing. If using only MCE Keyboard no difference.

In short, I can use arrows, vol. channel, movie buttons (play, pause, ect.) But not information (i), context menu © and so fort. All buttons which is connected to keyboard shortcuts.

What am I doing wrong?
http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC
StefanM Wrote:Okay, I am stuck. Therefore a stupid question. Logitech harmony 650 on windows 7 64bit. I have followed this guide, and I can get partial functioning Harmony, when using only Windows Media Center. When adding commands from MCE Keyboard I get nothing. If using only MCE Keyboard no difference.

In short, I can use arrows, vol. channel, movie buttons (play, pause, ect.) But not information (i), context menu © and so fort. All buttons which is connected to keyboard shortcuts.

What am I doing wrong?

The basics first: have you checked XBMC setting to see if it was set to accept keyboard commands? have you check the "Customize Buttons" in XBMC activity to make sure that the "info" key is assigned with MCE Keyboard letter "i"? and perhaps the "menu" key is assigned with MCE keyboard letter "c"?
I'm having the same problem as StefanM. MCE remote works fine but keyboards commands don't work for some reason. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I understand the IR receiver needs to be RC6. Does anyone know if a Harmony remote with the IR receiver will work with an IR Replicator? I have all my AV equipment in a closet and use the IR Replicator to transmit signal.

thx
mbbransc Wrote:I understand the IR receiver needs to be RC6. Does anyone know if a Harmony remote with the IR receiver will work with an IR Replicator? I have all my AV equipment in a closet and use the IR Replicator to transmit signal.

thx

I don't see why it wouldn't. Though I'd expect it to be slower.
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
sufreak Wrote:Is there a way to put a pause between a sequence of commands...ie - Stop, Pause, Alt+F4

vanOert Wrote:Haven't toyed around with the sequences so far, but I imagine inserting a dummy key inbetween could be a dirty but effective solution.

If the sequence of commands is supposed to be at the start or end of activity, then it is possible to add a delay command to it using the activity setup.

OTOH, there is no way to add a pause/delay to a true Harmony sequence. So if the needed delay period is brief, then vanOert's suggestion would work.

However, if the need delay is seconds-long, then the best way to do it is to find a device (that you don't have) which has a command that takes a long time to execute, and add that to your remote, and then later use that command in the sequence. One such device is the Zenith VCR. IIRC, it'd take about 5 seconds to send the Zenith VCR Record button.

I think it would be safe to use this device if you can find it. If you can't find it, post again and I'll dig out my old cheat sheets for universal remotes.
Is it possible to use eventghost to do that? You can do all sorts of pauses etc in eventghost, I've got mine setup so I can use PowerDVD to play blurays and when I press stop it closes that window, restores XBMC and some other things.

So.. Can you use eventghost with harmony remotes? It's just another signal right?
Sheezwack Wrote:Is it possible to use eventghost to do that? You can do all sorts of pauses etc in eventghost, I've got mine setup so I can use PowerDVD to play blurays and when I press stop it closes that window, restores XBMC and some other things.

So.. Can you use eventghost with harmony remotes? It's just another signal right?

I'm not familiar with eventghost, so can't say! I never have any need to use it because all my startup and shutdown activities were set up using Harmony MCE Keyboard and MCE SE Keyboard devices. All necessary delays were added during XBMC activity startup and shutdown (my HTPC need at least a few seconds before accepting inputs coming out of Sleep state, and my Aquos TV needs at least 10 seconds before accepting inputs)

Perhaps others can chime in about eventghost?
32 pages :O Are there any news on "native" key bindings?

Also, shouldn't the highlighted portion in the OP read "MCE Remote" instead:

Quote:Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center

You’ll have to enter the last bit by hand.
Add this as a device and name it MCE Remote.
Just set mine up today using "Windows Media Center" instead of "MCE Remote" and it worked perfectly.

Perhaps changing it would be fine, but it works properly as is.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13