• 50(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
I also use a 650 and my scrolling works well. In my Logitech Harmony, under Devices - HTPC remote - My Inter-Key delay is 500, and Input Delay is 1000. I also have Windows 7 key repeat delay set at the second-shortest. The Windows repeat delay change made a great difference.

As for starting XBMC, there are a few ways. I prefer using Autohotkey, and the script I'll link to below. It uses the Green MCE launch button and i prefer it because it'll launch BXMC, bring it back to front if another window is in focus, and will put XB<C too fullscreen if it is not already..

Well okay I cannot quickly find the thread to give original poster his "props", but here is a copy/paste of the script: http://pastebin.com/dDANYQ9A

Of course, make sure teh 4th line down for the XBMC.exe patch matches YOUR install path.
Oops, I just realized, this is in the [Windows] section and I see no delete message option. No need to read or reply to this unless you want to, and then it should probably be a PM (I'm sure the Windows folks are crossing their fingers and hissing at the moment).

Original post:

Running Eden XBMCBuntu here and have followed the directions layed out in this thread to utilize the mixed MCE Keyboard/Remote profile for my Harmony 600. Most of the buttons have been mapped to the Keyboard Profile and I suppose I could completely ditch the MCE Remote profile since the keyboard has everything.

In any case, the IR Receiver (HP MCE RC-6 capable) is not registering (per IRW or the xbmc.log w/debug mode enabled) any of the buttons associated with the MCE Keyboard profile (it's as if I never pressed the buttons). The MCE remote buttons, otoh, are working just fine.

I dug in as deep as running mode2 to confirm the receiver is seeing activity from the MCE Keyboard buttons (and I can see the IR receiver light register the receipt), but for some reason they are not making it through to IRW or beyond. Doesn't IRW just map what the LIRC (or built-in IR kernel module) sees from the receiver to what is in usr\share\lirc\remotes\mceusb\lircd.conf.mceusb? If so, how does the keyboard enter into the equation?

I figured this should just work out of the box, but even after a clean Eden install it still only recognizes the MCE remote buttons. I know I can do some surgery and get it working ok using the MCE Remote buttons alone, but was hoping to leverage the MCE keyboard since those mappings are already dialed-in.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose this problem further?
(2012-02-22, 01:05)thebearnecessit Wrote: Ignore this post: I got my problem fixed by elitegamer in post 812 here :http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1025364.

Here's the problem I had about sms style text input:
I have my harmony One working with xbmc but have about 1000 questions about how to get certain things working. I've posted elsewhere on this website but I think I've been posting in the wrong threads so hopefully this is the right place.

I'll start with just one question to keep things simple Big Grin

I can't get the sms style text input to work.

I have created a keyboard.xml in the correct place, and rebooted the pc but it still doesn't work.

I'm trying to get it t work in the Music section and specifically in the last.fm search box. But if it worked in every text imput box in xbmc that would be fine too.

Here's the text i put in the file:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

How do I even begin to troubleshoot this?

Did this ever get sorted as I want to look at setting up the same for myself?
I'm about to buy Harmony 650 and this
this IR receiver:

is there any simple how-to guide to make it control my HTPC + XBMC, TV and receiver?

10x
(2012-08-10, 20:15)embedded Wrote: I'm about to buy Harmony 650 and this
this IR receiver:

is there any simple how-to guide to make it control my HTPC + XBMC, TV and receiver?

10x

@embedded,

If you are new to Harmony remotes, I'd suggest that you start with a simple configuration first. Try to program the 650 to control your TV and receiver to get yourself familiar with the way Harmony set up the Devices and Activities. The basic idea is to add each device to the Harmony, using the software (the stand-alone desktop setup 7.7 is the best choice among the 3 different ways to setup the remote). After you are satisfied that each device is programmed properly, start adding activities (Watch TV, Listening to Music) using these 2 devices. After verifying these 2 activities work, follow the guide in this thread's 1st post to add the HTPC device, and then add XBMC activity.

The HP receiver you plan to buy is the correct one to get.

-bodhi
(2012-08-10, 21:27)bodhi Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 20:15)embedded Wrote: I'm about to buy Harmony 650 and this
this IR receiver:

10x

@embedded,

If you are new to Harmony remotes, I'd suggest that you start with a simple configuration first. Try to program the 650 to control your TV and receiver to get yourself familiar with the way Harmony set up the Devices and Activities. The basic idea is to add each device to the Harmony, using the software (the stand-alone desktop setup 7.7 is the best choice among the 3 different ways to setup the remote). After you are satisfied that each device is programmed properly, start adding activities (Watch TV, Listening to Music) using these 2 devices. After verifying these 2 activities work, follow the guide in this thread's 1st post to add the HTPC device, and then add XBMC activity.

The HP receiver you plan to buy is the correct one to get.

-bodhi

Thanks, will sure do.
I'm going to get the parts.

Is it possible to sleep/wake the HTPC using harmony 650?
(2012-08-10, 21:35)embedded Wrote: Thanks, will sure do.
I'm going to get the parts.

Is it possible to sleep/wake the HTPC using harmony 650?

Generally speaking, yes. However, it's depending on whether the HTPC has Sleep/Wake capability (i.e. S3). If your HTPC is relatively new then Windows 7 allows the power button to be set as Sleep/Wake.

If your HTPC power button can be set as Sleep/Wake, then when you program the HTPC device, there is no need to program the power button explicitly. Harmony has the all-off power button, which sends the power on/off toggle to all devices. And each activity button will send the power on/off toggles to the devices specified in that activity. More accurately, once you're familiar with Harmony remotes, you'll notice that the activities actually send power discrete ON or OFF for devices that supports the signal. For device such as HTPC, it wil send power toggle.
Thanks, getting this combo.
finally the choosing parts is completed.
I need some help please guys.
About a year ago, I spent a lot of time getting my Harmony 785 to work with Xbmc and it worked pretty much perfectly until a little while back.
I am unsure when it stopped worked as things has been manic over the past few months and haven't had much time for tinkering with the media centre, but I suspect it stopped working when I went from Darma to Eden or from.

I have checked the remote settings in the Logitech app and it seems fine.
I have the following keymap.xml in my userdata/keymaps folder.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Oh and when I click the buttons to operate Xbmc I can see the red led lighting up on the receiver.

<keymap>
<global>

<keyboard>
<f1>ActivateWindow(Home)</f1>
<f2>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</f2>
<f3>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles)</f3>
<f4>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,MusicVideoTitles</f4>
<f5>ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</f5>
<f6>ActivateWindow(Weather)</f6>
<f7>XBMC.ActivateWindow(systemsettings)</f7>
<f8>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</f8>
<f9>ActivateWindow(SystemInfo)</f9>
</keyboard>

<keyboard>
<p>Play</p>
<q>Queue</q>
<f>FastForward</f>
<r>Rewind</r>
<m>ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</m>
<s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s>
<i>Info</i>
<c>ContextMenu</c>
<x>Stop</x>
<u>Screenshot</u>
</keyboard>

<keyboard>
<left>Left</left>
<right>Right</right>
<up>Up</up>
<down>Down</down>
<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>
<return>Select</return>
<enter>Select</enter>
<backspace>ParentDir</backspace>
<escape>PreviousMenu</escape>
<menu>ContextMenu</menu>
<space>Pause</space>
<period>SkipNext</period>
<comma>SkipPrevious</comma>
<tab>FullScreen</tab>
<printscreen>Screenshot</printscreen>
<minus>VolumeDown</minus>
<plus>VolumeUp</plus>
<backslash>ToggleFullScreen</backslash>
<volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
<home>FirstPage</home>
<end>LastPage</end>
</keyboard>

<keyboard>
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>Number1</one>
<two>Number2</two>
<three>Number3</three>
<four>Number4</four>
<five>Number5</five>
<six>Number6</six>
<seven>Number7</seven>
<eight>Number8</eight>
<nine>Number9</nine>
</keyboard>

</global>
</keymap>
@{{INX}},

There should be no problem transitioning from Dharma to Eden. You did not describe exactly the behavior, did you press the XBMC activity and nothing happen? the IR receiver light flashing when you press a button meaning your HTPC reacted to it, but the signal sent is not correct somehow.

Try switching to Devices mode and press the Power toggle button on the HTPC page to see if you can wake it up (I assume your HTPC is set to S2 power so it only sleeps/wakes). If your HTPC is on all the time, then try a different button, e..g Tab, Home, End,....

If in Devices mode, and the HTPC buttons did not work, try the TV device power button, and then other buttons in the TV device.

After verify all devices work using Devices page, and the XBMC activity still does not work then try updating your 785 (log in to Harmony software, connect the remote and do update to reload the settings from Harmony database).

If none of the above helps then the problem is likely in the HTPC. You could try to remove the IR receiver, reboot HTPC, plug it in. See if it works.
Bodhi,
All devices work fine, TV, Projector, Xbox, PC power but it just seems to be an Xbmc issue.

All fixed now Smile
For some reason I plugged the receiver into one of my front usb slots and it worked fine but when I put it back in the slot on the back, it doesn't work even though the red led is responding.
(2012-09-16, 21:27){{INX}} Wrote: All fixed now Smile
For some reason I plugged the receiver into one of my front usb slots and it worked fine but when I put it back in the slot on the back, it doesn't work even though the red led is responding.

Cool Cool Glad it works!
Hi all, can you use the Xbox DVD remote receiver attached by USB as a Harmony receiver?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
(2012-10-14, 20:24)cable_guy Wrote: Hi all, can you use the Xbox DVD remote receiver attached by USB as a Harmony receiver?

Do you have make & model information for the receiver?
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13