• 54(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
I needed to setup my hamorny remote on my new HTPC but the first post (HOW-TO ) has all pictures gone :-(
(2013-01-20, 07:07)hatbrox Wrote: I needed to setup my hamorny remote on my new HTPC but the first post (HOW-TO ) has all pictures gone :-(

It has been reposted (in this thread): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid942798
(2013-01-19, 11:52)bodhi Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 21:55)hars73 Wrote: I'm using a Logitech 555. And I think it's not happening with specific keys, but with all keys. I think it's strange because with the HP remote that comes with the HP reveiver, it doesn't happen.

Which Harmony devices are you using? e.g. MCE Remote, MCE Keyboard, and/or MCE SE keyboard,...?
Does Win 7 Device Manager show it as eHome receiver?

I'm using the MCE Keyboard. And yes it's installed as eHome HID in Win7.
I installed it using this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54466

But after some extensive testing it seems the original HP also has the problem, but not as often as the Logitech. Maybe it's the receiver causing the problem. I've seen other people here having this problem.
(2013-01-20, 11:13)bodhi Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 07:07)hatbrox Wrote: I needed to setup my hamorny remote on my new HTPC but the first post (HOW-TO ) has all pictures gone :-(

It has been reposted (in this thread): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid942798

thanks
Hi,

I bought a sreacom FC5 EVO case plus the optional IR receiver. Streacom told that the receiver was RC6 compatible.
When I look in the device manager, I can see that these devices were added right after I connected the receiver to a USB port:

I followed the instructions from this thread to use my harmony one remote but so that nothing has worked.
I have tried to use the MCE keyboard, MCE and MCE Extended. none has worked.

the original remote works fine and even an old remote from my previous HTPC works with the new HTPC. Harmony also works fine with the old HTPC (using MCE driver)

Can someone confirm that to be able to use the MCE Keyboard "driver", my IR Receiver should list the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" in the device manager?

Thanks,

Matt
Hi all, hope you can help me.
ive bought the ligitech harmony touch, installed the latest frode with pvr function. Using dvbviewer recorder service and all working great.
have install the remote as mc keyboard and mapped my keys like i like. Its working perfect in my movies library, music folder.

my problem are that no keys are working in Tv section. Only the standard keys, its like in the tv section all forgotten. If i exit tv section the custom keys ive mapped works again.

hope you understand me.
how to fix it?
thnx for your time, sry fir spelling errors
(2013-01-27, 17:56)hatbrox Wrote: Hi,

I bought a sreacom FC5 EVO case plus the optional IR receiver. Streacom told that the receiver was RC6 compatible.
When I look in the device manager, I can see that these devices were added right after I connected the receiver to a USB port:

I followed the instructions from this thread to use my harmony one remote but so that nothing has worked.
I have tried to use the MCE keyboard, MCE and MCE Extended. none has worked.

the original remote works fine and even an old remote from my previous HTPC works with the new HTPC. Harmony also works fine with the old HTPC (using MCE driver)

Can someone confirm that to be able to use the MCE Keyboard "driver", my IR Receiver should list the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" in the device manager?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Most definitely. I have not seen a RC6 receiver that works without being identified as eHome device. I would try to find if there is driver for this.

Or backup the registry and try the XBMC MCE add-on setup tool (sorry I can't find the link). It's important to be able to restore your registry when you try out these tools.
the ehome driver normally installs itself if a compatible IR receiver (i.e. RC6) is found. So I suspect Streacom bullshited me before I bought the case, or maybe they send me the wrong IR receiver.
I will check with them.

Thanks for your confirmation.
I have programmed my harmony 900 remote as directed on page 60 and almost everything is working great to scroll through and play movies on XBMC.

One issue though...

I can't go back one level when scrolling through the different levels within the menus. I have programed the channel return button with BACK (did nothing)and with ESC (takes me all the way back to the main menu screen). What should I use to allow me to go back just one level within the menus?

Thanks for the help!
Bind the Return Channel to Backspace in keyboard.xml. I also have a Harmony remote and that is how I have done it.

Get showlkey.exe (search for it). Run it, and hit that button. take the command that it spits out and paste it to the appropriate command. Ii believe the command is "ParentDir"
(2013-02-20, 08:07)aLittletank Wrote: I have programmed my harmony 900 remote as directed on page 60 and almost everything is working great to scroll through and play movies on XBMC.

One issue though...

I can't go back one level when scrolling through the different levels within the menus. I have programed the channel return button with BACK (did nothing)and with ESC (takes me all the way back to the main menu screen). What should I use to allow me to go back just one level within the menus?

Thanks for the help!

I tried BACKSPACE and it worked.
I've been doing some housecleaning on some outstanding issues with my remote and after doing some troubleshooting I could use some help:

I use the HP receiver with a Harmony One on Win7. I use the MCE Keyboard and the Media Center SE devices. The PowerToggle command from Media Center SE resumes the HTPC from sleep fine. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to go back to sleep anymore. I've tried using PowerToggle, PowerOn, and PowerOff and nothing will initiate the sleep. Can someone verify that PowerToggle works to go to sleep with HP receiver, and if so, what might be conflicting with it?
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
(2013-03-02, 07:19)Silvaire Wrote: I've been doing some housecleaning on some outstanding issues with my remote and after doing some troubleshooting I could use some help:

I use the HP receiver with a Harmony One on Win7. I use the MCE Keyboard and the Media Center SE devices. The PowerToggle command from Media Center SE resumes the HTPC from sleep fine. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to go back to sleep anymore. I've tried using PowerToggle, PowerOn, and PowerOff and nothing will initiate the sleep. Can someone verify that PowerToggle works to go to sleep with HP receiver, and if so, what might be conflicting with it?

I'm using Media Center SE power toggle, and it's been working fine for a long time. I assume you're testing with XBMC activity, but did you try this button in the SE device page? after verifying that device page LCD power toggle button does work, go back to the Harmony setup and check the power settings (where you would answer "I have one button to turn on and off the device", to the question on that setup page).
I programmed PowerOn PowerOff and PowerToggle as soft buttons for the Media Center SE device to test this and all 3 are not responding to put the computer to sleep. I feel like PowerToggle used to work awhile ago (and still does for resuming for sleep). Any ideas?
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
For the past couple weeks, whenever I try to log into "myharmony.com" I get to a blue screen and spinning dots for about 5 secs. Then the screen locks up and nothing happens. I've spent days sending e-mails, checking their website for info that can be accessed without being logged in, and even speeking with tech support on the phone. The best they could offer is using a different computer, or web browser. I've done both--multiple web browsers on two different computers with two different operating systems! From the thousands of posts describing the same thing, I think it's a Logitech problem. Yet Logitech seems either unable or unwilling to do anything to fix access problems to their server. Without the website your harmony remote is useless, and until Logitech fixes that problem, stay away from their remote!
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13