• 57(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
Is there any way to send a Windows Key combination with the Harmony 650? I have XBMC on my task bar in slot one so sending Windows + 1 would launch it if I had to close it for some reason.
(2013-06-02, 20:35)Kelemvor Wrote: Is there any way to send a Windows Key combination with the Harmony 650? I have XBMC on my task bar in slot one so sending Windows + 1 would launch it if I had to close it for some reason.

Yes. You need to use the Windows Media Center SE device for this combo key.
(2013-06-04, 09:48)bodhi Wrote:
(2013-06-02, 20:35)Kelemvor Wrote: Is there any way to send a Windows Key combination with the Harmony 650? I have XBMC on my task bar in slot one so sending Windows + 1 would launch it if I had to close it for some reason.

Any other way anyone can think of to use the 650 remote to launch XBMC if it's not running for some reason?
Any chance the original post can be updated with new image links ? The existing ones are all expired.
(2013-07-03, 03:42)SandmanCL Wrote: Any chance the original post can be updated with new image links ? The existing ones are all expired.

See the last sentence in the first post.
(2013-06-04, 10:46)Kelemvor Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 09:48)bodhi Wrote:

Any other way anyone can think of to use the 650 remote to launch XBMC if it's not running for some reason?
Two ways that I can think of:

Easiest way is (if you have less that the maximum devices allowed) to add the Windows Media Center Keyboard to your devices. You don't have to configure it with any activity or redo your current remote setup if you don't want. But when you add it, it will allow you to use the software to use those commands with any activity, including remapping hard or soft buttons.

Other way is, if you are at your limit of devices, and have a MCE remote with Green button already setup in Harmony, you can use the remote's learning function to directly learn that remote's green button signal and map that to your key of choice.

#1 is the ideal option is to use MCE Keyboard as a device for your XBMC and go from there as it's the easiest way to map keyboard presses, which correspond directly to XBMC commands.
Hoping someone else has run into this same issue. I bought an MCE Remote yesterday for the IR Receiver, the Adesso 1100 that is also known as the Ortek VCR-1110. I also own a Harmony 670.

I tried setting up the remote the same way the OP suggests but the IR Receiver doesn't respond to manual keystrokes or commands setup as MCE Keyboard, MCE Remote or Windows Media Centre CE. If I set the remote up to emulate the Ortec VCR-1100, all the MCE Remote functionality works but unfortunately that's it - none of the commands like Alt-F4 or other keystrokes put in as another device respond, the IR receiver simply doesn't flash. If I manually teach the Harmony the IR commands from the original 1100 remote it works as well but my main concern is making the IR Receiver respond to the MCE Keyboard commands.

Any ideas? I've read in the past that this receiver works fine with the Harmony, just can't figure out how to make it respond to emulated keystrokes or anything that isn't forcibly setup as the Ortek VCR-1100

Thanks

Edit: basically having the problems in the thread below, except with Windows which everyone in the thread seems to indicate works fine but not Linux. I am using Windows 7 though

Thread I am referencing: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69606
I've had nothing but crap luck using off brand IR receivers. I stick with the "Dell" or "HP" brand ones. I returned/sold the others
Very happy with the flirc running the beta fw and using the xbmc add-on. Would highly recommend
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hmm I managed to emulate the Alt F4 by mapping it to just "close" on the receiver, that works fine. Just gotta find a way to map the Context Menu to something in the receiver settings without using MCE Keyboard and it should be perfect, even if MCE Keyboard doesn't work.
Edit 2: Wound up just mapping the Blue/Yellow/Info buttons in the XBMC keymapper to Guide/Info/Menu then mapping the Harmony buttons to Blue/Yellow/Info and made it work that way. It certainly isn't perfect but it works just the same so far!
because my Harmoney 900 has some issue's some times,
logitech will send me a new Logitech Harmoney Ultimate.
someone else here also got this remote ?
perhaps share his layout/screen with some pictures here ?
so i can get some ideas how to set it up
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
cheers, cleared up a few issues for me.
Migrated from xbmcbuntu to winblows, and remote was acting really weird Smile
ynwa
I have just built a new system with XBMCBuntu on an NVidia ION and have purchased a Harmony One which interfaces with an MCE IR Receiver plugged in via USB. The originaly MCE remote is gone.

Have it controlling tv, receiver, satellite decoder, game console but struggling with getting it to control my XBMC machine.

A couple of the remote functions do work like power on, off actually starts up or shuts down the machine cleanly, My Videos key works but almost nothing else.

I have followed the guide to the T and can't see what I am doing wrong. Anyone have any next steps for me to diagnose this? My thinking is that the remote is okay as it works with other devices no probs, also the IR receiver is okay as some of the commands are working. Has to be some sort of setup issue but I can't see it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Matt.
Ok fixed my issues with a bit more reading and testing.

Plugged the IR receiver into a windows box to confirm the remote and receiver were working fine so narrowed the issue down to a XBMCBuntu configuration most likely.

I had had this previously working on an older XBMCLive box - bit of searching and reading showed that some users had issues with Lirc - I ran sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc and set the receiver to none and XBMC started responding but now was generating multiple events for each key press.

More searching showed this to be a Harmony config problem - ran troubleshooting on the device in the Harmony software and changed the default event repeat from 3 to 1 and it's all working. Yay!

Hope this helps someone else who is having issues with XBMCBuntu and a Harmony remote with an MCE receiver.

Matt.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13