• 14(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
Rsaeire Wrote:I followed the guide from the start of this thread (thanks to VanOert) but I'm experiencing an issue. After setting up my Harmony One remote with both the MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard devices, I, like a few other users here, am able to get the MCE Remote to work correctly in XBMC, but unable to get the MCE Keyboard to work at all.

I have used the ShowKey program to see if it registers the key presses when using the MCE Keyboard, but the program shows no key presses being registered leading me to think that no signal is being sent. Given that I've read through this entire thread completely, and other parts several times over, I'm thinking that the receiver is the issue.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and the receiver I'm using is one that came with my Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro TV tuner card.

Your IR receiver probably isn't compatible, go for a HP one off ebay, only around £12 Big Grin
dave77 Wrote:Your IR receiver probably isn't compatible, go for a HP one off ebay, only around £12 Big Grin

Thanks for the reply. I thought I'd need to do this, which is a shame as the receiver works fine in WMC and XBMC, it's just the keyboard element I'm missing.

Now I have to decide whether it's worth the £12 just so I can get the keyboard part working; which I only want because I need the 'backspace' key, which isn't on the MCE Remote, as the Cirrus skin's slide-out menu during video playback won't disappear without pressing 'backspace'.
There are a few people having trouble with their remote being over-sensitive and sending unwanted keypresses. I had a similar issue where the remote (both MCE remote and Harmony) would 'over-shoot' where I was intending it to go.
So on a hunch I adjusted the Keyboard settings in Windows:

I changed the "Repeat delay" from the shortest setting to the longest. You can also adjust the "Repeat rate" to whatever best suits you.

Since many remote setups are simply sending keyboard strokes to the system, it follows that adjusting the keyboard delay settings may help. It did in my circumstance, I no longer have the problem.
How do you configure the key - Open square bracket and Closed square bracket in harmony software??
jmpa Wrote:How do you configure the key - Open square bracket and Closed square bracket in harmony software??

You'll need to be a little more specific (i.e. quote the post that you want ask follow up questions). Do you need to program the Harmony to send "[" and "]" keys?
Has anyone figured out a solution to jumping to movies by letters? If you use Shift-H, for instance, on the keyboard, XBMC lists will jump to H. I'd like to be able to use the number keys (using them like sms messages) to do the same.

Anyone done this?

Thanks.
milhouse34521 Wrote:Has anyone figured out a solution to jumping to movies by letters? If you use Shift-H, for instance, on the keyboard, XBMC lists will jump to H. I'd like to be able to use the number keys (using them like sms messages) to do the same.

Anyone done this?

Thanks.

Ive got that working. Ive setup the remote to send keyboard keys for 0 to 9 then edited the <MyVideoLibrary> part of keyboard.xml to look like this:

Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>    
   <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
      <delete>Delete</delete>
      <space>Playlist</space>
      <w>ToggleWatched</w>
   </keyboard>
</MyVideoLibrary>
smiffy1989 Wrote:Ive got that working. Ive setup the remote to send keyboard keys for 0 to 9 then edited the <MyVideoLibrary> part of keyboard.xml to look like this:

Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>    
   <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
      <delete>Delete</delete>
      <space>Playlist</space>
      <w>ToggleWatched</w>
   </keyboard>
</MyVideoLibrary>

That works? ShockedEek
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Just tried it. Works flawlessly. Awesome! :-)
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
smiffy1989 Wrote:Ive got that working. Ive setup the remote to send keyboard keys for 0 to 9 then edited the <MyVideoLibrary> part of keyboard.xml to look like this:

Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>    
   <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
      <delete>Delete</delete>
      <space>Playlist</space>
      <w>ToggleWatched</w>
   </keyboard>
</MyVideoLibrary>

This works great. Thanks! Using this idea, I put these in a keyboard.xml file in userdata directory instead of the XBMC Program Files, and also redefine the numbers only, not the other 3 keys.

Code:
<keymap>
  <MyVideoLibrary>    
   <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
   </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>
</keymap>
Hey all, just read the thread and am a bit tired. Can't seem to process some of the instructions and looking for a bit of help.

I am running Win7x64 and migrating from mc7+media browser back to XBMC.

I have the latest xbmc release installed and am looking to custom configure my Logitech Harmony One remote. If anybody has the time and is willing to help please feel free to let me know. Limited free time while the mrs is away Nerd
vanOert Wrote:Just a quick update: I've contacted Logitech, they want to do a special profile for xbmc, I am currently waiting for a button template so we can work out the best action set.

vanOert, has there been any follow up with this post?
Could someone confirm will a Harmony + HP IR + Windows 7 allow you to wake from sleep?

My current IR doesn't seem to wake from sleep.
Sheezwack Wrote:Could someone confirm will a Harmony + HP IR + Windows 7 allow you to wake from sleep?

My current IR doesn't seem to wake from sleep.

My Harmony + Philips RC6 + Win 7 does sleep/wake with no problem. Waking/Sleeping is initiated by sending power toggle, and Win 7 power management is set to "press power to sleep and wake". As long as the IR receiver is RC6, it should work with Win 7 this way.
bry- Wrote:Hey all, just read the thread and am a bit tired. Can't seem to process some of the instructions and looking for a bit of help.

I am running Win7x64 and migrating from mc7+media browser back to XBMC.

I have the latest xbmc release installed and am looking to custom configure my Logitech Harmony One remote. If anybody has the time and is willing to help please feel free to let me know. Limited free time while the mrs is away Nerd

Ask questions and I'm sure someone will answer.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13