• 23(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
This works BRILLIANTLY!
bswiz Wrote:I think this is because those keys are mapped in the global section.

Is there a way to have the # keys only function as JumpSMS when in a video list view and revert to normal number keys anywhere else?

Hope that makes sense!

Oh - one other thing I'd like to see that I'm pretty sure can be done... mapping a key to jump directly to Movies, TV, or Music.

Yes, don't put them in global Big Grin put them in <myvideolibrary>

see the first link in this post for more info and the answer to your 2nd question!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=583...stcount=43
bodhi Wrote:The Alt+F4 approach always causes this problem whenever the desktop has focus (Alt+F4 at the desktop will bring up the Win7 shutdown screen). To avoid this, you can create 2 activities: XBMC-to-Hulu, and Hulu-to-XBMC. While in XBMC, use the 1st one to shutdown XBMC and start Hulu, and vice versa. The XBMC-to-Hulu activity can be implemented in many ways: Alt+F4 - Hulu, or XBMC's Shutdown - Hulu, or Esc-Esc-End - Hulu. The Hulu-to-XBMC activity is: Alt+F4 - XBMC.

However, switching activities like this is never foolproof, because once in a while, the windows focus is not where you'd want it to be, so things will get out of wack. I'd recommend using Bluecop plugin to run Hulu from inside XBMC. It's a very good plugin, I have not had any problem and I've been using it everyday for a few weeks. I still keep the 2 switching activities as back up, in case I want to watch Hulu and the plugin is briefly out of service (once in a while Hulu threw a curve ball and bluecop had to keep up).

Looks like the plugin requires the CDNs to allow access and there are some issues. I'll write a couple scripts to launch XBMC and Hulu and kill the other to avoid any issues.
sufreak Wrote:Looks like the plugin requires the CDNs to allow access and there are some issues. I'll write a couple scripts to launch XBMC and Hulu and kill the other to avoid any issues.

I agree. Using the plugin is great in term of integration, when it works it's the best approach. Unfortunately, Hulu must be changing their interface once in a while so that people can't bypass their advertisement easily. So I always have a backup way to launch Hulu desktop. Having scripts to kill XBMC and Hulu when switching is really the "cleanest" way to switch. I think this is because XBMC is intended to be the only thing running in the box (i.e. XBMC Live), so the issue of window loosing focus has not been considered important to the XBMC developers. Using Harmony sequences, we can do this but it's still not as clean as using scripts/event ghost.
balforth Wrote:2) Power issues -- I have 4 devices: My TV, receiver, MCE Keyboard, and Media Center SE. Both keyboard and SE are set to not have power buttons, while the TV and receiver are set to have a single power toggle button. My activities are configured to leave everything on when not in use. I have one activity for XBMC and one for SlingPlayer. I have soft buttons to start each app using Win+num key and to close using Alt-F4... they don't start/shut down automatically, which is the way I want it. I leave my HTPC on all the time, so I thought with this configuration the power button on the remote would shut down the TV and receiver, however it does nothing. How can I make the power button control the TV and receiver only?

Your TV and receiver should turn off with the Power off button. Review the activity on Harmony Setup screen to see if it contains the 2 steps to turn off the TV and receiver. And check the device settings for TV and receiver to make sure that you have the power button for each. It must be something is missing in the setup.
markcleveland Wrote:Thanks for all the advice in this thread, it's been very helpful, I've just come to one minor issue I'm hoping to get some help with.

I have the 1 key setup as "Comma" (Skip Previous), however when I press the 1 key it actions is as the "<" (aka the "less-than sign").
Anybody ever come up with a resolution for this? I'm having the same problem.
"End" and "Home" seem to be missing from my choices of commands.
It's listed on neither WMC or WMC SE.
I also don't see the "Page Down"/"Page Up" as choices.
Clutchless Wrote:"End" and "Home" seem to be missing from my choices of commands.
It's listed on neither WMC or WMC SE.
I also don't see the "Page Down"/"Page Up" as choices.

WMC or MCE Keyboard and MCE Keyboard SE?
I have End listed right after E on MCE Keyboard. PageUp and PageDown are right where you would expect also.
dragomanjk Wrote:WMC or MCE Keyboard and MCE Keyboard SE?
I have End listed right after E on MCE Keyboard. PageUp and PageDown are right where you would expect also.

I had to add the MCE Keyboard vs. the Windows Media Center. Got it now, thanks.
So I've found a few posts on the internets about the "Comma" / "<" problem, but not one resolution.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Regardless if I assing "Comma" or "<" to the skip back button, if you go into notepad, it sends "<".

Also, what is the default behavior for skipback? I would assume that it would just jump back a minute or two. I made a custom keymap file and changed the binding on that to "b", however when we're watching a show and you hit skip back, it starts the show over from the beginningHuh I'm thinking about just mapping it to DirectionLeft instead. Anybody else do this?
The best suggestion I can give is to use eventghost and setup the keys with the built in AppCommands of windows so buttons behave like media keys.

It works incredibly awesome with XBMC when you do that. I can press left/right/up/down to skip or use the fast forward/rewind buttons on the remote to do just that.

Eventghost + MCE Remote + Media Commands = awesome
Ya, that would work, but it the Harmony One should be able to do it all on it's own, and it would be a shame to have to install another app and leave it running all the time for one single 'skip back' function. Everything else performs masterfully and I can assign any action to any key right on the remote.
All,
Please check out the new Official Harmony Remote with XBMC Thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95063

Please put your feedback here or in a PM to me or vanOert
sufreak Wrote:All,
Please check out the new Official Harmony Remote with XBMC Thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95063

So should we start posting there? it's confusing if we have 2 threads.
sufreak Wrote:All,

That guide still doesn't list MCE Keyboard SE and I thought the MCE Remote had nothing that the MCE Keyboard didn't... redundant.

Sheezwack Wrote:The best suggestion I can give is to use eventghost and setup the keys with the built in AppCommands of windows so buttons behave like media keys.

It works incredibly awesome with XBMC when you do that. I can press left/right/up/down to skip or use the fast forward/rewind buttons on the remote to do just that.

Eventghost + MCE Remote + Media Commands = awesome

Whenever I've tried Eventghost, it displays 2 or 3 codes at a time that change each button press... impossible to use. What am I doing wrong?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13