• 39(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
sjw1 Wrote:Getting there.. Smile
Can the Harmony send CTRL+ALT+X commands? I have a couple of shortcuts on the Desktop that I don't really want to add to the Taskbar. As far as I know, tho assign them a shortcut, they need to be in the CTRL+ALT+.. format..?

You can assign shortcuts F keys Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:You can assign shortcuts F keys Smile
I'm not sure how they work though - even on the PC. I have assigned a shortcut of F12 to a Desktop shortcut. Pushing F12 on the keyboard) does nothing though..
bodhi Wrote:You could try to PM the OP (VanOert). VanOert has not been around since May, so I'm not sure we can get the pics. If anybody has a backup of the pics, please put them up on some upload sites such as mediafire, and I will repost them here with instructions.
I have the original pictures so I'll try to find time at the weekend to post them up somewhere.
sjw1 Wrote:I'm not sure how they work though - even on the PC. I have assigned a shortcut of F12 to a Desktop shortcut. Pushing F12 on the keyboard) does nothing though..

Try a different F key not F12 not sure why that key doesn't work must be a reason its the same for me

I use F keys purely for what you want to do Smile

You can assign F1, F2 etc even though windows uses for them all ready your shorcut takes priority
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
He he, trust me to have tried the F12 key..
Works great - cheers! Big Grin
My current thinking on the backslash sending a # is that the MCE thinks it's a US keyboard. Sending " results in a @ and vice versa - which is what a US keyboard setting does.
Don't know how to change it though. Sad
sjw1 Wrote:My current thinking on the backslash sending a # is that the MCE thinks it's a US keyboard. Sending " results in a @ and vice versa - which is what a US keyboard setting does.

I think JR would be able to help. JR?
bodhi Wrote:I think JR would be able to help. JR?

Upgrade to a nightly build or wait for the v11.0 beta to start. I've completely rewritten the keyboard handling in v11.0 and it now handles regional keyboards properly.

JR
sjw1 Wrote:My current thinking on the backslash sending a # is that the MCE thinks it's a US keyboard. Sending " results in a @ and vice versa - which is what a US keyboard setting does.

If your running windows its easy to change from US keyboard to another Language just go to "Regional and Languages"
>>X<<' Wrote:If your running windows its easy to change from US keyboard to another Language just go to "Regional and Languages"

Well yes, but this will make no difference to the Dharma key mapping.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Well yes, but this will make no difference to the Dharma key mapping.

JR

Got to admit I didn't know one way or the other if it would or not Eek
>>X<<' Wrote:If your running windows its easy to change from US keyboard to another Language just go to "Regional and Languages"
My 'normal' keyboard is a UK one - and set to that in Windows. Smile
jhsrennie Wrote:Upgrade to a nightly build or wait for the v11.0 beta to start. I've completely rewritten the keyboard handling in v11.0 and it now handles regional keyboards properly.
JR
I currently use 10.1 that, some time back, I patched to give me (essential) functionality to have 'easy' output audio output via HDMI and/or Optical.
I am happy with xbmc and it does an awesome job just how I llke it.. Smile
Without 'shouting' at me, and if it's possible even, I've heard of 'Eden' and you have mentioned v11. What, to an average user is changing? I heard that there were 'big' changes planned (for audio? especially?) but they're not (all?) happening now?
JR, I live not far from you. And work at a rather large (the biggest?) employer not too far away. Smile
Cheers for all your help.
There's a new audio engine being written. I don't know where that's got to, but it isn't stable enough to go into v11.0. The dual audio patch will almost certainly be applied to v11.0 once it's released. The development team aren't keen on the patch for reasons that escape me because I don't know anything about the audio code.

Speaking as a developer there's lots of cool code in v11.0 but aside from the obvious change to the default skin I'm not sure users will see that much difference, as much of the change is under the hood. I think v11.0 will provide the platform for the snazzier stuff in the version after that.

JR
vanOert Wrote:(6) Now let’s create an activity
Go to activities tab, then select ‘Add Activity’

Go through the steps selecting:

Now, you need to add your devices. This depends on your configuration.
You’ll have to select both MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard.

In my case, additionally, we’re going to select the TV and the A/V-Receiver.
Continue through the input selection and try to be honest about everything. It should work.
When done, select done. ;-)

(7) Now, go back to the activities tab and select ‘Customize Buttons’ on your generic activity.

I am in the process of setting up my Harmony One to control my HTPC (including XBMC, to which I am relatively new). I got all my music setup as I want and am making progress on my movies but questions there later.

So far with the Harmony I've got my Activities and Devices (including MCE remote and MCE SE) set up such that I can get the PC turned on to WMC. In setting up the Harmony I am a little unclear as to the correct selection when asked "what input or channel does you Microsoft Media Center PC need to be on?". I chose Desktop but despite that WMC was launched. Should I have selected Windows Media Center and then change the key map instructions to open XBMC?

I have more questions but I'll be happy to get answers one at a time.

Gratefully yours,
SteveMA
SteveMA Wrote:I am in the process of setting up my Harmony One to control my HTPC (including XBMC, to which I am relatively new). I got all my music setup as I want and am making progress on my movies but questions there later.

So far with the Harmony I've got my Activities and Devices (including MCE remote and MCE SE) set up such that I can get the PC turned on to WMC. In setting up the Harmony I am a little unclear as to the correct selection when asked "what input or channel does you Microsoft Media Center PC need to be on?". I chose Desktop but despite that WMC was launched. Should I have selected Windows Media Center and then change the key map instructions to open XBMC?

I have more questions but I'll be happy to get answers one at a time.

Gratefully yours,
SteveMA

Hi I have a set up like this what i did was when i set up my activity up I did not chose to add my windows media pc to the activity just added my tv and told it that I use hdmi 1 .So the activity just turned on my pc and switched to hdmi 1 . I then edited the activity and just added th windows media pc and selected that the input was not listed. I then edited the keys in the activity making the PLAY button use my windows media pc and set it to play and so on. Hope this helps.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13