Pivot on track tag information
Not sure if this has been raised before.

What I would like to see is the ability to click into a track (perhaps from the track listing) and see the various tags associated with the track. Perhaps clicking a key such as the right arrow could do this.

From there, I would like to select one of the tag values to perform a search for all tracks relating to that tag value.

Tags such as album, artist, genre are probably the key ones.

This is something that Squeezecenter/Squeezebox has done since inception and I find it really useful when listening to multi artist/album playlists and you decide you want to play more tracks from the same artist playing etc.

Cheers,
John
I see that pressing 'I' brings up Media Info when within the Music menu structure. Being able to select one of the tags shown to do the search would be sufficient. Being able to extend this to the other variants of Media Info views (such as what appears on the now playing/home menu/pictures ) would make it even better.
(2010-07-21, 12:26)jhall_uk Wrote: I see that pressing 'I' brings up Media Info when within the Music menu structure. Being able to select one of the tags shown to do the search would be sufficient. Being able to extend this to the other variants of Media Info views (such as what appears on the now playing/home menu/pictures ) would make it even better.

Looking for this also -- did you find it? Clicking on info and then having all tags -- such as year, artist, label, etc. -- clickable to a list of all songs matching that tag would be cool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivot on track tag information1