XBMC version checking in addon.xml?
Now I know that things have moved on since the early part of the addons merge, but back when the addons used description.xml we had the following tags

PHP Code:
<minversion>
     <
xbmc>28000</xbmc>
</
minversion

Is there something similar available for addon.xml? I'm asking this as up until SVN31455 my skin was broken due to a XBMC 'bug', so I would need something like

PHP Code:
<minversion>
     <
xbmc>31456</xbmc>
</
minversion

to insure that I don't have users complaining that my skin does not work with the 'latest' build. So is this still available?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
minversion is completely ignored, and technically it makes the XML non-compliant with the schemas.

The only versioning we care about is that you're using XBMC skin version 2.11. Every time something is added to the skin engine that will be bumped (with backward compatibility available as needed).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:minversion is completely ignored, and technically it makes the XML non-compliant with the schemas.

The only versioning we care about is that you're using XBMC skin version 2.11. Every time something is added to the skin engine that will be bumped (with backward compatibility available as needed).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, thought that was the case, but as I said did seem to be available earlier in the addons merge so I thought I would ask. I previously asked if the developers could provide something along the lines of

<visible>XBMCVersionGreaterThan(31455)</visible>

as this would be handy for when things change in the skinning engine (bugs etc.) that don't have the skin engine version bumped. At the moment I have used a script to check if special: file locations are available. Being able to use alternate forms of various controls depending what version of xbmc is running would be handy. At the moment I would have to write another script (which I know you think is hacky) to parse System.BuildVersion and then do a numeric compare against a user supplied build number. This is doable, but my scripting is rudimentary at best, so it would be something that I would avoid.

Could see this as being useful.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

I suggest you simply leave the 'old' version as it is and just work on a separate 'up-to-date' version.
Hitcher Wrote:I suggest you simply leave the 'old' version as it is and just work on a separate 'up-to-date' version.

Hitcher,

That's pretty well what I plan to do. It's just I can see the usual, "Your skin is crap because it doesn't run on the 'Latest' version" comments that you always see on release of a updated skin. Guess I will just have to let Spiff loose on anyone that doesn't read the release postLaugh.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC version checking in addon.xml?0