Scraping methods
Any chance to get some methods to trigger content scraping manually?

I'd like to create a media management WebInterface but without that it would be kind of useless.

Think of this situation:
- server with tvheadend, mysql, samba,..., XBMC-Server (perhaps like in this post?)
- many clients, some openelec, none having any sources defined but connected to the MySQL DB

Then I can think of these features needed in WebInterface:
- Start Scanning (supported)
- Show newest content (supported)
- Show/Edit Details (supported)
- Delete content from DB (not sure if supported)
- Rescan a content item (unsupported)
- Rename/Move files on disk (unsupported) [*]
- Perhaps some methods to unpack/copy/move files from incoming folders (like torrent DLs) (unsupported) [*]
[*] perhaps those can be achieved with a python addon which can be triggered from JSON (at least afaik)

I know that some of those can be achieved using other tools, but i'd like to have all of that in one interface.
Reading the forum and other sources regularly i think i'm not alone with that wishes Wink
So why not use XBMC directly. Not many pieces missing:
- Server-mode
- JSON methods

Cannot see why server mode should not be possible but i also know that there may be many coding-issues that stand against that i cannot see from outside Wink
So perhaps for a first step 'just' the content scraping?

In fact that's why I'm posting here Wink
Haven't tried but scrapers are just addons so Addons.ExecuteAddon might do what you want.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2012-10-24, 19:24)Mizaki Wrote: Haven't tried but scrapers are just addons so Addons.ExecuteAddon might do what you want.

That won't work because they don't behave like normal addons
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping methods0