Music, Musicvideos, Karaoke - how does it all fit together?
I searched for a bit, but only found bits and pieces. I have a huge music collection, which I have already scanned into XBMC and is part of the music library. I have a decent amount of music videos, which I have not yet scanned into XBMC and a few Singstar karaoke sets (which consist of an mp3, an avi, a txt and a jpg). I am sure that I am not the only one with a setting like this.

A few questions:

1) Should I keep the 3 things completely separate? I.e., music in music librarym musicvideos in musicvideo library, and Singstar karaoke inHuh

2) Anyone experience with Singstar karaoke songs/video/text and how to best organize/use them in XBMC. I know that it is supported, but wanted to check how to best set them up that these few files dont get lost in the large music library?

3) How can all 3 be combined in a party-mode? I am not looking for links to the Wiki or explanations, but more how you guys are using it in real-life. How can musicvideos and/or music files in XBMC be most efficiently used during parties.

Cheers!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I don't know anything about the karaoke feature, never used it.

Music videos will be added to the music library and the video library. Mixing music videos and music files is quite tricky though. Music videos will not show up in the playlist editor. Mixing playlists is possible through smart playlists and by manually adding them to the now playing list and saving that list. However after some while at least for me some music videos will just not play. I created two tickets for some things I ran upon when trying to mix music and music videos:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8391

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9077

In the end because of the not playing some videos I found mixing playlists not yet really feasible for parties.
steve1977 Wrote:I have a decent amount of music videos, which I have not yet scanned into XBMC and a few Singstar karaoke sets (which consist of an mp3, an avi, a txt and a jpg). I am sure that I am not the only one with a setting like this.
[...]
3) How can all 3 be combined in a party-mode? I am not looking for links to the Wiki or explanations, but more how you guys are using it in real-life.

I know my reply is two months late but anyway here goes...

I do not use library mode. Sure nice to impress friends with all that cover art, scraped text, etc. But I and my family never read those. Only some folder images for each video and game so my kids (not reading yet) know what to choose from.

As for music and karaoke a have setup UltraStar Deluxe using the executor add-on for all my SingStar files. A nice wireless SingStar mic set and it just works flawless.

My CD+G karaoke files I now have in a separate music folder and enabled karaoke for that folder so XBMC automagically picks it up. The same goes for my karaoke DVD's. They rest in a separate video folder. Currently I have a karaoke kit (with mic's) hooked up between my mediacenter and stereo amplifier for CD+G and DVD's. Of course I want to use my wireless set here as well, but am still looking for a solution.

Besides this I have a sound and text sync problem with my CD+G files which I hope to solve soon or at least before x-mas.

I'd like to know how others are using XBMC with karaoke as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music, Musicvideos, Karaoke - how does it all fit together?0