Play DVD?
Rainbow 
Hi,

First of all: Hi to everybody! I'm new here!

I've recently bought an Asrock 330ht with 2gb of ram and a 640gb hard drive. After trying many skins, I've decided to stick with Alaska: nice, easy, stable and runs good with the atom+ion combo.

But I'm stuck: how do I play DVD with this skin? I've searched the internet and somewhere I've read it should be in the Videos menu, but I don't see that option. I've checked play automatically the dvds but instead of getting the dvd to play a menu appears: browse movies, films, picture o music, and they point me to my library..

any ideas?

Running Ubuntu 10.04 64 bits and xbmc 9.11.

Thanks!
With a disc inserted you'll get a 'Play Disc' option.

Is it the one with PLAY DISC on it.... Love your wit hitcher you have the patiance of an angel and the skinning skills of a GOD....
then maybe there's something wrong with my setup, dvd player, or dvd discs..

I don't get the play dvd menu item.

I has happened with 2 different dvd: I get a notification that external media has been mounted under /media/"dvd name here" and that's it..

At first I thought it could be related to the libdvdcss stuf, but I've installed it and have rebooted and still it doesn't work. Any ideas??

nautilus detects it's a video dvd and totem will let me play it.. at least until menu.
There's something wrong with 'System.HasMediaDVD' then - report it in the relevant forum.
thanks Hitcher!

I've hit the libcdio bug...

UPDATE: the svn ubuntu ppa solved this issue!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play DVD?0