• 2(current)
Ultimote - unofficial third-part XBMC remote for iPad
aptalca Wrote:themoviedb.org does not save imdb id in the database.

I am guessing that this app retrieves the imdb id from the database and uses it to generate the imdb address for the movie, am I right?

In that case you can switch to imdb as your scraper (don't worry, imdb scraper has the ability to get the thumbs and fanart from tmdb)

Thanks for the info, does that mean I have to rescrap my whole database or I just need to select IMDB on the scraper ?
DDM123 Wrote:My wife promises to buy this if you change the Ultimote text background to something a little nicer and less "loud". Her words, not mine.

Yes, I admit that it it looks a bit messy. Blush
Will change it in the next update.
aptalca Wrote:themoviedb.org does not save imdb id in the database.

I am guessing that this app retrieves the imdb id from the database and uses it to generate the imdb address for the movie, am I right?

In that case you can switch to imdb as your scraper (don't worry, imdb scraper has the ability to get the thumbs and fanart from tmdb)

Ah! yes, that's right.
Hi,
I'm also having trouble connecting to the database Sad

I have typed the path correctly (also noted the uppercase error on Userdata).

My path is /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/

Testing this works great and it claims to sync. I can also control XBMC, however when selecting MOVIES it's blank on Ultimote?

Also when I restart Ultimote it can not find file error pops up?

Hope you can shed some light on this for me Smile

Flip.
Looks like a great application, however some requests Smile

- Can you use the normal controls? Having textboxes and custom buttons doesn't go too well with other bits of the application which use standard controls;

- Add a Music option. XBMC gets used for music 90% of the time for me;

- As others have requested, change the 'Ultimote' background. Just a plain black background by default, perhaps with the option to choose an image from your photos on the iPad?

Do that, and you have another purchase Smile
Fliposide Wrote:Hi,
I'm also having trouble connecting to the database Sad

I have typed the path correctly (also noted the uppercase error on Userdata).

My path is /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/

Testing this works great and it claims to sync. I can also control XBMC, however when selecting MOVIES it's blank on Ultimote?

Also when I restart Ultimote it can not find file error pops up?

Hope you can shed some light on this for me Smile

Flip.

Do you use xbmc live or is it installed on another linux dist?
Is xbmc at its home screen when you try to sync with Ultimote?
Will look into the error messageSmile
DaveHope Wrote:Looks like a great application, however some requests Smile

- Can you use the normal controls? Having textboxes and custom buttons doesn't go too well with other bits of the application which use standard controls;

- Add a Music option. XBMC gets used for music 90% of the time for me;

- As others have requested, change the 'Ultimote' background. Just a plain black background by default, perhaps with the option to choose an image from your photos on the iPad?

Do that, and you have another purchase Smile

Thanks for your feedback!
Working on the music tab, will probably be included in the next updateSmile
jeromem75 Wrote:Thanks for the info, does that mean I have to rescrap my whole database or I just need to select IMDB on the scraper ?

sorry for the late reply,

unfortunately, you have to rescrape the database

but I think you'll like it better, because the imdb scraper gets more info and fills the info screen unlike the tmdb one
aptalca Wrote:sorry for the late reply,

unfortunately, you have to rescrape the database

but I think you'll like it better, because the imdb scraper gets more info and fills the info screen unlike the tmdb one

I think I will wait until dharma :-) I have 1400 movies, can't handle the checking everything is ok part, I have also french movies which I had to scrap with soomething else.
My only concern is the database not found when u launch the software, I have to select on the setting test and save settings to get it to work.
jeromem75 Wrote:My only concern is the database not found when u launch the software, I have to select on the setting test and save settings to get it to work.

I have to do this too. My other problems are:

No plot info on tv episodes. It just displays the title. Not a big deal.

Only downloads about half of the movie covers. I can't figure out why. All same size and format.

My media is scraped through media companion on virtual box in mythbuntu 10.04 x64. I use the default special address to database.

Any tips?
I can't get it to work. I'm using Win7 and have Dharma. Ultimote isn't connecting to the database. I've tripple checked and don't see any typos. Any ideas?
Bongu Wrote:I can't get it to work. I'm using Win7 and have Dharma. Ultimote isn't connecting to the database. I've tripple checked and don't see any typos. Any ideas?

I was able to connect and can now move the cursor and control XBMC but it doesn't download any movies or tv shows. I'm not sure if this is the problem but I don't use XBMC to scrape but instead use Ember Media Manager. Is that issue?
As above - can you tell me how to change my settings or give me a refund please?

Using Camelot and Ember for managment. Syncs though doesn't update with any films/tv progsHuh
I will buy you a virtual beer if you help me sort out this remote...
Hi there,

I like the look of the app it has alot of potential.

I personally think the interface needs to be tighter and have a small redesign. Perhaps check out the Ipod XBMC remote app. (the paid one not the free one).

Also is it possible or are you planning to implement direct video streaming to the ipad through transcoding or something like that?
Can we please get some support on this movie database issue? I paid for the App and can't use the main function of it. I'm sure it is a great app, but right now it is barely functioning.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultimote - unofficial third-part XBMC remote for iPad0