[Windows]How to browse internet easily with the remote
Before starting, I'm using this file on Opera, but it should probably work for all browser with few modifications.

So, i know lots of you guys want to browse internet. But there are lot's of barriers. One of the problems is that there is no easy way to run browser. Of course best way would be to have something integrated directly into XBMC, but since this is not here, you have to close xbmc and launch browser. And even if you manage to open browser, browsing with remote would be hard to do.

So i have decided to share with you script i make with event ghost, that makes browsing much easier.

Your job is to download this file, open it in EventGhost and modify it for your remote. I will post keypresses here as [Keyboard.Return], so you can easily replace them with your evens (easiest way would be to modify plugins and then use find-replace on xml file to replace all events with your ones).

So how does it work?

1. You press [HID.Button.51] to switch between browser and XBMC. When switching to browser, XBMC will be closed down to preserve system resources. And vice versa. If you take a look on my file, you will see that I'm using taskkill.exe to close XBMC. That's because my XBMC will freeze on normal exit. But feel free to change it to quit if you don't experience this problem. Also my XBMC is set to portable. Remove -p switch if your one is not portable.

2. When you enter "Browser Mode", web browser should open in fullscreen. Now you can press [HID.Button.60] to toggle between 3 navigating modes:

1. Scrolling (when pressing directional keys, your page will scroll)
2. Mouse (your directional keys will move mouse pointer, middle button will click)
3. Link selection (you will select links with directional keys).

Each navigation mode is good for different needs, so remember you can switch modes on the fly.

3. To enter text, simply press one of the number keys. Multitap plugin should be activated and you can enter keys like on mobile phone keypad. [HID.Button.59] will serve as backspace key and [Keyboard.Enter] will confirm your selection. Multitap works only in Browser mode since XBMC already have great SMS functionality.

If you have your own XBMC functions in EventGhost, move them to XBMC folder in my script. XBMC folder is active only in XBMC mode.

I hope i have covered all i was not too confusing. Feel free to post your questions, problems or ideas. Also moderators, if you think it's worth, please move it to HOW TO area. Thanks.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gkli115ox5c8owu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]How to browse internet easily with the remote0