context menu spacing
No matter what I try there seems to always be a space in between the contextmenu items, causing them to never match up properly.

Like there's always something like an <itemgap>2</itemgap> in there

PHP Code:
<include name="contextMenuButton">
    <
font>small</font>
    <
textcolor>Color4</textcolor>
    <
focusedcolor>Color1</focusedcolor>
    <
texturenofocus>dialogs/list-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
    <
texturefocus>dialogs/list-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <
height>38</height>
    <
align>left</align>
    <
textoffsety>4</textoffsety>
    <
textoffsetx>20</textoffsetx>
    <
pulseonselect>false</pulseonselect>
</include> 

can't imagine I'm missing something?
Sadly its hard coded
I had this problem when I was modding Aeon but can't for the life of me remember the answer, I'm sure Jezz or JM will be along to explain it.

EDIT: There you go, lol.
Sad

Thanks guys
After Dharma we'll rip it out and throw a grouplist there instead.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Big Grin
Big Grin
cheers
Can I also request that we have an item count available as well please?

The reason being so we can slide the control if it's got lots of entries like in the screenshot below.

This is the first time I've seen this many entries in the context menu but I'd like to keep the current y position unless it's absolutely necessary to change it.

Thanks.
A better way, imho, would be to have it verticaly centered, regardless of number of items in it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm currently working on allowing using grouplist in context menu and need some feedback from You.

Currently we have 3 background images (top,center,bottom) stretched/positioned based on size of buttons. I think that using single image with <bordertexture> and making stretching more inteligent (preserving gaps between background image control and buttons) could allow deprecation of these 3 images. This is somewhat important because grouplist can have horizontal orientation and these 3 images were clearly designed for vertical style (not that horizontal grouplist in context menu is not weird)

Do You accept this idea?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Really a grouplist shouldn't need a background image for somthing like the context menu because you can add your own stuff to it already.

Take confluences new shutdown menu its already a grouplist that grows and shrinks depending on whats enabled and stays centered you just need to draw it right

yeah, problem with that that top and bottom image are in grouplist and content of grouplist isn't dynamicly created. And also making that buttons textures to include background and border seems like a little hackery for me - I would rather avoid such solutions (if possible of course). To be honest any "easy" solution have its limitations and would require weird hacks to do something else

I think most flexible would be to allow some kind of alignment one control to another, something like:
Code:
<posx>Control(x).Left - 20</posx>
<posy>Control(x).Bottom</posy>
<width>Control(x).Width + 40</width>
This would allow getting rid of hardcoded background images totally and possibly could benefit other areas?
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

my issue with what you seem to be suggesting then is we can't have anything but the buttons auto filled and one background stretched?

How then can we add things like the mouse/touchscreen support "close the dialog" buttons and titles like so

Really all anyone wants is to be able to set the spacing between the buttons thus the grouplist. I seriously doubt anyone will want to put all those text buttons horizontal
that's good point - I always tend to go with some overkill solutions - thanks for bringing me back to earth

how about just adding optional tag (just in DialogButtonMenu.xml)?
Code:
<window>
  <itemgap>X</itemgap>
[...]

I'm more than happy with that solution the only other issue we had was too many items needing scrolling like in hitchers screenshot but the eden code has already removed a heap of those buttons
pieh Wrote:that's good point - I always tend to go with some overkill solutions - thanks for bringing me back to earth

how about just adding optional tag (just in DialogButtonMenu.xml)?
Code:
<window>
  <itemgap>X</itemgap>
[...]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
context menu spacing0