ONLY menu won't work with Keymaps.xml and Lirc
Hey everyone,
I have my harmony remote setup with an MCE receiver using Lirc and for the most part have everything working as I like. I can't seem to get the menu buttons to work for some reason...

I'd like to use the Menu button for OSD or ContextMenu, but I don't think I've got it configured correctly. If I run irw and press the menu button, this is what I get (note I've changed the name to "menu" as before it was "DVD Menu" but it's still not working):
Code:
000000037ff07bdb 00 menu mceusb

Then in keymaps.xml (under global for this):
Code:
<menu>ContextMenu</menu>

So my understanding is if I'm in my movies section, it should pop up the context menu, or alternativly I have OSD in the fullScreenVideo bit, it should bring up that menu...

Can anyone see if I'm doing something wrong? I guess my assignment of the remotes button to "menu" is the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks for any help!
Niietzshe
wrong.

you need to use Lircmap to map your LIRC butto name to an internal XBMC button name. once done, you shouldn't have to touch remote.xml at all. remote.xml is a general remote mapping, Lircmap then maps your particular remote to this general remote. oh, and there is no context menu in fullscreen video however, that's the OSD action, mapped locally for the fullscreenvideo window.
my guide button on my remote acts as my "context" menu when highlighting a movie or tvshow and pressing guide it brings up my context menu.
when pressing menu on my remote it brings me back to the main menu of xbmc

-=Jason=-
Thanks Spiff,
I've had a quick look at the lircmap and it seems like the right thing to setup, so as soon as the missus is away from the TV I'll have a go.
Thanks
Niietzshe
i'm totally new to the whole linux and lirc stuff, also i read a lot in the past few days.

i bought an zotac zbox hd-id11 and installed the 9.11 live version of xbmc. i have a hama mce remote control wich has mouse support via a big round button in the middle of the remote to move the mouse pointer and two buttons for the left and the right mouse button. the remote works fine out of the box. there is only one things missing: the context menu.

i can open the context menu with the right mouse-button button when moving the mouse pointer to the correct position, but that's not what i want it to be like.

the next thing i want to do is let my harmony one take control, which is also working fine. problem is there is no mouse moving button and there are no mouse buttons on my harmony. further more is the mouse moving thing not how i want it to be. i would like to have the context menu on the info or guide button on my harmony.

can anybody tell me what i have to do to get this. i allready installed lirc, i know how to find and edit lircmap.xml or remote.xml and this stuff but i don't know how to manipulate them to get this working.

thx a lot for any help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ONLY menu won't work with Keymaps.xml and Lirc0