• 1(current)
Library not updating with Dharma trunk
I downloaded the 7-27 and checked the setting to update on startup. When I start it up, nothing is updated. My TV shows are stuck on about 8 series out of the 30+ I have. Additionally, only about 1/10 of my movies are showing up. I'm not sure what the problem is or what to do.
What about a debug log and additional information? Please check my signature on how to report a proper bug report.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have the same problem. Was using an older build, still Dhama build and suddenly my library would not update. I didnt change anything it just stopped updating. So I deleted my database file and recreated it, same thing happend. So updated to latest nightly build and still the same issue.

Here is debug log:
http://pastebin.com/D9KGXj4Q

Im using windows 7.

Hope Im not hijacking this thread, I imagine we have the problem.
Not a debug log, but it's pretty clear that it can't fetch any of your folders on U: My guess is that the drive isn't on U: any longer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry for not posting correct log. I have no idea why it couldnt access U: drive, it was there, and I could access it through windows explorer. About 5 mins after posted log the library all of a sudden decided to update lol.
Ok so problem is back. Not sure whats going on as it can access the new files as I checked they were there by browsing to them in the video mode. Yet they still wont add to the library.

Here is a new log with debugging enabled.
http://pastebin.com/4zaHfL0B

Can anyone help, this is rather fustrating.

Cheers.
It accessed your folders there fine - there was no new information to find, or the file hash was the same (i.e. no changes).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

It doesnt scan all the folders though.
Code:
20:53:27 T:292 M:2649698304   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'U:\Green_Zone_720p_Bluray_x264_CBGB\' due to no change
20:53:27 T:292 M:2649698304   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'U:\Hatchet 720P Hdtv Dd2 0 X264 Imdths\' due to no change

There is a folder in between these two, that is there and can be accessed fine as it shows up in the video file list.
Skipping dir 'U:\' due to no change.

You also appear to have scanned recursively which you shouldn't have. Clear everything out and start again.

I removed the source then re-added it. Set its content and made sure recursive scanning was set off. Scanned and nothing at all showed up. In the log all it said was: "Scanning U:\ as it is not in database. No changes to U:\"

In order for it to find any videos I had to have recursive scanning turned on. All of my movies are in this structure:

U:\Movie\Movie.mkv
I'm sure the log said quite a bit more than that. If you are having trouble with a problem, post all the details so that folk can actually help, rather than stumbling around in the dark hoping to trip over the cat.

I am having the same type of issue. XBMC will scan but not find anything. I have ahd to go to each movie & TV Show in the "non library" mode and press I for it to actually scan and add my movie/TV show. I am not at the XBMC PC at the moment but I will post logs as soon as I can...
I removed the source and then readded it. It found all new movies and added them to the library. But if I add any new movies and update library it still doesnt find them.

Ill post another log onces its done re adding everything but it will be the same as the previous logs.

I dont understand why xbmc can see the file (in video files mode), will add it if i remove source and re add but not when I update library.

If it helps all my data is stored on an unraid server, but not really sure that that matters.
Sorry for delay been crazy busy.

I ran xbmc, checked my playlist to see if the library had auto updated, it hadnt so I updated i manually, new videos still didnt show up so I went into the files veiw and played one of the new videos to ensure xbmc was seeing it. Then went and updated library and still didnt show up.

Code:
23:39:12 T:3160 M:2822475776   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(U:\Macgruber\Macgruber (2010).avi)

Here it shows me playing the new video, shows the path and the fact that xbmc can see it so how come when I update the library xbmc does not scan this folder?

Here is full log.

http://pastebin.com/2i7dW0Cj

Cheers.
Quote:Skipping dir 'U:\' due to no change

You added a folder (Macgruber) to the directory though I presume?

Please check your video database using something like sqlitespy (or upload your database for our perusal) and let me know the hash that it is stored. Then, add a folder with a movie in it (a dummy 0-byte file is fine) and re-update the library, and then re-check what the hash is.

Cheers,
Jonathan

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not updating with Dharma trunk1