• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Cirrus
Very nice skin, I'm really loving it. However, I've run into a problem, which seems to be related to the skin (since I'm not getting it with any other skin): When going through my tv shows, I get an "Operation not permitted" error, each time I switch to a new tv show. It also happens on the episodes, but only when fan art is being shown.

Do you have any idea what might be causing it?
I love this skin, but just one thing i noticed with Movies....

After using Ember to scape everything on my movies, in the movie details (and on the Info screen) the runtime is listed as "100 min mins". Did you add the additional "mins" label in the skin?
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

ZexisStryfe Wrote:I love this skin, but just one thing i noticed with Movies....

After using Ember to scape everything on my movies, in the movie details (and on the Info screen) the runtime is listed as "100 min mins". Did you add the additional "mins" label in the skin?

I thought I was trippin and was trying to figure out why I was getting the min min. same as you.... hopefully it is something simple.
When I get home, I was going to check with another skin installed to see if it is also doubled. I used MyMovies.dk to scrap mine.
I checked Transparacy and it isn't doubled there.

ZexisStryfe Wrote:I checked Transparacy and it isn't doubled there.

Yeah, I checked that skin too and no doubling....it's got me stumped!
I am using half wall view.

I deleted the 'mins' from the Label in that view and thought I had it!
But then I noticed that after watching a movie only the numbers show. If I then refresh the movie info, it corrects itself and shows 122 min, after watching movie only 122....

Too much for my little nut, so just deleted the part of Label that shows the time... I figure if I need to see the time, then I can look at info screen where it says 122 min mins.... DOH!
JDizzy Wrote:Yeah, I checked that skin too and no doubling....it's got me stumped!
I am using half wall view.

I deleted the 'mins' from the Label in that view and thought I had it!
But then I noticed that after watching a movie only the numbers show. If I then refresh the movie info, it corrects itself and shows 122 min, after watching movie only 122....

Too much for my little nut, so just deleted the part of Label that shows the time... I figure if I need to see the time, then I can look at info screen where it says 122 min mins.... DOH!

OK thats a bug. The skin looks for the string "mins" in the movie duration field and if it doesn't find it then it puts it in.

EMM puts "min" in the duration field. So cirrus doesn't find mins and puts it in, thus the "128 min mins".

It is an easy fix, I just have to change mins to min, then it will cover both cases. I'll get onto it.

FYI, not the <visible> tags - the first item is visible if 'mins' string is found:
Code:
<item>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[2050]:</label>
                <label2>$INFO[ListItem.Duration]</label2>
                <onclick>-</onclick>
                <visible>SubString(ListItem.Duration,mins)</visible>
              </item>
              <item>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[2050]:</label>
                <label2>$INFO[ListItem.Duration] mins</label2>
                <onclick>-</onclick>
                <visible>!SubString(ListItem.Duration,mins)</visible>
              </item>
Thanks!
That did the trick....

Malexx did a mod to add the TV tunes which is cool... you might consider if you are into that sort of thing although on other skins they have made it so you can turn it on or off.

I like this skin... it is quick and snappy!
hi,
iam just trying to get the Enable and Disable Option running for TVTunes and Extrafanart,but its just a trial and Error thing for me.
If Crookas consider making it would be great.

Keep up with this skin,it just rocks !!!
steve1977 Wrote:Any news on this? I would second this feature request. Playing a trailer windowed would be great. I love the way how it is done in "Transparency".

Thanks in advance!

Any chance to make this happen in th next release?

Also, any plans to add this to the official repo?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
stupid question crookas...

In which xml file is that code located?

I use version 2.0

I have a black background at the Homescreen, is that normal?

Settings not changed after the install.
Hi Crookas,

Awesome skin! Couple of quick things (running Dharma w/ Cirrus 1.1.5).

1. Is it possible to edit the xml to display text imdb ratings (eg. 7.4) instead of stars in the right list view? I've hacked around but haven't managed to be able to do it.

2. How do I activate Australian OFLC ratings rather than the US?

Cheers
Gus84 Wrote:Hi Crookas,

Awesome skin! Couple of quick things (running Dharma w/ Cirrus 1.1.5).

1. Is it possible to edit the xml to display text imdb ratings (eg. 7.4) instead of stars in the right list view? I've hacked around but haven't managed to be able to do it.

2. How do I activate Australian OFLC ratings rather than the US?

Cheers

Unfortunately mate its not just a matter of 'turning them on' - they are dependant on the tag in your movie nfo files - they have to say "Australia:M" or "Australia:MA" etc. When you scrape your movies they retrieve the american ratings "Rated R" or "Rated PG-13" etc.

The xml you change is in ViewsVideoRightlist.xml and its up the top:

Change:

Code:
<control type="image">
            <description>Rating value</description>
            <posx>180r</posx>
            <posy>40</posy>
            <align>right</align>
            <width>183</width>
            <height>25</height>
            <texture>$INFO[Listitem.StarRating]</texture>
          </control>

To:

Code:
<control type="label">
            <description>Rating value</description>
            <posx>180r</posx>
            <posy>40</posy>
            <align>right</align>
            <width>183</width>
            <height>25</height>
            <label>$INFO[Listitem.RatingAndVotes]</label>
          </control>

Something like that anyway, please note I haven't tested the above. For more infolabels check out http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels

And you have to change that in two spots - itemlayout and focused layout

Have fun!
Thanks mate! Works a treat!
I'm noticing this is a very versatile skin, have got a mac mini with bells&whistles and an Apple TV where I've switched off all fanart and used one background throughout (as it lags if you change the background) and a few minor other tweaks.

I did notice that when you go in series information or movie information and you choose to change the thumb (and I think fanart too) then the right part of the screen is where the action is, the left should just dim the background. However, there is "cast" floating somewhere on the left. I'm sure it's a leftover from a template somewhere, but it should be removed.

I might just go check where it is and list it here, but I thought I'd mention the oversight already.

Thanks for the skin!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cirrus6