• 47(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
I could use some help with my last remaining issue. I ran the auto installer, works like a charm. Practically all buttons on my remote (an MCE compatible that comes with the Xtreamer Ultra) work as expected.

One exception I found so far is the following. In the music or video library or files screen, a right mouse click will pop up a dialog with several options (such as rescanning the library, deleting a source, ...). I would expect Info on the remote to have the same effect but it doesn't. For music it looks like it wants to provide tag info.

No other button on the remote seems to pop up this particular dialog. My understanding from all the wikis and howtos is I can add specific mappings for Info (ctrl+D) to the MyMusicLibrary etc. sections of keyboard.xml, and they would only apply there, right?
Now my question is, what would I map it to? Something like this?

<d mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(...) </d>
CountBor Wrote:I could use some help with my last remaining issue. I ran the auto installer, works like a charm. Practically all buttons on my remote (an MCE compatible that comes with the Xtreamer Ultra) work as expected.

One exception I found so far is the following. In the music or video library or files screen, a right mouse click will pop up a dialog with several options (such as rescanning the library, deleting a source, ...). I would expect Info on the remote to have the same effect but it doesn't. For music it looks like it wants to provide tag info.

No other button on the remote seems to pop up this particular dialog. My understanding from all the wikis and howtos is I can add specific mappings for Info (ctrl+D) to the MyMusicLibrary etc. sections of keyboard.xml, and they would only apply there, right?
Now my question is, what would I map it to? Something like this?

<d mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(...) </d>

The "Guide" button should do what you want, it sends "c"! Where as the info button is set to send "ctrl+d" which displays Information about the Video/Audio.

If you want to swap what the buttons do, then just change all the [<d mod="ctrl">] entries to [<c>] and all the original [<c>] to [<d mod="ctrl">]. Or for simplicity use the MCERemotemapper to change what the buttons send.

1- Look for button id "15" "info" make sure all boxes against it are unticked and select "C" from the drop down menu.

2- Look for button id "38" "Guide" Make sure the Control box against it is ticked and Select "D" from the drop down menu.

More info about remapping remote buttons here

but as I said the "Guide" button is equivalent to a right mouse click, Hope this helps. :-)

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:The "Guide" button should do what you want, it sends "c"! Where as the info button is set to send "ctrl+d" which displays Information about the Video/Audio.

If you want to swap what the buttons do, then just change all the [<d mod="ctrl">] entries to [<c>] and all the original [<c>] to [<d mod="ctrl">]. Or for simplicity use the MCERemotemapper to change what the buttons send.

1- Look for button id "15" "info" make sure all boxes against it are unticked and select "C" from the drop down menu.

2- Look for button id "38" "Guide" Make sure the Control box against it is ticked and Select "D" from the drop down menu.

More info about remapping remote buttons here

but as I said the "Guide" button is equivalent to a right mouse click, Hope this helps. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

Yes this helps, the TV Guide button indeed does the trick. Not sure how I could have missed that one when trying the entire remote (oops).

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
Hello elitegamer360

I have just used your remote setup auto installer, and it worked flawless.
there is only one button that didn't work. The thing is that my remote has a MY TV button instead of the radio button that your remote has. This means that when I press the My Tv button MCE starts up.
I looked in your tutorials but couldn't figure out what to do since this button isn't mentioned anywhere. I hope you might be able to help me fix this. my plan was to make the my tv button lead to tv shows library and the my videos button lead to movies library.

my system setup is:
Win 7 x64 home premium
XBMC 10.1
Hauppauge MCE Remote using eHome Driver
elitegamer360 Wrote:In regard to the subtitles, I will double check this for you, I just want to look in to my keyboard.xml again and I am not home at the moment. But in general what you are doing is right. Where is the keyboard.xml you're modifying is saved in? System folder or the user folder?

Edit: Yes, just checked at home and there should be one "<t>" anyways what you want should look like this though <t>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</t> as noted here

Cheers,
EG.
I edited the one in the user folder, as per your instructions.

Thanks so much, i solved it by putting <t>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</t> under <FullscreenVideo> , and that seemed to override the <t> command, that's apparently standard (as per this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post869433 )

Anyways, everything's working great now.
Thanks so much for your awesome work and help! Smile
VortexDK Wrote:Hello elitegamer360

there is only one button that didn't work. The thing is that my remote has a MY TV button instead of the radio button that your remote has. This means that when I press the My Tv button MCE starts up.
I looked in your tutorials but couldn't figure out what to do since this button isn't mentioned anywhere. I hope you might be able to help me fix this. my plan was to make the my tv button lead to tv shows library and the my videos button lead to movies library.

my system setup is:
Win 7 x64 home premium
XBMC 10.1

In case it helps, I had the same problem.
Ufortunately I solved it by reprogramming my universal remote. I did have the same button and behaviour though.
My searches led me here; http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows
where it seems the button has no 46.

I gave up on editing the binary data though..

Another more crude method is discussed here: http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=18408
hey there, thanks for the tip, just looked through most of it.
I thought about if there might be a way to add the ID no. 46 to elitegamers regfile, and then edit it using MCE remote key mapper, that would make it pretty easy to make use of the button. but I don't know of a way to add extra entries in reg-files like this. or is this way out of the question?
VortexDK Wrote:Hello elitegamer360

my system setup is:
Win 7 x64 home premium
XBMC 10.1

Right, the MY TV button uses byte number "46" and I believe from my research documentation that it sends a WM_APPCOMMAND which is equivalent to [Media Select] and the specific Infra red signal code for [media select] is "01,83,01".

Therefore the full default alternative seven bytes that need to be added to the reg file are as follows:
Code:
46,00,00,00,01,83,01,\ ; [MY TV]            - Sends "Media Select"

but now you need to change the above code to this one:
Code:
46,00,00,00,04,01,04,\ ; [MY TV]            - Sends "Ctrl-A"

This will modify your "My TV" button to do exactly what the "Radio" button on my remote does :-)

At the moment I can not test this because this button does not exist on my remote, so I rely on your feedback Smile

If all goes well, I will add this peice to my next setup so anyone with your remote will be covered Wink

@ real_per: Glad everything works fine for you now :-)

Cheers,
EG
Thanks for this nice Tutorial!

Is there no Backslash Key in the MceRemoteMapper?
this looks great! I'm gonna try figuring out how to do it, but I'll probably come back for some help, but I'm going to try my best
Hi!
Excuse me but... Can. You explain me how to(if i can)setup my harmony 900 to control xbmc?
Thanks
Does anybody know why the MS Media Center reacts on Ctrl+D using the keyboard but not from the remote pressing the Info button? For me that means I can't use both MS MC and XBMC. For most users probably not a big issue but so far I don't use a media center regularly and don't have decided yet which system to use, MS has better WMV rendering and seeking and built in DVB-C support so I guess I'll stick to this for now.
cd492 Wrote:Thanks for this nice Tutorial!

Is there no Backslash Key in the MceRemoteMapper?

you need to select "OemPipe" in MCERemoteMapper :-)

VortexDK Wrote:this looks great! I'm gonna try figuring out how to do it, but I'll probably come back for some help, but I'm going to try my best

All you need to do is add the code I given you to any of my config.reg files save apply the reg file restart the PC and you will know if this works or not.

gianbevi Wrote:Hi!
Excuse me but... Can. You explain me how to(if i can)setup my harmony 900 to control xbmc?
Thanks

This thread will help you http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519 Nod , but here is the MCE remote owners club Wink

stax76 Wrote:Does anybody know why the MS Media Center reacts on Ctrl+D using the keyboard but not from the remote pressing the Info button? For me that means I can't use both MS MC and XBMC. For most users probably not a big issue but so far I don't use a media center regularly and don't have decided yet which system to use, MS has better WMV rendering and seeking and built in DVB-C support so I guess I'll stick to this for now.

You will need this solution that I made here --> click me

I hope this helps you all :-)

Cheers,
EG.
@elitegamer360

That's the same reg file I think, I just tried it again and the info button don't work in MS MC, it sends Ctrl+D, MS MC on my PC will only react on Ctrl+D sent from keyboard but not from my remote, it's this MS model:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fil...tsmall.jpg
elitegamer360 Wrote:you need to select "OemPipe" in MCERemoteMapper :-)

Thanks elitegamer360, this works with the US Keyboard Layout.

But I'm using the European Layout on my two clients.
So I have to push 2 Buttons (Alt) + (-) instead of just (\). The (-) is the Button right next to 0.
In MCERemoteMapper I tried OemMinus and Alt + OemMinus as well. Both didn't work. Any Idea which Key I have to select to get this working?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15