• 60(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
(2012-04-04, 01:14)henrikyo Wrote: Does this work good with the mce remote included with the origen ae m10

Im not good at fidling with stuff.

Can i install the exe and auto hotkey and it will work out of the box.

Like change audio track, press info to get more info on movie etc?
I have no idea mate, you need to check in your device manager to see if your remote is using Microsoft's eHome driver as shown below!

if you do not have the drivers as above then the exe install will not work. Post back what you have and will try to help you more!

Cheers,
EG.

(2012-04-06, 06:23)Beer40oz Wrote: UPDATE! Download Keyboard.xml v1.84 lol got it fixed...... thank you.

I read the first page....

Good Big Grin I will update the first page to make it more obvious Laugh

Cheers,
EG,
keymap.xml
Hello first of all thanks for this great howto but i have a problem i have a imon htpc and mine remote in mine imon software is mce.
i followd this guide and also this one http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...eadID=4085
Almost everything works well my tv and receiver do the right things and mine htpc also starts and the button start xbmc also , but the buttons movie,s , tv series , music and pictures don,t work neither as close xbmc
I have no keymap in windows/system and i have made mine own with onley this in it

<f1>XBMC.ShutDown</f1>
<f2>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,retu rn)</f2>
<f3>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,ret urn)</f3>
<f4>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(music)</f4>
<f5>XBMC.Takescreenshot</f5>

i place this in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps but it won,t work can anybody please explain me what is wrong and how do i get full keymap so mine harmony works well with xbmc.
(2012-04-09, 11:34)xallias Wrote: keymap.xml
Hello first of all thanks for this great howto but i have a problem i have a imon htpc and mine remote in mine imon software is mce.
i followd this guide and also this one http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...eadID=4085
Almost everything works well my tv and receiver do the right things and mine htpc also starts and the button start xbmc also , but the buttons movie,s , tv series , music and pictures don,t work neither as close xbmc
I have no keymap in windows/system and i have made mine own with onley this in it

<f1>XBMC.ShutDown</f1>

i place this in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps but it won,t work can anybody please explain me what is wrong and how do i get full keymap so mine harmony works well with xbmc.

this wont work if you just do it like that in keyboard.xml! You need to specify to XBMC where it should apply the commands above. If I were you I will just plug it in "global" as follows.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1>XBMC.ShutDown</f1>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Save and restart XBMC, now XBMC will use the system keyboard.xml for all the commands except the ones you specified here in the "userdata/Keymaps" folder will override the original one, but remember that it has to be done correctly for it to work. Use a proper xml editor of your choice to avoid errors.

Cheers,
EG.
Thank you elitegamer for this i,am gonna try this right now and sorry for mine late respons
Hi,
I would like to map one of the keys to select subtitles window in full screen video. Cant seem to find the action command for the screen.

Appreciate any help i can get.
hi there,

been using xbmc for a bit now and loving it. last thing i need to do on this pc is add support for my rc6 remote. anyone know if this will work with a usb-uirt receiver?

thanks
This is AMAZING!!!
I have been messing around with different approaches for weeks trying to get my MCE remote to work how I want, and this just worked 'out of the box' so to speak.

One thing I could use a little help with is switching the sound device when XBMC is run. I have a dual monitor setup and have my tv hooked up as the third monitor. I use Ultramon to switch the displays when XBMC is run and back when it exits via a custom shortcut, and I have a separate sound device going to the tv. I had already been using AHK to try to accomplish my goals before I came across this, so this is what i have so far for the script modification:
Code:
IfWinNotExist XBMC.exe ;If XBMC is shutdown
        WinClose, Pandora
        Run, mmsys.cpl         ;;;;;;These lines switch the sound device
        WinWait, Sound
        ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down 7}
        ControlClick,&Set Default
        ControlClick,OK
        Run, XBMCMon.lnk ;Start it ;;;;;;;This is the XBMC shortcut the switches the monitors, ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; it is in the same directory

This bit is all that I've modified, and it works perfectly. What I need help with is how/where to alter the script so it switch the sound device back when XBMC exits/ is not running.
P.s. I have XBMC set to exit automatically since I often fall asleep with it on.
Hello all.

I've a small problem with my remote i can't explain.
I just want to configure the "LiveTV" button to mapp "Alt+Enter" for full screen on MPC-HC, but it doesn't work, on ShowKey, when i press it, nothing happend. If i configure another button (like Teletext) to mapp "Alt+Enter", it works.

It is a HP HDX Remote (buyed on eBay.com), i don't understand why i can't map "LiveTV", or it is broken on the remote (LED is flashing on receiver when i press it). Maybe a fake keycode?

I've added "25,00,00,00,04,04,28" in the registry to mapp it, am i wrong?

I'm on Windows 7 32bits Ultimate, using XMBC 10.1 and MPC-HC (Media Player and MCE uninstalled) with Default eHome configuration (i just added Play/Pause and Green Button to registry).
Anyone tried this with windows 8?
I just gave this a try ( using the manual installation method), and it works wonderfully on one of the unlisted remotes...
Rosewill RRC-126 Windows 7 Certified Media Center Infrared Remote Control with Netflix Function
Newegg.com: Rosewill RRC-126 Windows 7 Certified Media Center

The only problem i can see is that the Red/green/yellow/blue subfunctions don't exactly work on this remote, but that is a minor issue. Also, for some reason there is no bind to the radio button... would it be possible to map that to say Media/Codec Information ( same as pressing the 'O' key on the keyboard. )
hi all,

I have a strange problem with my HP MCE remote.
It worked fantastic when connected to my desktop PC but yesterday I installed my HTPC (both are running Win7 SP1) and put XBMC on it.
Everything is fine so far and the remote is working apart of key repeat (e.g. when holding "down" on the remote).
I spent 5 hours now to compare everything and searching the web but nothing helpful so far.
I wonder if anyone has a hint?
BTW. I tested as well with my notebook which doesn't work as well. Only on the desktop PC the key repeat is working.

steefen
I have installed this method on mij htpc (asus s1-at5nm10e with windows 7 x64 and xbmc 11 ) and it works great (with the internal IR receiver). But after a while it stops responding on the remote (sometimes after 5 and sometimes after 20 minutes or more).

I have installed XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18

I can't figure out the problem. I use a harmony 300i set as windows media center SE remote.

When I reboot the system everything works great again.

Anyone an Idea?
Just got a Dell HF569 remote working with this, so easy to do, just wanted to say thanks!
Has anybody tested this with a Harmony one remote + Flirc?
elitegamer360 I think your are going to like this:

I am able to turn on my HTPC with this DONGLE..... and MCE remote... Smile

Take a look.....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1117815
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15