• 45(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
phistyle Wrote:the green button works fine for me but it keeps on turning my xbox 360 at the same time also...is there any way around this besides unplugging my xbox 360?

To Stop the Green Start button from Starting the XBOX 360, then Do this:

1- Start XBOX 360
2- System Settings
3- Console Settings
4- Remote Control
5- Select "Xbox 360 Media Remote" and it will stop the MCE remote from functioning with the XBOX 360. If you want it to work again for any reason just select "Both Remotes".

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:To Stop the Green Start button from Starting the XBOX 360, then Do this:

1- Start XBOX 360
2- System Settings
3- Console Settings
4- Remote Control
5- Select "Xbox 360 Media Remote" and it will stop the MCE remote from functioning with the XBOX 360. If you want it to work again for any reason just select "Both Remotes".

Cheers,
EG.
ah cool...I forgot all about that function on the 360...thanks
Is there any way to turn off the computer with the remote? Turn of xbmc work but when i am in windows i cant get alt F4 to work tried the app to change button and tried to make my green button to do alt F4. Or if u could turn off the computer from xbmc it would be even better , sleep don't work for me because i use Notify app on my iphone so every time i get an sms or some one calls me it wakes my computer :/
If you change the default player, would the remote still work then ?
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I have used your tutorial and it works great for my remote. Only thing is when using something like the custom shutdown I can't use the number buttons on the remote to enter a time.

Also is it possible to have the number/letter buttons skip to a letter in movies/tv shows? For example pressing the '2/ABC' button three times takes me to movies/tv shows beginning with C?

I have this remote - http://support.boxee.tv/attachments/toke...remote.jpg

Running Windows 7 and a recent nightly build of XBMC
zpike1 Wrote:If you change the default player, would the remote still work then ?

I use MPC-HC. It does work with it AFTER remapping the keys within MPC-HC to match the commands sent to XBMC.

For example, the stop button on the remote sends Ctrl-Shift-S. So, if you remap the Stop command (or I used exit) in the MPC-HC keymap to Ctrl-Shift-S then it will work. Just do it for all of the commands that you need. It sounds a lot worse then it actually is, I had it done in almost no time.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
TechLife Wrote:I use MPC-HC. It does work with it AFTER remapping the keys within MPC-HC to match the commands sent to XBMC.

For example, the stop button on the remote sends Ctrl-Shift-S. So, if you remap the Stop command (or I used exit) in the MPC-HC keymap to Ctrl-Shift-S then it will work. Just do it for all of the commands that you need. It sounds a lot worse then it actually is, I had it done in almost no time.

Thanks got it working Smile
Hi elitegamer360

Since some buttons such as favorites, search, media(here call them "HP SP Key") are useless under JR's MCERemote add-on, I feel my HP universal version of MCE remote cannot work perfectly. In this moment, i guess your "RC6 Remote Setup The Easy Way" may be my best way to active these buttons work. But before install your auto installer, i have a question about my HP univeral MCE Remote.

My HP MCE Remote picture is as below, my question is, when i set it to be Standard Mce Remote(HP function), i found HP RC6 receiver have no response(no red light) when press "HP SP key", others are fine, but change to "HP mediasmart connect " (HP function), press "HP SP key", the receiver respond but nothing doing in MCE or XBMC! i doubt if i want "HP SP Key" work, it's useless whatever i do under its Standard Mce Mode,but it may be possible work under HP mediasmart connect mode, right? Just through Your Registry Method could be success, right? If yes, how could i do? Thank you first.
hi guys,

i need a bit of help keymapping my remote, i got this remote http://www.wantitall.co.za/Electronics/H...B0017KG4P2

now, my problem is when i press the power button i am shown with the option Exit|Shutdown|Suspend|Reboot, all options works except the shutdown button, it just close the xbmc but i want it to shutdown the pc Sad

any ideas how i could fix this?
cheers.
bing12 Wrote:hi guys,

i need a bit of help keymapping my remote, i got this remote http://www.wantitall.co.za/Electronics/H...B0017KG4P2

now, my problem is when i press the power button i am shown with the option Exit|Shutdown|Suspend|Reboot, all options works except the shutdown button, it just close the xbmc but i want it to shutdown the pc Sad

any ideas how i could fix this?
cheers.

It's not a key mapping issue. You need to tell XBMC to shut down Windows when you select the Shutdown option. Go to System settings, System, Power saving and change the "Shutdown function" setting to "Shutdown".

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:It's not a key mapping issue. You need to tell XBMC to shut down Windows when you select the Shutdown option. Go to System settings, System, Power saving and change the "Shutdown function" setting to "Shutdown".

JR

thank you jhsrennie. that fixed my problem, i didnt know that there is a shutdown function Smile stupid me.

cheers.
Bkam Wrote:Is there any way to turn off the computer with the remote? Turn of xbmc work but when i am in windows i cant get alt F4 to work tried the app to change button and tried to make my green button to do alt F4. Or if u could turn off the computer from xbmc it would be even better , sleep don't work for me because i use Notify app on my iphone so every time i get an sms or some one calls me it wakes my computer :/

Sorry for the delayed response by the way, I've been extremely busy lately Wink

I have this posted in my thread thousands of times Laugh

Regarding the Power button I've set it to XBMC Power menu because you can configure exactly what you want in XBMC. But if you want it to send your PC to sleep then do as follows:- We are going to use the conventional way of editing the the reg file manually instead of using MCEremotemapper :-)

1- On your Keyboard hit "Win+R" keys to start the "Run" dialogue, then paste %AppData%\Xbmccustomregis\ and hit OK. It should open "Xbmccustomregis" installation folder.

2- Right click on "Config.v1.25.reg" and select "Edit"

[Power Button]
3- Look for
Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "S"

4- Change it to
Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,81,00,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "Shutdown" command

Cheers,
EG.
chrishorton7 Wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I have used your tutorial and it works great for my remote. Only thing is when using something like the custom shutdown I can't use the number buttons on the remote to enter a time.

Also is it possible to have the number/letter buttons skip to a letter in movies/tv shows? For example pressing the '2/ABC' button three times takes me to movies/tv shows beginning with C?

I have this remote - http://support.boxee.tv/attachments/toke...remote.jpg

Running Windows 7 and a recent nightly build of XBMC

look here and download keyboard.xml in option 2. If you use latest Pre eden nightly releases then this might not work, let me know and I'll sort it out.

Cheers,
EG.
adsi Wrote:Hi elitegamer360

Since some buttons such as favorites, search, media(here call them "HP SP Key") are useless under JR's MCERemote add-on, I feel my HP universal version of MCE remote cannot work perfectly. In this moment, i guess your "RC6 Remote Setup The Easy Way" may be my best way to active these buttons work. But before install your auto installer, i have a question about my HP univeral MCE Remote.

My HP MCE Remote picture is as below, my question is, when i set it to be Standard Mce Remote(HP function), i found HP RC6 receiver have no response(no red light) when press "HP SP key", others are fine, but change to "HP mediasmart connect " (HP function), press "HP SP key", the receiver respond but nothing doing in MCE or XBMC! i doubt if i want "HP SP Key" work, it's useless whatever i do under its Standard Mce Mode,but it may be possible work under HP mediasmart connect mode, right? Just through Your Registry Method could be success, right? If yes, how could i do? Thank you first.

Not really sure what the "HP SP Key" is on your remote but if your IR receiver uses the "eHome" Driver and it does not respond to your remote signals it does not mean the remote do not work. You need to install the latest XBMCCustomregis installer from here as it maps almost all of the known remote buttons. You can always uninstall it from the installer it self and it will return your PC like it was, if you think it does not help.

You can always use JR's magic Showkey.exe as it will tell you exactly if your remote buttons send anything at all.

Sorry for the delay in replying again, been busy lately. If you need any more help let me know!

Cheers,
EG.
Hi!
Thanks for a great tutorial and awesome forum!

I just finished setting xbmc up on my asrock ion ht and it works awesomely. I installed the package in the first post, and the big green windows media center button now launches XBMC (actually also wmc, have to disable that) .. however the main reason for installing this extra package was to bind just some free button to return me to the HOME screen, that is the first screen of xbmc. If I press the green big button that starts XBMC when its not on, it just changes xbmc to windowed, and back again to fullscreen

I can't seem to make it work, I've installed the package here, and installed autohotkey,

What am I doing wrong?

I have the eHome driver installed.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15