• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
Hey,

Loving the potential for this script however im having a few issues I hope someone smarter than me can help me with!

Here is where i'm at.

My server(master) is 64bit windows 7. I have confirmed that my powershell is 2.0 by using get-host.

I have set both the standard powershell and the x86 version to use unrestriced policy.

I can see the two vlc processes running.

I can add the master server automatically on the client.

I launch a song from the master and I can see the song name open in the client xbmc....

BUT.....I get no sound output on the client. I have read the entire thread and I think a few people may be having this problem. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

If you can offer some advice towards solving this problem, i'm sure I wont be the only one who's grateful!

Warm regards,

Will
teshephe Wrote:Can you provide a debug of the error(s)? Thanks
Never really had to go into debugging addons so if someone could advise which folder I should be looking in for a debug log that would be much appreciated
Ok after further testing it seems to be a problem with xbmc on yavdr I also tried the addon on a pvr testing build on lucid and still the same problem seems related to sqlite3 I removed xbmc completely and installed the stable build and the addon seems to work haven't been able to try the streaming as I use my other comp as a HTPC so not willing to uninstall yavdr. Would be nice i this addon would work but I think this is the problem with trying to stay at the bleeding edge, sometimes it just wont work. Anyway I've attached a link to my xbmc log file if anyone can give any pointers on how to get this working then that would be much appreciated
[url=http://pastebin.com/5wWJXqY2][/url]
Just curious, is there any update on this working with XBMC Live?
theprofessor22 Wrote:Just curious, is there any update on this working with XBMC Live?

Is it dead or...? It would be very nice with at LIVE version!!
Hi guys,

I have tried to follow all of the trouble-shooting upthread, but I still end up with the sendUDP.py error and only one running instance of VLC. I did the Powershell stuff and XBMC is set to allow HTTP control through port 8080, no password. I get this:

Code:
20:57:09 T:3624 M:2520711168  NOTICE: Loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2509869056  NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2509864960  NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2501005312  NOTICE: initialize done
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2501005312  NOTICE: Running the application...
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2500116480  NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2499207168  NOTICE: WebServer: Started the webserver
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2499198976  NOTICE: starting upnp renderer
20:57:10 T:3624 M:2498994176  NOTICE: ES: Starting event server
20:57:10 T:2476 M:2498338816  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 127.0.0.1:9777
20:57:10 T:2476 M:2498338816  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777v
20:57:10 T:2728 M:2497695744  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:57:10 T:3688 M:2496360448  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:57:10 T:3688 M:2489864192  NOTICE: [MAV]: MAV-DB - MAV Database already exists...
20:57:10 T:2464 M:2487836672  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:57:11 T:2464 M:2480693248   ERROR: Error Type: urllib2.HTTPError
20:57:11 T:2464 M:2480693248   ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
20:57:11 T:2464 M:2480074752   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Media Server\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\sendUDP.py", line 25, in ?
                                                usock = urllib2.urlopen(url)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 130, in urlopen
                                                return _opener.open(url, data)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 364, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 471, in http_response
                                                response = self.parent.error(
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 402, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 337, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\urllib2.py", line 480, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
20:57:12 T:3688 M:2474078208  NOTICE: [MAV]: MAV Streamer Started and Running...
20:57:12 T:3688 M:2474098688  NOTICE: [MAV]: MAV UDP Receiver Started and Running in background...

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it working? It seems like such a cool project, and I have computers scattered throughout my house, so I really want to wow somebody. ;)

Pic 1: Network setup
Pic 2: Add-on settings part 1
Pic 3: Add-on settings part 2
will1990 Wrote:Hey,

Loving the potential for this script however im having a few issues I hope someone smarter than me can help me with!

Here is where i'm at.

My server(master) is 64bit windows 7. I have confirmed that my powershell is 2.0 by using get-host.

I have set both the standard powershell and the x86 version to use unrestriced policy.

I can see the two vlc processes running.

I can add the master server automatically on the client.

I launch a song from the master and I can see the song name open in the client xbmc....

BUT.....I get no sound output on the client. I have read the entire thread and I think a few people may be having this problem. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

If you can offer some advice towards solving this problem, i'm sure I wont be the only one who's grateful!

Warm regards,

Will

I am having this same exact issue, I did notice that the first time it tries to play a song it pops an error message saying "unable to play file check the log" where is the log file? any help would be appreciated thanks!
same issue as above. spent the night getting everything working without errors and now it LOOKS like it's working, I get the name of the song playing and all that but no audio. I never saw an error message saying to check the log, however. what have I done wrong?
Any chance this could be made to work without Pulseaudio? Whenever Pulse is on my system I cannot passthru AC3 or DTS audio. :-( Can the sound sink be done with ALSA?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
kevron Wrote:Installed this, Audio worked great. Tried to do video, wouldn't work. Turned off the stream, and the master still wouldn't play video. Uninstalled completely removed, video would pop up in VLC and play that way, completely choppy and digital. No sound. Uninstalled VLC. Reinstalled VLC now I have video in XBMC but no audio. I have audio when going through the menu, but no audio whatsoever not even with music now. Uninstalled XBMC completely, reinstalled still having same issue. Tried Movies and music in Mplayer, works fine. Everything was fine until I installed this Addon...

ETA: Ubuntu 10.10

Scarry. I thought about trying this, but, mmm, no.

Anyone still working on this? I'm seeing a lot of questions and no answers in this thread.
Ive read thru this whole thread and was able to setup my windows 7 x64 as a client with no errors on startup. But my mac mini wont start Mav. I have the path setup for VLC. When I autoscan for AV sources on my client nothing shows up. So I manually entered in the info. However XBMC on the mac mini won't start MAV and when I click Start Streamer nothing happens. Does this not work with OSX?

Thanks
I tried to set this up to stream from windows to linux, it didn't work cos my linux box lacked enough ram but now my windows machine is refusing to play any video and keep telling me it has launched an external player... all movies are showing as 0:01 seconds long also. Very odd. Music seems fine!

any ideas?

-edit-
Looks like the plugin doesn't properly uninstall itself and keep MR-video as the default player even when not enabled or uninstalled, hence breaking video playback, reverted to regular player and it's working.
I really like the sound of this plugin so tried to give it a go last night.

Installing the plugin on my linux box was straightforward enough however I am confused by the operation of this.

I don't want the plugin to start automatically when I launch XBMC as I see this as being an option that I may wish to use from time to time. However, even if I selected the option for it not to start automatically, when I restarted XBMC I got a message that MAV was running. Did I do something wrong.

The other thing that annoyed me was that, after I'd selected "Stop streamer" everytime I played a song and then hit Stop, I'd get a MAV pop-up (with a loud beep) saying that the stream had stopped.

This level of notification (when I didn't even want it running at that point) is going to be a deal breaker for me at this stage so I haven't even tested with the client (on my Win 7 laptop)

I'd just want an option to queue up a playlist and select "Play with..." and select the MAV option. Other than that, I don't want it doing anything, visibly or audibly.

The last issue that I experienced was the hanging when trying to exit XBMC. I've read the comments about an controlled shutdown, but after a few minutes and no change it just doesn't seem quite right.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of this plugin and I will be following its development closely, I just wanted to feed back my personal experiences and views.

Keep up the good work.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of this plugin and I will be following its development closely, I just wanted to feed back my personal experiences and views.

I hope they are able to get some of that figured out because I really like the concept as well, but it just caused many more problems than it helped.
-Greg
I installed and removed this plug in and the MAV Audio sink remains on Linux Mint 10 (Ubuntu 10.10), as a sound device causing problems when my USB sound card wakes up. (MAV is selected by default after wake up)

How can I completely remove this?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)1