• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
Rrrr Wrote:Summary:

Uninstalling MultiroomAudio
====================

The "uninstall feature" does not remove everything yet, so the following steps help to clean up completely:

Uninstall MultiroomAudio via the addons section, close XBMC

Browse to the ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data directory and remove plugin.program.multiroomaudio

Browse to ~/.xbmc/addons/packages and remove plugin.program.multiroomaudio...zip

Browse to ~/.xbmc/addons and remove directory plugin.program.multiroomaudio

Browse to ~/.xbmc/userdata and remove playercorefactory.xml and autoexec.py

Smile

At least under W7, you have two folders where to look.

First under :

c:/Programs (x86)/XBMC

and

c:/USER/username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC
Thumbs Up 
All, since some of you are having an issue(s) on the setup..Sad

I have put together specific step by step documentation that outlines the steps to a successful implementation and some answers to underlying questions to ultimately clear up any confusion.Eek

For windows:

http://xbmc-multiroom-audio-plugin.googl...v1.1.1.pdf
Enjoy OpenSource! :nod:
MY SETUP: XBMC 12 Frodo RC3, Multiple Asus EB1501's throughout the Home for XBMC based STB's
stefan1983 Wrote:Understood, thanks!

Can this be implemented into the uninstall behaviour?

That would be nice, because I thought I killed my whole XBMC Setup :=)

And it would also be great to reset the Defaults for Audio & Video (DVDplayer and PAPlayer) if possible. Otherwise the XBMC Setup is a little messed up Smile

I am going to give this a new try.

I think, this might go easier with linux though...... Wink

I just posted step-by-step documentation. FYI... I completely blew away (as it reinstalled the OS and everything) my setup (3) separate times on two totally separate windows machines (one xp and one win7) to write this to make absolutely sure that it works so give it a try and let me know. Nod
MY SETUP: XBMC 12 Frodo RC3, Multiple Asus EB1501's throughout the Home for XBMC based STB's
ppic Wrote:hi !

i was wondering ...
why not using just xbmc python and httpapi with centralized source (nas) it will be much easier than streaming and will not require anything other than xbmc itself ?

Syncronization. XBMC always tries to buffer and I wanted this to be a true multiroom app. Want to help? Big Grin I saw that you have script experience so that would be helpful to make this plugin better.
Wow, great work.

Allow me to ask questions abt your new creation (the pdf)

1. You have also marked network setting allow control of XBMC via UPnP, is this necessary?

2. On page 7: are you in fact clicking on start streamer and generate files, before you do a restart? You show the pictures but do not mention this

3. Instead of a restart, your advice used to be to do a Win reboot just once after initial set up. You do not mention this now.

4. On the client side you have set the port to 1133 this needs to be explained. Perhaps you can give a full configuration of the various ports in a situation with 1 global master, 3 masters and 3 clients with the various ports or streaming addresses?

5. The new feature Source Auto Start is not yet in the current version, but it will be a nice one!

6. Page 12: it will be useful if you tell if it is on the client or on the master that you are adding sources. Especially, as I understand that a master can also be a client.

Thanks a lot for this exciting functionality!
I have not even one instance of VLC running upon restarting the master XBMC.

I copied all your settings as per the PDF

I get MAV Service Started and Streamer Started

When I play a song on the master, my xbmc live (client) gives a Now Playing notification, but on my Win XP client where I have just vlc listening, there is nothing.

Powershell is unrestricted.

I am running XBMC Dharma beta 2 on a Win 7 X64 fresh install.

VLC 1.1.4

Do you have a suggestion?
Rrrr Wrote:I am running XBMC Dharma beta 2 on a Win 7 X64 fresh install.

VLC 1.1.4

Do you have a suggestion?

X64... can't say that should be a problem (shouldn't) but any how I don't have x64 version of 7 to test with.

First thing... Live is not supported as of yet as I have not finished some of the testing with live and there are audio issues on the Loopback. Also did you issue script access/run as administrator?

1) Go into the plugin and issue a Stop Multiroom AV

Next..
Can you go to a cmd prompt and in the c:\users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio ..... wow that's a mouthful

there is a file called strtstrmr_win.bat

Can you run that from the cmd prompt and see if it gives any errors... keep in mind to also keep Task Manager up in front of you to see if VLC pops up too..

2) Send me a screen pop of your Addon Settings (All Sections/Pages) for the Master
teshephe Wrote:Syncronization. XBMC always tries to buffer and I wanted this to be a true multiroom app. Want to help? Big Grin I saw that you have script experience so that would be helpful to make this plugin better.

well, thanks for the offer, but for now, i'm busy elsewhere, i'll come back later on multiroom, but that not really what the kind of thing, i want, for myself, i want to be able to grab the current video/music from another room and start from same time for exemple, not streaming to all other station (which can be also possible! i have more test to run for synchronisation , but i'm convinced there's other way without third party apps.
Big Grin 
ppic Wrote:i want to be able to grab the current video/music from another room and start from same time for exemple, not streaming to all other station (which can be also possible! i have more test to run for synchronisation , but i'm convinced there's other way without third party apps.

I read your initial post(s) on the subject and that was one of the factors considered as I embarked on this...

You see, I am a network architect/engineer, designing large scale networks for companies you have probably heard of and use in you everyday life for a living and have been doing that for 25+ years. I deal mainly with realtime apps like voice/voip and iptv.

Quite frankly, you will never be able to succeed in pure synchronization via the method you are testingBig Grin due to mainly 'no clock sync' each pc has their own clock source and thus each instance even if you queue it at the same time will eventually wander, this in the business is what we call 'Jitter'. Not squashing your idea but just offering a little experience on the matter.

As I see it, there are only 3 possible options and they have been discussed here and there at length throughout the forum:

1) Have xbmc add the sync capability and control to their home-grown players (Not going to happen any time soon if at all)

2) Branch XBMC and fully integrate VLC as the main player core. That could take quite a while and would definitely take a LOT of time and effort but is something that I have considered.

3) Do what I embarked on - early stages albeit - an addon.

Would love to have your help... the more the merrier!!Big Grin
ok, i think i can just trust you Wink
my thought is about a centralized way, the synchronized playing is less interesting than ability to move the current playing between station, this kind of thing doesn't require vlc streaming ability, for that part, i will work on it, if we can gather that in the same script, why not give it a go !
ppic Wrote:ok, i think i can just trust you Wink
my thought is about a centralized way, the synchronized playing is less interesting than ability to move the current playing between station, this kind of thing doesn't require vlc streaming ability, for that part, i will work on it, if we can gather that in the same script, why not give it a go !

WinkThat's within the ultimate goal but a central streaming source is definitely required. BTW... can you help me on that other post?...
teshephe Wrote:X64... can't say that should be a problem (shouldn't) but any how I don't have x64 version of 7 to test with.

First thing... Live is not supported as of yet as I have not finished some of the testing with live and there are audio issues on the Loopback. Also did you issue script access/run as administrator?

1) Go into the plugin and issue a Stop Multiroom AV

Next..
Can you go to a cmd prompt and in the c:\users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio ..... wow that's a mouthful

there is a file called strtstrmr_win.bat

Can you run that from the cmd prompt and see if it gives any errors... keep in mind to also keep Task Manager up in front of you to see if VLC pops up too..

2) Send me a screen pop of your Addon Settings (All Sections/Pages) for the Master

I set powershell to unstricted when Run as Administrator and verified it, but perhaps do you mean there is another way to give XBMC also an Administrator privilege? I tried running XBMC with right-click Run as Administrator, but it still does not generate VLC in the task manager

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10387 contains the screenshots of the plugin.

I am logged in as User (with Administrator rights) and here is the output of
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio
strtstrmr_win.ps1 (NB there is no ~.bat!)
http://pastebin.com/dM5kMpSR

NB there are other .bat files in the directory:
WINMAV and WINMAVLB

I also piped their outputs to a txt file.
The output is also here: http://pastebin.com/dM5kMpSR

NB WinMav stops with an error message the process VLC.exe cannot be found just before it closes the CMD screen
After running WinMav I have one instance of VLC running Smile, but streaming does not work
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

teshephe Wrote:WinkThat's within the ultimate goal but a central streaming source is definitely required. BTW... can you help me on that other post?...

yes, i've seen but wasn't enought concentrated to go futher, i'll take a look Wink
Rrrr...

Start powershell and cut and past this to the cmd line and capture exactly what the message you see if any:

[Diagnostics.Process]::Start('C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe'," -I dummy --dummy-quiet dshow:// --dshow-vdev=none --dshow-adev=`"`" --dshow-caching=10 --sout=#transcode{vcodec=none,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:udp{dst=224.1.1.152:1152} --netsync-master --sout-rtp-sap --sout-rtp-name=Office --sout-standard-sap --sout-standard-name=xbmc_Office --sout-standard-group=Multiroom_AV --file-caching=10")
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10387

I added a screenshot of the output to the attachments
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)1