Help - Having a brain fart.
Not sure whether i'm just naturally dim, or this really is difficult to resolve.

I've got an Acer Revo with XBMC Live on it, i recently connected up my external HDD to it instead for content. All works fine and dandy, drive shows up within "Videos".

When i access the XBMC over the network (smb) using my iMac - i'm greeted with the following folders:

Downloads
Music
Pictures
System
TV Shows
Videos

I can't for the life of me find the external drive, so i can move across new content to my external drive hooked upto the XBMC.

Any ideas? Or should i just end it all now Big Grin

Thanks in advance
Guessing that you are using xbmcfreaks live cd:

Downloads
Music
Pictures
System
TV Shows
Videos

Those folders is shared folders from samba and has nothing to do with your external HDD unless you mount it into one of those folders.

The easy way is to plug in your external disk and see that xbmc auto mounts it. After that go to the terminal and write "df". Then you can see which partitions that are mounted were.

You have to find your external harddisk in this list. Look for size and its probably mounted in /media/somethinglong. You need the device name so its called something like /dev/sdXx

When you found that you can mount your external harddisk to for example Videos folder in your home folder.

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /home/xbmc/Videos

Where sdb1 is your external drive.

If it works and you want it to do it automatic then do:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

add this in the end of the file

/dev/sdb1 /home/xbmc/Videos ntfs defaults 0 0

Your external has to be ntfs for that line to work. change it if needed. And fstab can only mount your disk if its plugged in before booting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help - Having a brain fart.0