• 4(current)
Support for streaming from a ReplayTV
Quote:you don't have to patch mplayer.dll as of the current cvs.

at the risk of sounding ignorant ... does this imply your rtv support has been integred into the current xbmc cvs and there is no need to merge your changes ?

i just fetched the latest xbmc (@1/30 06:50 est) and don't see the new files you added to the filesystem directory.

thanks
d
rtvguy - i made those changes, and recompiled. made sure to select "unstack" on the left. still freezes...

i am not sure what is going on, but i want this thing to work. anything i can do to help?

dinzdale - what he meant is that with the new version of mplayer, which is in cvs, you don't have to modify it. just have to add the rtv files and patch the other files.

cp
thanks cyberplague -- i didn't realize mplayer was cvs-ed project in itself!

i haven't looked too closely at the build, but does mplayer get built with xbmc or do i need to checkout the latest cvs for mplayer, build it, and include it in the xbmc w/rtv link (by overwritting the libmplayer.lib with the latest) ?

i'm not clear on how all the components are distributed.

thanks
i believe the mplayer is compiled and included as a .dll file.

so there is nothing you need to do, except when you tranfer your compiled default.xbe, you need to make sure you are transferring all the other files too.

check the "how to compile" thread in this forum for complete instructions.

cp
apparently this is what is confusing me.

Quote:4) mplayer/mplayer.dll
the file libmpdemux/open.c in docs/mplayer_sourcecodepatch.rar must be
modified to add support for the rtv protocol.
specifically, the following line:
if (stricmp(url->protocol, "xmbs") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "xns") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "shout") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "cdda") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "smb") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "iso9660") )
must be changed to:
if (stricmp(url->protocol, "xmbs") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "xns") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "shout") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "cdda") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "smb") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "rtv") &&
stricmp(url->protocol, "iso9660") )

should this step be ignored ?

if not, i am missing something... is the rtv fixed dll included in the current xbmc cvs distribution making the above unecessary ?

do i need to change the open.c fille myself and rebuild the dll ? if so where is this file ... i must have missed searching for files.
you do not need to recompile the mplayer.dll, and those open.c changes are no longer necassary.

so just disregard that part of the instructions.

cp
cyber -

thanks for your help. i too want to see support for rtv very much -- to the point i was going to do it myself, but am glad rtvguy has beat me to the punch!

unfortunately, there's only so much time to devote to non-paying cool projects like this (plus i don't want to piss my wife off anymore than i have!!Wink.

dinz
dinz,

trust me i totally understand the wife thing...hehehe

rtvguy - any clue as to why it still isn't working for us? do you have a copy of the cvs when it is working that you could give us to compile?

thanks,

cp
(cyberplague @ jan. 30 2004,11:38 Wrote:dinz,

trust me i totally understand the wife thing...hehehe

rtvguy - any clue as to why it still isn't working for us?  do you have a copy of the cvs when it is working that you could give us to compile?

thanks,

cp
i can't send a copy of the cvs as it was when i originally made the patch as it is over 100mb zipped. you should be able to get the older versions using sf cvs though. however, as i say, it is working here with all 3 of my 5040s using the latest cvs with the caveats i mentioned.

i'm not sure why it isn't working for you. if it were a guide parsing problem with the 4k guide format, it should still work using "rtv://*/video" as that takes gp out of the loop. are you sure you have all of the correct files for the cvs version installed, including mplayer.dll, language files, etc.? and you are sure you have turned off the stack feature (with stack mode on i can repeat your problem)?

there are just too many variables as is for me to figure this out--whether you integrated the patch the way i did, whether you made the modifications as required by the newer version of the cvs as i did, etc. if the patch were in the cvs, everyone would be on the same playing field. i think it would then be easier to figure out what is going on. until then, all i can say is it does work here. i will continue to try to reproduce the problem (in a way other than the stack/unstack problem); but if i can't reproduce it, i can't fix it.
rtvguy-

i totally understand. when i get home i will get the copy of the nightly tarballs that are now availible. and make the changes and integrate the patch as you have specificed and try compiling again.

if it is working on your end there has to be something that i am doing wrong...hrm.

i will know more this afternoon. thanks again for the reply.

cp
could you just post a zip/rar of the files from the current cvs with the changes in them. maybe i am editing something wrong.

that would basically get us on the same page. yeah i guess your right about the rtv://*/video comment.

cp
well frodo just integrated the patch into the developer cvs, he also has setup a daily tarball that gets updated at midnight.

i grabbed last nights tarball, and have applied the patch to it. i will test it once i get home this afternoon.

cp
cyber-
i'm getting a ton of guiscreensaver errors when linking. i'm able to compile though!

if the patches were integrated into cvs ... what patch are you applying then ?

dinz
if you goto the xbmc front page, it has a link to a daily tarball, i dled that. applied the patch, and compiled. have to wait till i get home to test it.

the tarball is updated at midnight everyday, so the rtv patch was integrated today, and will be in tonights tarball. which i will also test tomorrow morning.

cp
ok, compiled and still freezes on me. select unstack on the left, still freezes. upnp is working as i can see the replaytv, just can't go any further...sigh...

anyway i can debug this to help with finding and fixing this problem?

if so how can i do that?

please let me know,

thanks - cp
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for streaming from a ReplayTV0