• 18(current)
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop
speed32219 Wrote:minimal 10.10. Back a few pages is how to install step by step.

Hmm. Interesting. I will try this later. Thanks.
speed32219 Wrote:
Code:
sudo nano .asoundrc      

pcm.hdmi03 {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 3
}
pcm.!default hdmi03

pcm.dmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 1024
ipc_key_add_uid false
ipc_perm 0660
slave {
pcm "hw:1,0"
rate 48000
channels 2
period_time 0
period_size 1024
buffer_time 0
buffer_size 4096
}
}
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "dmixer"
}
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia
hmm...
tried this one.
if I just use the top section (pcm.hdmi03), I get audio over hdmi, as noted in earlier posts.

If I use the whole file, I can get hdmi by changing xbmc's settings to "HDA NVidia hdmi", but I don't get the nav sounds.
I can't get analog with headphones with any of the Audio output device options, though.

(I'm not able to test optical at the moment, though, as my receiver is in storage for a couple more weeks until we close on the new house.)

thoughts?
-digi
Sad 
speed32219 Wrote:If it is a heat issue, take it apart and add silver heat sink paste and re-assemble or send it back for replacment. Make sure your at A03 bios and set fan to low speed in Bios. You can check your temps using xbmc system info. If your need the userdata string for checking cpu/gpu temps ask here. Make sure you install lm-sensors and then run senors-detect and follow prompts.
interesting...

I've had overheating problems since day 1 with this puppy (well 31, actually). I actually had to send it back to Jetway. The fan failed completely and the cpu would lock up. They replaced the motherboard, and I didn't have any noticeable problems for about 6 months... although, I've always been able to hear the fan from across the room if audio or video isn't playing.

Lately, however, the USB controller has started overheating. It manifests as a "unclean" unmount of my media drive. Usually turing off the machine for a few minutes until it is cool to the touch resolves the problem for a couple days... (probably need to rma it again)

I'm gonna install the lm-sensors and see if it makes a difference. What are your fan settings in the BIOS?

thanks,
digi
speed32219 Wrote:Nope, no need to, everything is perfect. Could cause you some problems, and u do not want that?

I do have a bunch of addons installed, and I upgraded librtmp so now most all streaming is working and not getting incompatible stream errors. This machine ROCKS!

good point... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".... right? Nod
digitalAir Wrote:hmm...
tried this one.
if I just use the top section (pcm.hdmi03), I get audio over hdmi, as noted in earlier posts.

If I use the whole file, I can get hdmi by changing xbmc's settings to "HDA NVidia hdmi", but I don't get the nav sounds.
I can't get analog with headphones with any of the Audio output device options, though.

(I'm not able to test optical at the moment, though, as my receiver is in storage for a couple more weeks until we close on the new house.)

thoughts?
-digi

what is the output of aplay -l?
what version of alsa?
cat /proc/asound/version
speed32219 Wrote:what is the output of aplay -l?
what version of alsa?
cat /proc/asound/version
xbmc:~$ sudo aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: default [USB PnP Sound Device ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
xbmc:~$ sudo cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
digitalAir Wrote:interesting...
I'm gonna install the lm-sensors and see if it makes a difference. What are your fan settings in the BIOS?
installed lm-sensors.
it appears to have quieted down the fans a bit, but I'm not getting any fan readings on the info screen, though. So, I'll just have to wait and see if I have any heat problems over the weekend.

now, if there were only some kind of software that I could install to keep the 18month-old from pushing the buttons. Laugh

-digi
digitalAir Wrote:installed lm-sensors.
it appears to have quieted down the fans a bit, but I'm not getting any fan readings on the info screen, though. So, I'll just have to wait and see if I have any heat problems over the weekend.

now, if there were only some kind of software that I could install to keep the 18month-old from pushing the buttons. Laugh

-digi

Add the following to your advancedsettings.xml in .xbmc/userdata folder.

#Strings for CPU/GPU temps when using xbmc system info
<gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp)C"</gputempcommand>
<cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u | grep "temp1_input"| awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d C \n",$1 + 0.5);}')"</cputempcommand>

Once I fire up my unit I will check the .asoundrc file. What is there should be right, but I may have made changes. I know to get analog I need to select analog in video settings and I think USB PnP Sound iec958. I will double check later and post, tied up right now.
Hi,
I am stuck on this step

sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-2.6.35-22-generic alsa-utils ##Here comes your sound

I get an error that says couldnt find package linux-backports-modules-alsa-2.6.35-22-generic

Has anyone run into this before?

I have a Jetway and i have xmcfreak live running off of a usb.

Thanks

speed32219 Wrote:Update:

It is causing me some problems, alsa-utils just drops out when setting up (I think upower and or policykit-1) and requires a fresh install.

Hardware:
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2 ###GEforce 218
Intel Atom 525 dual core 1.8Ghz (June 2010 release)
1 GB Notebook (200 pin) PC-6400 Rendition RAM (Cruical)
WD Scorpio Blue 250GB 2.5" drive
1 USB 4GB Patriot disk as backup (Clonezilla)
SW
10.10 Mav.
1.0.23 alsa with current patches
260.19.12 Nvidia

The minute I installed upower and policykit-1, I lose alsa-utils functions and installed drivers it seems. (Alsamixer, aplay, etc.)

Here are some snapshots of my current situation after installing the pkgs. above.
$ aplay -l
aplay: device_list:235: no soundcards found...

$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.

UPDATE: Fixed it, it was in the wiki hiding in the nvidia 2XX section. It seems that the ION2 is a GEforce 218 card, kinda good to know. I was installing alsa from the maverick backports and not removing them when finished. Found that tip on the Nvidia Geforce 2xx wiki.

Maverick minimal cd with only ssh server app enabled during install.

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install xbmc xinit x11-xserver-utils

sudo apt-get install nvidia-173-kernel-source nvidia-glx-173 nvidia-settings mesa-utils libvdpau-dev

sudo apt-get install binutils gcc

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf  (CTRL O & ENter to write, CTRL X to exit)
blacklist vga16fb
blacklist nouveau
blacklist rivafb
blacklist nvidiafb
blacklist rivatv

#Make sure you left the space above before you write it out
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.12.run    ###DOwnlaod this from NVIDIA Site, then

sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.12.run        ##Follow prompts during instll with yes & OK

sudo modprobe nvidia

sudo nvidia-xconfig -s --no-logo --force-generate --output-xconfig=/etc/X11/xorg.conf

sudo reboot

sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-2.6.35-22-generic alsa-utils  ##Here comes your sound

sudo alsamixer     #### pres M on each of the four selections to UNMUTE,  Excape to Exit

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf    ###Add
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xfff2    ###ION2 only, others may need to change probe mask to probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

sudo alsactl store 0

sudo apt-get remove linux-backports-modules-alsa-`uname -r`   ### This was my problem, found it on the GEFORCE 2XX page.

aplay -l   ####sample out below

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 0/1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]   ######This was my hdmi out#####
card 1: default [USB PnP Sound Device          ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

sudo nano .asoundrc      #####Now to add your hdmi device  ### CTRL + O + Enter to write, CTRL X to exit

###Card 0 devcie 7 ###2nd line from top
pcm.hdmi07 {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 7
}
pcm.!default hdmi07

###CTL + O + ENter to write, and CTRL + X to exit

### How did I know, well you could try each one of the above card/device combos or follow this to get the eld info.

cd /proc/asound/card0  ##or card1, you are looking for the one that has eld# in the directory

cat eld#0.0

cat eld#1.0  ###When I looked in this file it was the only one with data, look at bottom fo this for card/device info

###example
monitor_present         1
eld_valid               1
monitor_name            ASUS VH236H

connection_type         HDMI   #########
eld_version             [0x2] CEA-861D or below
edid_version            [0x3] CEA-861-B, C or D
manufacture_id          0x6904
product_id              0x23f2
port_id                 0x20000
support_hdcp            0
support_ai              0
audio_sync_delay        0
speakers                [0x1] FL/FR  #######
sad_count               1
sad0_coding_type        [0x1] LPCM   #######
sad0_channels           2
sad0_rates              [0xe0] 44100 48000 88200  #####What happened to 92000?
sad0_bits               [0x20000] 16  #######

cat eld#2.0

cat eld#3.0

Note: eld#0.0 corresonds to device 0,3, #1.0 to device 0,7 #2.0 to device 0,8 and #3.0 to device 0,9

##Below is for connecting hdmi cable to tv that does not support DD or DTS, if it does you can leave everthing to hdmi.
Set AUdio output to Analog in movie audio settings (WHEn watching movie)
Set Audio in system settings to Analog,  aduio output to hdmi and passthrough to HDMI.

Enjoy your HDMI sound.

Thanks to the wiki's and individuals from linux org, ubuntu forums and right here in da house.
I'm having trouble getting HDMI audio working with the navigation sounds and sometimes mp3 get failed to initialize, but works great for everything else. I have the following:

aplay -l
*** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 1: default [USB Pnp Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB AUdio]
Subjdevice #0: subdevice #0

.asoundrc in user directory:
pcm.hdmi03 {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}
pcm.!default hdmi03

Then in XBMC Audio settings
custom: plughw:0,3
for both passthrough and output
thevillain9 Wrote:I'm having trouble getting HDMI audio working with the navigation sounds and sometimes mp3 get failed to initialize, but works great for everything else. I have the following:

aplay -l
*** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 1: default [USB Pnp Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB AUdio]
Subjdevice #0: subdevice #0

.asoundrc in user directory:
pcm.hdmi03 {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}
pcm.!default hdmi03

Then in XBMC Audio settings
custom: plughw:0,3
for both passthrough and output

Personnally it looks like what you got should work,
Everything worked better for me wwhen I switched over to Eden (This is on Openlec not ubuntu). My asound.conf looks like
Code:
defaults.ctl.card 0
defaults.pcm.card 0
defaults.pcm.device 7

You might want to try out Eden, it's coming along quick and has better sound support for passthrough devices. Keep in mind though I sold my Minitop and this is on an AT5IONT motherboard (also ion2 though).
A few questions about the fan in this mini-top: I have had this machine since shortly after it appeared on Newegg. I like it very much, with the exception of the god-awful fan. Although I have never had any problems with overheating, the fan turns off and on CONTINUOUSLY. When watching movies, it is no big deal. In all other situations, it is extremely annoying. Even if the machine is doing absolutely nothing, the fan revs up, runs for a minute or so, calms down, then does it all over again.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

I wish it were possible to adjust the setting upwards for when the fan runs at low speed. The default is 50°C. I do have lm-sensors installed, which shows the CPU temp as always hovering between 49° and 53°. If I could just adjust that setting to 55° or so, maybe the fan would not run nearly as much?

What happens if the smart fan control in the BIOS just gets shut off? Will the OS be able to control the fans itself? [OK, no. I just tried that, which caused the fan to just run all the time.]

(I am running Kubuntu 11.04, and just finished upgrading the BIOS to A03 less than an hour ago.)

I have also wondered about removing the HD, and running from an eSATA enclosure. I dunno.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
i bought a ASRock ION 3D, very similar hardware D525 and ion2 and i love it, xbmc and mythtv-backend is running very well.

i went with the asrock as it allows you to open the case and upgrade the drives, i changed the 320GB drive for a 1TB hdd.
hated the supplied remote control so reused my streamzap.

didn't have to mess around with conf files getting sound working in pulseaudio just adjusted the settings in pulseaudio volume control.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Has anyone got the remote to work with Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit on the Jetway minitop HBJC600C99-352W-BW ?

I copied the remote.xml for keymap from the xbmc wiki. Most of the keys work. up,down,left,right, and OK do not work however. Been searching around and playing with it, but no luck. Still not working. hid_mapper utility no longer works in 11.04 either.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hate to bump an old thread, I have this box, upgraded to 12.10 and am having the following problem.

I've been struggling with the how it comes out of sleep. First off, the unit has a proprietary IR receiver and remote which I am not using except for the poweroff / standby signal. In short, I programmed my harmony remote to issue this command to wake it up cause it is not capable of waking with the HP mceusb receiver that I also have plugged to it.

Programmed suspend (5 min timer) works fine, it used to be (before upgrading to xbmcbuntu from xbmc live) that a single poweroff / standby signal would wake it up but now it automatically forces xbunbuntu to shut off.

It is to be noted that the way it used to work was that a single poweroff / standby signal would wake it and a second poweroff / standby signal would shut it down. That behavior I liked.

I hope this makes some sense.

At about 15:37:08 I attempted to wake it up (towards the end of log) and it shut down.

Perhaps someone has some insight, thanks. More details here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1225340

xbmc.old.log
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop2