• 15(current)
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop
I prefer to keep mine in the original format.. no converting to mkv for me..
if anyone ever comes up with the ability to do menus i'll be set, plus that will include the extras...

makemkv can play m2ts streams, and iso's but they take minuets to load, also with the makemkv add-on your media isn't in the library, but this way it is, and with the built in support libbluray its like 3 seconds to start playing the movie..

Also in vs attached makes a huge speed difference. Anydvd goes straight to iso, in about an hour or hour and half depending on the size... i think dvdfab can do it also, but I'm not up on that...

For me the change is definitely worth it.
fnc1 Wrote:I prefer to keep mine in the original format.. no converting to mkv for me..
if anyone ever comes up with the ability to do menus i'll be set, plus that will include the extras...

makemkv can play m2ts streams, and iso's but they take minuets to load, also with the makemkv add-on your media isn't in the library, but this way it is, and with the built in support libbluray its like 3 seconds to start playing the movie..

Also in vs attached makes a huge speed difference. Anydvd goes straight to iso, in about an hour or hour and half depending on the size... i think dvdfab can do it also, but I'm not up on that...

For me the change is definitely worth it.

"I prefer to keep mine in the original format"

What original format? m2ts or iso? converting to MKV has no loss in video or audio quality.

"makemkv can play m2ts streams, and iso's but they take minuets to load"

Load from the bd drive, yes, but not from the rip on the HD. And when mine starts from the BD drive or ripped movie it starts from the movie, not 15-20 minutes later after all the previews and stuff.

"also with the makemkv add-on your media isn't in the library, but this way it is, and with the built in support libbluray its like 3 seconds to start playing the movie.."

All my ripped BD's in mkv containers are in my library (Just like my SD's in ISO with all thumbnails, etc.) and start immediately upon clicking on the movie, or a few seconds if going across the backbone. I guess I just do not comprehend this new feature. I think maybe it was added for ppl with Anydvd, maybe anydvd can rip to iso faster than any other format.

Using Makemkv I can Rip BD in 35-70 min depending on size. (Avatar 38-40GB 70 min on the Jetway with 1 GB ddr800).

FYI: mkv is the standard container for HD video and audio, espcially if you look ahead to doing more with you data.

Maybe you are not using Makemkv properly, or I just do not get it.

MKV can stream
MKV can contain video in different formats: H264, MP4, etc
MKV can contain several audios in addition to different types: AC3, MP4, MP3, OGG, etc
MKV can contain several subtitles in different formats: SRT, ASS. IDX/SUB, etc.
MKV supports chapters
++++++++
Hi,

I am also trying to get context menu working with the remote control but on Win7. I'm trying to remap some of the useless buttons, but so far can't figure out how. Any advice? Thank you!

Grez Wrote:Thanks to josh4trunks for his guide to getting this thing set up, it was really helpful. Everything seems to be working great now, the only thing I'm missing is a remote key to get the context menu up. I'm using the built in IR with a Harmony remote learning the buttons from the bundled remote. Anyone know how to map one of the bundled remote buttons to the context menu function?

Edit: All my problems are solved thanks to Coldsource's Hid_mapper driver in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post710064
Just wondering if there was a way to get analog audio out via the headphone (spdif) jack? I would like to connect this box to a CRT tv with standard rca audio in. Any advice?

Quote:aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: default [USB PnP Sound Device ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I don't see an output for analog audio.
i think spdif is by design digital, you would need some sort of small external converter box, maybe something on monoprice?
fnc1 Wrote:i think spdif is by design digital, you would need some sort of small external converter box, maybe something on monoprice?

Right, got that. But what I dont understand the jack doubles as a headphone output as well - headphones are not digital?

Another solution would be to get something like this, that instead takes the sound from the hdmi port and outputs analog audio via 1/8 inch jack - not sure it would work though.
Hey random question if any of you are still following this thread....

Is anyone here using the optical out for audio? If so how did you configure the system and XBMC? After setting it up for HDMI audio out I can't figure out how to switch to optical now that I've gotten speakers to use with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Smile
Check out my new NAS/media server build here, my old media server here or my Atom/Ion 2 based XBMC HTPC here

http://www.somethingtangential.com
I have a Jetway Nettop that I am currently booting from a 4GB USB thumb drive. It has 2 GB of RAM and no swap. I plan to eventually install a SATA to SDHC adaptor inside and boot from an SDHC card.

I was reading the thread here about optimizing the system to run from a SSD:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=691...tcount=149

Does any of this SSD optimization apply to a system that is running from a thumb drive, or SDHC card?
i think the thumb drive and sdhc are different so i dont think it would apply... but i can tell you some people use the 8gb sata ssd drives.. and they can be had pretty cheap...

...the only reason i put some swap on was mine.. was in case i decided to play with sleep/hibernating...
Thanks for the input. The cheapest 8 GB SSD I have seen is $40. I paid $7 for the 8 GB thumb drive I am useing. Do you know someplace they are cheaper? I can't image one would be worth a $33 difference.
joelones Wrote:Just wondering if there was a way to get analog audio out via the headphone (spdif) jack? I would like to connect this box to a CRT tv with standard rca audio in. Any advice?

I don't see an output for analog audio.

You can, I get analogue, optical and hdmi. You need to configure a good working .asoundrc file. If you want I will post mine.

Your aplay -l
card 1: default [USB PnP Sound Device ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
card 1 device 0 is the key to what you want.

Set autido to ANalog and the next passthrough or next one you can change to USB PNP IEC958.

The Optical port and Analogue port are the same (Combo), just like the Esata is also another usb. They have dual functionality, pretty kool stuff.

Davemex: same thing, a good .asoundrc as well as settings within XBMC audio. USB PNP IEC958 on both (Or the NVidia one from bottom of the above .asoundrc) and otpical on Audio. I think, its been a while.
godfreydanials Wrote:Thanks for the input. The cheapest 8 GB SSD I have seen is $40. I paid $7 for the 8 GB thumb drive I am useing. Do you know someplace they are cheaper? I can't image one would be worth a $33 difference.

Your 8GB thumb has about a 15-20 MB read vs 75-90 MB with the SSD. Much faster boot as well as normal operation. Sometimes you may notice a jerkiness through the XBMC screens with your remote, that is your usb slow flash. I have CF cards. Flash (Found Patriot Xporter XT to be good for a usb flash but still slow) and HD's. Due to costs, I have been using HD's, got a 320GB free the other day from Newegg on a promo. They are quick, quiet, green (3W MAx)and proven plus cheaper with greater density. My notebook drive is 8 years old and still runs great. MHO. WHen prices get much, much, much more reasonable I will get a 8GB mini PCIe and put it in the wifi slot as my boot drive.
Code:
sudo nano .asoundrc      

pcm.hdmi03 {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 3
}
pcm.!default hdmi03

pcm.dmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 1024
ipc_key_add_uid false
ipc_perm 0660
slave {
pcm "hw:1,0"
rate 48000
channels 2
period_time 0
period_size 1024
buffer_time 0
buffer_size 4096
}
}
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "dmixer"
}
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia

CTRL + O + Enter to write, CTRL X to exit
speed32219 Wrote:Your 8GB thumb has about a 15-20 MB read vs 75-90 MB with the SSD. Much faster boot as well as normal operation. Sometimes you may notice a jerkiness through the XBMC screens with your remote, that is your usb slow flash. I have CF cards. Flash (Found Patriot Xporter XT to be good for a usb flash but still slow) and HD's. Due to costs, I have been using HD's, got a 320GB free the other day from Newegg on a promo. They are quick, quiet, green (3W MAx)and proven plus cheaper with greater density. My notebook drive is 8 years old and still runs great. MHO. WHen prices get much, much, much more reasonable I will get a 8GB mini PCIe and put it in the wifi slot as my boot drive.

You are right about the boot time; It is slow... However, once xbmc-live is running, all is well. I see no delay changing between screens, unless I open an nfs share to a NAS drive where the disk has powered down. Then it takes a few seconds for the NAS and automounter to do their thing.

speed32219 or josh4trunks,
I am having difficulty getting this Jetway to work with my wireless WPA-PSK network. Did you have to install any additional packages to get yours going?
Can you share what you did?
godfreydanials Wrote:You are right about the boot time; It is slow... However, once xbmc-live is running, all is well. I see no delay changing between screens, unless I open an nfs share to a NAS drive where the disk has powered down. Then it takes a few seconds for the NAS and automounter to do their thing.

speed32219 or josh4trunks,
I am having difficulty getting this Jetway to work with my wireless WPA-PSK network. Did you have to install any additional packages to get yours going?
Can you share what you did?

Search this thread for a post by me.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78722&page=10
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop2