Subtitles and Topfield .rec files
Hello

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes. I have a Topfield 5810 PVR. As it is getting full, I've moved a lot of .rec files, which play on the 5810 fine without subtitles, to a ReadyNAS which then streams them to the screen via an Apple TV running XBMC. When XBMC plays the .rec files, they appear with subtitles. When I view them on my Mac, e.g. with VLC, the subtitles don't appear. I cannot see an XBMC option which would get rid of the titles.

The files were manually transferred over USB to a laptop using MacTF, and then put on the server via the network.

I would be very grateful for any ideas how to fix this. I am aware that it is possible to get round it by re-encoding them as e.g. .mpg but I wondered if there is some setting somewhere to fix it.
You need to change the settings for the video. I can 't quite remember how to do it with the remote but basically xbmc is using the wrong track from the rec file. This page might help:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Videos

I think if you can get the cross thing to display from there you can change the OSD video settings.

hope this make sense?
That's the hint I was looking for. Thanks a lot. As you say, the subtitle option I need is only accessible via the remote menu when a video is playing.

I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles and Topfield .rec files0