Problems with Extra Thumbs
I am having issues with XBMC updating the new extra thumbs that I'm changing to new pictures.

XBMC had no problem finding my extra thumbs, I use Aeon and it shows 4 extra thumbs at once on my view for movies. Using media ember it had in some cases used the same image twice or used the same fanart as the main background one.

This bothered me so I went ahead and found different pictures for the ones I wanted to change and replaced them. Lo and behold xbmc does not want to update these no matter what I do.

I have done the following attempts at fixing (and prob others I forgot):
1.Remove the source folder of my movies, clean library, and then reload my movie folder.
2. Going to "refresh" in each of those movies' info area.
3. Choosing update library.
4. Rescanning the source.
5. Going into my userdata folder and deleting my video.db file in the database area, deleting the videos folder in thumbnails.

I found deleting the thumbnails did remove the pictures I did not want but also a bunch of other random stuff so I made sure to go through each folder 1,2,3...a,b,c..etc and deleted the few thumbnails that annoyed me.

Which brings me to my current situation, those thumbnails are no longer showing BUT now xbmc will not load in my new ones. Before it had no problem adding in new ones to the movies that did not have all 4 thumbs.

Help me please this is making me crazy, and sadly making me drop xbmc altogether soon and going back to Boxee. Only problem is Boxee glitches all the time and is not as customizable Sad
I hate to tell you but you have kind of been wasting your time extrathumbs are not cached nor are they in the db they are pulled from the directory on the fly so updating library in any way isn't going to help, the good news is it should be easy to solve as there's not really many mistakes you can make to stop it from working

Movie Name/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg etc

The extrathumbs folder and thumb file names must be exactly that and they must be jpg format

PS: you would have been better off posting in the Aeon forum Smile
yea that is not true, i can send you a screenshot of both my images in the proper folder and xbmc showing no thumbs.

Thanks though, I wasn't sure where to post it I'll move it over to aeon page.
Just because your still not seeing thumbs doesn't mean what I said is not true

I can show you the code in the skin if you like that is used to pull the extrathumbs that's why you must use jpg images because that's all that's in the skin

extrathumbs are not a feature built into xbmc its in the skin code
It's just the way XBMC now caches images outside the media folder:

Quote:If using a merge version XBMC is now caching all images which makes it hard to change a logo. If you delete userdata/Database/textures.db that will cause XBMC to re-cache all images. Just one of those things we got to do for things that are 'cutting edge'

While I was referencing logos the same applies for extrathumbs or any non-media folder image

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I had someone with a similar problem with Revisited and the landscape.jpg images.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Extra Thumbs0