• 7(current)
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote
(2013-05-08, 19:05)vincom Wrote: can some one point me to an updated setup guide for android remote and xmbc configuration for version 12.1
q. do I need to use webserver as I get the error "failed to start"

edit: k I just realized remote works and I don't need webserver running

Is you remote working? Could you please explain me the details step by step?
I've been trying since days and everytime i'm getting the same error message. "Make sure xbmc web server is enabled and xbmc is running". But, I did enabled and I'm running xbmc. Not sure why it is giving this message.

My phone is running on Jelly bean and xbmc remote version is 1.0.9 and my pc running on Frodo.

Please help me outSad
What software are you running on your pc? Windows? Try disabling the Windows firewall on your pc. That caused me some trouble.
(2013-05-15, 20:01)DarkHelmet Wrote: What software are you running on your pc? Windows? Try disabling the Windows firewall on your pc. That caused me some trouble.

thanks for the quick reply.
Its Windows 8 Pro. Any issues with my OS?
Ill disable the firewall after going home and ill update here as well.
Not sure. I'm using Windows 7 and had some trouble with the Windows firewall. Worth a try anyway.
@ DarkHelmet

Thanks a ton..It is working now Blush
But, is there any alternative for this? I mean turning off firewall is not recommended right?
I don't know. Since I do not use my pc for anything else besides xbmc I figured that turning off the Windows firewall would be something I could live with. If you can't I'd fiddle around in the firewall settings until some setting works Wink

Personally I bought a cheap ipod touch (3rd generation) and installed the official remote for ios. Best remote I know. Unfortunately the android version is in the middle of a redesign so the current version is quite outdated featurewise.
Finally got this thing installed because I got sick of connecting a mouse every time i wanted to get at the context menu. Then I find that there's no button for the context menu in the remote. Argh!! Any way to add that as a new button or change one of the existing buttons or anything?
Hello

Im using nexus4 android 4.2.2
XMBC remote app v1.0.9 revision 1009

I conncet to my computer Can select folders files to play through movies
can access now playing and see the file name
but remote no button is working What can be the problem ?

Through my mini ipad everything is working perfect Plaese help

thanks
Why the hell does it have to be so complicated? a simple pairing function ala iTunes or vlc remote would do nice... Smile
I can't get the XBMC remote app to work via BlueStacks Android emulator.

My iPhone XBMC remote iOS app works great though.

Why doesn't the android app have the auto find thing like iOS has?
I am getting a socket time out response from my setup of the android app . can any one help
I am using xbmc remote on Cyanogen 10.1 on my S2-GT-i9100.
I have no problem connecting to the pi or using the remote functions for the first couple of minutes.
Then, randomly, the xmbc on the telly starts to shake left to right, as if someone was pressing the right left keys on the remote really fast.
I then exit the app on phone, kill all tasks using task killer and then start the app again. It works again for a short period of time, then same again.
The strange thing is that my other computer can connect via web interface to xbmc and control it. But I can't make my 2 android phones to connect to xbmc. I can't even get ping to the computer with xbmc. I can't even ping my computer.
I know this is an old thread, but I need help. I am REALLY struggling with this app. I'm running XBMC with Box skin on Windows7 (Firewall off) and the android app on a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4

I have tried this with the port set on xbmc to both 80 and 8080, but I get the same error no matter which I use.

I have tried the port forwarding thing from the initial post even though you guys seem to think I shouldn;t need to and this lets me use the remote, but nothing else works.

I'm at a complete loss. Can anyone help me?
What the "access point" field is meant to ?? Router address ?
And as somebody already pointed out, WHY is this official software so damned NOT ergonomic ?

Since xbmc is configured to be accessible via network, WHY do I have to enter so many information (settings that obviously don't work (and that is not just for me)) ?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote2