[LIVE] Require Linux Help
Been researching / googling all arvo about how to setup things using LIVE under Linux.

I found out I can log in using putty (Shock when I saw there was no SSH in the putty version I was using - only to discover it was puttytelnet Oo).

How do I access the command line once XBMC has loaded? (I've tried crtl+Alt+F1 and F1-6) without success. All I get is a blank screen). I've also exited out of XBMC - also to a blank screen).

Can I access the Linux O/S folders via "Network Places" in XP? (I notice there are some folders there from XBMCLive, but none of the OS files - so obviously this is something different)

I read a post about using FileZilla to ftp to the Linux Box. How is this done?

Thx very muchly Smile

Using xbmcfreak-10.08-svn32696-lucid1.iso found here www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/category/linux/
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Have a hunt around for the ssh client for windows (free for non-commerical use) that includes a (GUI) sftp browser. Can't remember the name of it off-hand.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

KidKiwi Wrote:I read a post about using FileZilla to ftp to the Linux Box. How is this done?

just like connecting to a regular ftp server, simply use port 22 (sftp) instead of 21 (ftp)
Thx for the pointers. I found one called WinSCP - seems to do a nice job and the interface is better than filezilla. It was the port I had wrong, so now I have ftp access. Thx again
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Just use putty
http://rapidshare.com/files/414159332/putty.exe
you can do more with it
Press THANK USER if I Help
shareing linux system files would be very bad security wise, I suggest just using one of the folders to drop copies of the config files your working with, change/save them, and copy them to the destined location from there.

I use Putty and it uses ssh, are you using the right file? putty has more than 1 program available when you download it.

I typically use 2 ssh windows with one running mc and the other with a either nano or just showing info so i can easily copy info back and forth.

mc has a 2-pane display that you can either use "tab" to switch to/from or the mouse works a bit through putty.
Windows 7 - XBMC live Dualboot
Acer Aspire REVO R1600 - PS3 Remote
Nvidia ION LE 230
3GB Ram
I'm guessing you mean Midnight Commander when you say mc? Not sure what nano is?

I mentioned WinSCP because it was mentioned in some other info I found while researching the linux set-up. It seems to be a nice piece of S/ware and can sftp into the linux box and also login via SSH if required (using putty).
Nano is an editor. As for SSH, you can use SFTP. Every OpenSSH server supports SFTP (not every SSH server does, e.g. dropbear by itself does not).

Just use FileZilla like you would do with a regular FTP server, but pick SFTP instead. It should be pretty simple from there.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Require Linux Help0