CrystalHD 70015 on M912M Netbook
Hi all,

I'm newbie to XBMC so bear with my ignorance Smile I'm trying to get Broadcom BCM970015 working for playing back H.264 encoded HD video files on my netbook (M912M). So far I got no luck even with latest SVN r32894. I have searched throughout the forum for hours and couldn't find similar report or solution. So please see below for detailed description and guide me in how to this issue. Much appreciated.

Tommy

1. "Latest" is NOT a revision, of ANYTHING! (See below)

I got it Smile

2. Windows Version + patch level

Windows 7 with all important updates

3. CPU/Architecture (make/model and eg. 32 or 64 bit.)

Atom N270 1.6Ghz, 32bit

4. RAM amount (1 GB, 512MB etc.)

2GB DDR2

5. Video Card and Driver version (Intel/Nvidia/etc. version 15.7.8)

1. Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset with OS installed driver version 8.15.10.1930
2. CrystalHD model BCM970015 with driver version 3.7.20.0 installed from Broadcom crystalhd_3.5.0

6. Sound Card and Driver version (Sound Blaster/Intel/etc. version 7.8)

Builtin sound card with OS installed driver version 6.1.7600.16385

7. Other devices related to issue (tv, receiver, remote, etc - make/model)

None

8. XBMC Revision (eg. 8.10 Atlantis or SVN 16733)

xbmc-r32894-Dharma

9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)

Launch XBMC, go to System -> Video -> Playback, check or make sure the radio box next to "Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD)" is checked. Back to main menu, from there go to Video -> <folder> and select the following file to play. I can see XBMC is loading the file and playing it but there is no actual picture and the screen is never refreshed; the sound can be heard for the first 10 seconds or so until I heard the repetition of the same tone similar to a CD player trying to get past a bad section on a badly scratched CD and after a few sounds of doing even the sound is stopped.

I can go back to the main screen but exiting from there fails and it has to been killed using Windows 7 Task Manager.

I tried some other H.264 based files and they all have the same issue with being played back properly.

For comparison, when "Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD)" is unchecked, the picture and sound both worked but due to slowness of my system (Atom N270 Netbook), they are not smooth enough to be acceptable.

I tried the same test on the same system but with XP SP3 installed but got the exact the same behavior.

I can also verify that CrystalHD itself seems a good one since I can use TotalMedia 2 OEM downloaded from HP to playback the same files without any issue.

10. FULL Debug Log

http://cid-563b04694319c23f.office.live....c/xbmc.log

11. MediaInfo output

http://cid-563b04694319c23f.office.live....iainfo.txt

12. The video file I tried failing

http://www.adrive.com/public/8847e548116...7b0d9.html
Up
i just received my 70015 and i'm experiencing similar problems with my HD-playback...
i'll be back to post my log and such later.
i sure hope there is a solution to our problem!
Hi,

With hindsight, have you checked with the XBMC 70015 compatibility list before using it on your netbook?

Is such compatiblity list available and can it accruately predict whether a particular netbook will work with the CrystalHD 70015 ? How about "other netbook" not named that "may" work with the card?

I am going to try my SL NB-1000 with the Crystal HD 70015. Any information about its compatibility ?

Regards,
Stewart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CrystalHD 70015 on M912M Netbook0