• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited Mod (Unicode support)
There's only RC2?
Hitcher Wrote:There's only RC2?

sorry, typo. RC2... the latest DL.

I choose the 'Install' option but nothing happens. I have installed other skins, no issue.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Just downloaded and installed it no problems here. Maybe post a debug log when you try next?
Hey!

Does anyone know a good tool for creating new XBMC skins which is up to date? Also a good xml editor for mac will help.
I am trying to modify the alaska revisited skin for own purpose and it would be nice to know the best way to do that Sad!

Thanks!!!
digga Wrote:Hey!

Does anyone know a good tool for creating new XBMC skins which is up to date? Also a good xml editor for mac will help.
I am trying to modify the alaska revisited skin for own purpose and it would be nice to know the best way to do that Sad!

Thanks!!!

This has been covered a few times before, and the answer always is:
  • a good xml editor with syntax highlighting like Notepad++ for Windows or Geany for linux (MacOSX I wouldn't know, but google does)
  • Photoshop or similar programs (Gimp is free but powerful once you get into it) to create images
  • bind a key to ReloadSkin() in your keymap.xml file, I use f5, so that you can reload the skin when you change something instead of closing and restarting XBMC each time.
  • use the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org - it's a bit outdated on some pages, but the ones you find yourself using after a while to look up infolabels or what not are mostly updated (I think I found something that wasn't on there, but I can't think of it right now)
thanks for your answer!!! just thought maybe i missed something. does somebody know if it's possible to create a totally empty skin? to start from 0? because if there is no editor all the skins have to have the standard 2.0. i even don't know what that means. what does a skin need to work and what can be left out?
i'm running Dharma RC2 and for some reason randomly, the screen freezes to a white screen, but i can see the mouse move and the sound effects from clicking on the directional pad. i have to exit it out and restart xbmc and re-download. sometimes fails to upload the xml file. Has anybody have had that issue.
It's a know problem when the skin you're using tries to update.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10876
digga Wrote:thanks for your answer!!! just thought maybe i missed something. does somebody know if it's possible to create a totally empty skin? to start from 0? because if there is no editor all the skins have to have the standard 2.0. i even don't know what that means. what does a skin need to work and what can be left out?

Start with a skin that is complete, like confluence (I thought you said you wanted to change Alaska, so start out with that?), and change things file by file. That way you have all the windows you need already, like settings and stuff.
is it normal that while pausing a movie, the OSD does not contain time bar (progress bar) ?
lulaz Wrote:is it normal that while pausing a movie, the OSD does not contain time bar (progress bar) ?
No, it's not normal - got an image?
Hi,

I just upgraded to Dharma and thought I'd try a new skin since I'm starting to get sick of Confluence. Alaska is great! I'm just having some trouble getting my TV shows art displayed correctly.

Since I've been using Confluence, what I have now for the TV shows is:
-Banner
-Fanart
-Season poster
-Episode Thumbnail

I want to switch to poster or landscape with Alaska so if I understood right I have to:
1. Select "Poster by default" in the TVDB scraper options
2. Manually download banner + fanart and rename them respectively banner.jpg and landscape.jpg and place them at the root of the show folder

Now come my questions:
1. I can't find the scraper option to download posters as default. Any help on this?
2. Should I re-scrape my whole TV show collection to get the posters instead of the banners I have now?
3. Is my step 2 (download manually banner+fanart) correct?
4. How do I set random backdrops for the main menu elements (mainly Movies and TV Shows)?

Thanks for your help and keep up the fantastic work on Alaska!
1. Settings > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > TV Information > The TVDB > Configure

2. Easiest way is to set the content to None so it all gets cleared and then re-scrape; that or bring up the Info screen and change thumb.

3. No longer needed as it can be done automatically with the script -

Settings > Alaska > Views > CLICK to download TV Logos, Landscape and Banner images

4. Settings > Alaska > Home Artwork
Thanks a lot, everything worked perfectly!
I have one last question... Wink
I've been using Panel tall view for my TV shows and I get a delay everytime I get to the TV Show main screen while the thumbs refresh.
My questions are:
-To what resolution should I resize my posters without compromising quality (for example not affecting full size poster view) in order to improve this "refresh lag"?
-Any other thing I can do to avoid this refresh lag?

Thanks!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited Mod (Unicode support)0