• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited Mod (Unicode support)
More than Alaska Revisited.
Good work, thanks alot.
Fonts in Alaska Revisited Mod do not include CJK characters.
If you want to see Chinese, Japanese, Korean in Alaska Revisted Mod (also any other skins), you need Arial font which included after revision 33254.
Or make your own fontset.

I added Arial fontset to Font.xml. => Download

And Here is Korean localisation strings.xml => Download
Thanks epoke, added for the next update.

PS I've just added a few more stings -

http://skin-alaska-revisited-mod.googlec...trings.xml
There are coming more and more options in the skins General setup. You are not considering making it nicer with some headlines or something so you dont get confused by having every option in a big pile. Somethong like the General skin settings in the Confluence skin.
In episode view, all episode dates are same.
They are primiered date of the show, not episode aired date.
How about to rollback to ListItem.Date?
It's an XBMC problem and has been fixed for the next Beta.
I missed that trac ticket.
I'm compiling new build now.
Thanks.
First of all: Wow, what a great skin and what a great mod! I've been using Aeon (Showmix) quite some time now, but with Dharma I wanted to use "out-of-the-box" skins that appear in the add-ons section. What all the time I didn't know is how great Alaska is!

Anyhow, I've got a question and I hope it's not stupid or explained elsewhere: With Confluence (or Aeon for that matter) I had my banners, seasons covers etc. stored in a database, I guess. Now after searching some time why Alaska won't show my TV shows banners in "Banner View" I found out that I had to put a banner.jpg in the directory of my series. Now of course this is no problem, I'm just wondering why there is a different handling between these skins and why I can't access the banners that are already stored in the database (as I assume).

Keep up the great work!!

Kind regards,
Rick
I did it this way so you can change to any view (Poster, Banner or Landscape) without having to rebuild/refresh your library.
Ok, that makes sense - thanks for clarification! Wink
Big update coming soon -

Added: Watched 'Tick' to File view
Added: Show IMDB Rating as numbers instead of Stars optional
Added: Studio flags
Added: French string.xml (thanks to Angelscry)
Added: Russian string.xml (thanks to ZakWilde)
Added: Fallback label for Banner view
Changed: Home 'Music' button now goes to whatever the user sets
Changed: Up and Down now closes MusicOSD
Changed: Tidied up hyphens displaying Singles in Music List
Changed: Scroll large labels in Poster view
Changed: Order of buttons for Video submenu
Changed: Buttons for Music submenu
Changed: Home Artwork settings
Changed: Renumbered and cleaned up String labels
Changed: MyPics Slideshow buttons dependant on Folder (Recursive) or Files (Normal)
Removed: All 'Record' references (now defunct)
Updated: Korean string.xml (thanks to epoke)
Updated: Slight tweaks to the Video Info screen
Fixed: Star Rating background visibility
Fixed: Video Info screen Title problem
Fixed: Missed labels for localisation (AIRED and ITEMS)
Fixed: Favourites custom button hide condition
Fixed: Setting custom button label problem

Added: DVHS and DTheater media source flags
Added: Auto Thumb support for adding Favourites to custom buttons (requires updated favourites script)
Changed: Video Info layout (removed CAST button - press UP to access)

Fixed: Forgot to add the custom_DialogFavourites.xml

Added: Ability to add up to 6 custom sub menu buttons to Apps, Video, Music, Movies and TV Shows(includes Scripts, Add-Ons and Favourites)
Added: Movie Set support
Updated: Picture Info screen (background texture)
Updated: Video Info screen (MPAA ratings, 'Mins' conditions, button layout)
Updated: Custom nackdrops settings layout
Changed: Increased Favourites icon size
Changed: ListItem.Date to ListItem.Premiered
Changed: Files View to display Label2 for all non-video library sources
Removed: All Xbox references

Changed: MPAA rating handling
Thanks for the update!

Two questions though:
In list view (eg.*Apple Trailers Lite add-on) I now have the length of the trailer behind the title, programs do have the version behind the name... - is there a way to hide this?

The other thing: The information dialog gets a bit crowded for my taste... I must admit I am the kind of person that looks at even borders, everything should be looking as good as possible... let's just say I have an eye for that (is that how you'd say it in English?).
The main title now lays on the fine line underneath it - it looks like it should be some pixels higher, so that there is more space between text and line, same goes for the menu (play, trailer, cast etc.). If it is by design, I won't bug you any more, but I guess since the skin is designed so pretty it could have been a mistake as well.

Oh, and another thing: In list view (which is the only available view for Apple Trailers anyhow *sadly* - is there a way we can get poster wrap?) the box with the time in it gets to small, because in trailers we don't have something like 92 mins or 109 mins, we have 01:44 mins and it reaches into the box of the year.
Again, no biggie, but I wanted to give you this feedback.

Thanks again for your great work!
TheHazel3yes Wrote:Thanks for the update!

Two questions though:
In list view (eg.*Apple Trailers Lite add-on) I now have the length of the trailer behind the title, programs do have the version behind the name... - is there a way to hide this?

The other thing: The information dialog gets a bit crowded for my taste... I must admit I am the kind of person that looks at even borders, everything should be looking as good as possible... let's just say I have an eye for that (is that how you'd say it in English?).
The main title now lays on the fine line underneath it - it looks like it should be some pixels higher, so that there is more space between text and line, same goes for the menu (play, trailer, cast etc.). If it is by design, I won't bug you any more, but I guess since the skin is designed so pretty it could have been a mistake as well.

Oh, and another thing: In list view (which is the only available view for Apple Trailers anyhow *sadly* - is there a way we can get poster wrap?) the box with the time in it gets to small, because in trailers we don't have something like 92 mins or 109 mins, we have 01:44 mins and it reaches into the box of the year.
Again, no biggie, but I wanted to give you this feedback.

Thanks again for your great work!

This is the sort of thing I asked for in the first post actually -

Quote:NOTE: As it uses different fonts I had to change a lot of the positions and sizes of the labels from the original code but I may have missed some so please let me know if you find any here.

I'm looking into using the Panel view for Add-Ons.

Might be awhile before the next update though because I've worked hard to get this lot out before Halo Reach and the postie has just delivered it. It's almost installed so I'm off.
Ok, have fun!

Your post raises the question: Would it be better to run Alaska Revisited WITHOUT Mode? I chose it because it was the one showing up in XBMC.org Add-ons, however although I live in Austria (and therefore have german special characters) I use all software in its native language (=English) and don't really rely on unicode, I guess... What would happen to characters like ß, ö, ä or ü? I don't know if I have something in my library that uses these chars, but if life is easier with the non-MOD version then I'd move to it.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited Mod (Unicode support)0