PVR app reccomendation?
Question 
I currently use a Dishnetwork PVR box (for OTA only) and looking to move to the HDhomerun I just purchased.

I use XBMC on Win7 x64 for my everyday media center and J River Media Center for my whole-house audio (praying XBMC gets multi-zone audio soon). I use EventGhost to control a USB-UIRT and pass IR commands from my Harmony remote to my apps.

I have an iPod Touch, 5" Dell Streak Android tablet, and a 23" touch screen connected to my Dell Zino HTPC. I'll be adding more tablets around the house soon. I'd like to leverage as many of those as possible also.

I'd appreciate any advice you can provide to help with a PVR with some level of integration as I need to make it easy to use for my wife and easy (seamlessly as possible) to switch XBMC <-> PVR.

thx for your help!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I am using BeyondTV as a PVR with XBMC. BeyondTV certainly passes the spouse test for easy to use. I have buttons configured on my MCE remote (using EventGhost) to close out XBMC and start BeyondTV (the My Recordings button) and close BeyondTV and start XBMBC (the My Movies Button). I am sure you could accomplish the same with SageTV. BeyondTV is getting a little ong in the tooth but it does the PVR thing well.
I did hear BYTV is dead, development wise. SageTV is the way to go for commercial apps from what I'm gathering.

I was wondering if anyone has a good XBMC + PVR setup going...seamless switching between them or an XBMC front-end for one?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
GB-PVR.
My HTPC is XBMC+GB-PVR (+SAF5) based.

GB-PVR <-> XBMC switch is not a problem if you can map your remote to execute *.BAT files.
My HTPC: http://hobring.esero.net/htpc.htm
Based on XP SP3
XBMC & GB-PVR for recordings

My projects:
MCE standby tool addon
SAF - HTPC codec pack

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR app reccomendation?0