• 244(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
I managed to weather the switch to Google+ fairly well with XBMC, but I just now got a new error. The plugin itself can't get videos and looking at the logs, the content it's receiving from Youtube is a recaptcha page saying

Quote:Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network. To continue with your YouTube experience, please enter the verification code below.

I tried to access a video with my browser, and sure enough I got this recaptcha page so I did the recaptcha and videos are working fine in my browser, but even after deleting the cookie jar, XBMC still won't play videos and has that return from youtube. Strangely, it's also not making a new cookie jar even though the log says it's loading cookies from there.
(2013-11-09, 13:33)Lemme Wrote: Feature request - user interface:

The functionality I really miss with this plugin, is the ability to use the arrow keys to navigate in the Search menu.

Thats not a Plugin Issue. You have to change your XBMC Settings:
Remote control sends keyboard presses
When activated, your keyboard arrows will move the selection on the virtual keyboard. When deactivated, they will move the cursor from your text.

Hope this helps.

Regards
AnotherOne
Feture Request: Selectable Homescreen.

In 99% of all cases I want to watch the latest Videos of the Channels I'm following. So whenever I open the Plugin (after using another one) I have to navigate to "My Abos -> Newest Videos" (again).
It would be great if I could select "Newest Videos" as my starting screen when I open the Plugin. In case I want to watch something different I could always use the Up on Folder Icon to access it.

Thanks for this fantastic Plugin. Would be great if you could implement such a feature in the future.

Best Regards
AnotherOne
(2013-11-09, 19:28)AnotherOne Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 13:33)Lemme Wrote: Feature request - user interface:

The functionality I really miss with this plugin, is the ability to use the arrow keys to navigate in the Search menu.

Thats not a Plugin Issue. You have to change your XBMC Settings:
Remote control sends keyboard presses
When activated, your keyboard arrows will move the selection on the virtual keyboard. When deactivated, they will move the cursor from your text.

Hope this helps.

Regards
AnotherOne

Hi there
You are quite right - thank you very much for your help and assistance.
You have no idea of how pleased I am with this. I have now all the functionality I need.

Br
Lemme

Just to add...
I have a Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC. For this I have build a little receiver that intercepts the signals from an Apple remote and converts them to keystrokes. No more keyboard/Mouse - everything is controlled with the slim Apple remote.

Together with the Quartz skin, this gives me a real cool user experience.

Br
Lemme
(2013-10-22, 05:35)quaternio Wrote: I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.

Hi, I just tried this and now I get a Login Failed: False

Edit:I tried again and this time it worked! You are a god sir
I've never had any login issues.
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2013-11-09, 01:35)Torran Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 00:51)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: I keep getting the "dependencies not met" error. How did you guys fix the problem? I've tried refreshing the repo, as well as rebooting xbmc many times, but nothing.

Edit: Never mind, it works now. Thank you, based god.

Did you do anything to fix it? If so, what?

I refreshed the official XBMC repo, and then the YouTube addon became available again. Keep refreshing the repo until it becomes available.
(2013-11-10, 00:23)KidVulcan Wrote:
(2013-10-22, 05:35)quaternio Wrote: I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.

Hi, I just tried this and now I get a Login Failed: False

Edit:I tried again and this time it worked! You are a god sir

Well, I got G+ acc and Youtube acc paired up (Actually is this happend itself about a month ago), I setted up password for G+ acc but I still can't log in with it to XBMC Youtube plugin. It just says "Scrip error: plugin.video.youtube" everytime I try to log in. I am using version 4.4.6.
I've created "linked resources" functionality (allow the user to access links to videos, channels, and playlists in the video description), and want to share / make it available. I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I clone https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin as a starting point? It seems to me it says the version there is 3.4.6 and calls the plugin YouTube beta, but it looks like the current plugin source. Is there more current code?

2. What is the best way to share it? Put it elsewhere on GitHub?

Thanks for your help
(2013-11-11, 03:31)schlameel Wrote: I've created "linked resources" functionality (allow the user to access links to videos, channels, and playlists in the video description), and want to share / make it available. I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I clone https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin as a starting point? It seems to me it says the version there is 3.4.6 and calls the plugin YouTube beta, but it looks like the current plugin source. Is there more current code?

2. What is the best way to share it? Put it elsewhere on GitHub?

Thanks for your help

They used too have an Hg repo, not sure whats going on with the addon.xml but I'm sure that is the home for the repo now, so go for it.
Since a couple days the youtube-plugin (4.4.6) doesn't start anymore (Script Error...). I didn't change anything (XBMC 11.2) and I'm not using any login-stuff... Any chance to get it back to work (ie. Downgrade or stuff)?

Thanks for help
for the last few days, every time i try to view my subscriptions or history. i get an error saying folder or something is empty. Huh?

did the plug in break because google changed youtube again (the comment systemHuh)
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
This worked for me: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1533162

And yes, it's caused by the Google+ integration.
Access Linked Videos, Channels, and Playlists
Ever watch a video and the host references another video or channel or playlist and says "The links are in the description", then get frustrated at not being able to get to those resources? Now you can.

I have modified the YouTube addon to extract links from the description and make them available. You can access the source at https://github.com/schlameel/youtube-xbmc-plugin or get the ZIP at http://github.com/schlameel/youtube-xbmc...master.zip

To access linked resources, enable it in Settings -> Advanced -> Linked Resources. Then on any video in the listing, open the context menu and, if the video has links, select 'Linked Resources'. A list of:
  • Linked Channels
  • Linked Playlists
  • Linked Videos
will appear if there are any of those categories.

Please offer any feedback, suggestions, requests, or questions.

Known Limitations:
  • Sometimes the links people put in the descriptions of their videos are bad or incorrect. For performance reasons, I don't validate the links. I've tried to make it fail gracefully.
  • English only (I retained none of my high school French)
Tested Platforms
  • Linux
    • Ubuntu 12.10
    • Linux Mint 15
  • Mac OS X 10.7.5
  • Android 4.2.2
Installation:
  1. Download the repository zip file at https://github.com/schlameel/xbmc-youtub...-1.0.1.zip
  2. Install the repository
    1. System
    2. Add-ons
    3. Install from zip file
    4. Select the downloaded zip file
  3. Video
  4. Add-ons
  5. Get More...
  6. YouTube - Linked
Something new about Android locale Phyton bug?

I'd like to fix it! Since alpha 6 doesn't work anymore and it's a little bit pesky because for watching videos, you've to exit from xbmc and open the YouTube app!
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28