• 295(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
From Post #4404

YouTube Alpha Addon 2014 for XBMC:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200735

This is brilliant and I wanted to share since the post above seems to have been over-looked.

The new YouTube addon linked in that post works for me and I use two factor authentication. It works perfectly with a Google App Password, which is only needed for people who use two-factor authentication, for everyone else, it works on install!

I now have full control again and can remove videos from my watchlist (as I watch, or manually), and it has more detailed context menus...and VEVO works perfectly. I think that's all the check-boxes. Tongue Oh and I tested it on Frodo and Gotham.

I would recommend others give that addon a try, I believe many will find it to be fast, reliable, and working as you'd expect so we can finally stop troubleshooting and just go back to watching youtube on xbmc!

Adios
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
(2014-08-11, 17:12)dCypher Wrote: From Post #4404

This is brilliant and I wanted to share since the post above seems to have been over-looked.

The new YouTube addon linked in that post works for me and I use two factor authentication. It works perfectly with a Google App Password, which is only needed for people who use two-factor authentication, for everyone else, it works on install!

I now have full control again and can remove videos from my watchlist (as I watch, or manually), and it has more detailed context menus...and VEVO works perfectly. I think that's all the check-boxes. Tongue Oh and I tested it on Frodo and Gotham.

I would recommend others give that addon a try, I believe many will find it to be fast, reliable, and working as you'd expect so we can finally stop troubleshooting and just go back to watching youtube on xbmc!

Adios

Don't want to hijack... but this post is in bad taste... Keep the plugins separated out of respect for the Dev's. You're spamming!!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-08-11, 19:40)Lunatixz Wrote:

Don't want to hijack... but this post is in bad taste... Keep the plugins separated out of respect for the Dev's. You're spamming!!

Point understood.

But please don't view it as spamming. I have been a part of this thread for nearly two years, with intermittently successful access to my YouTube account and, honestly, more time break-fixing the addon than enjoying it.

I don't think I am alone?

Especially with two-factor authentication being a show stopper and not given much discussion. No disrespect intended for the dev at all, but I think everyone coming to read this thread would just like to have something that works and despite all the efforts by the dev (current and past--as the project has been dropped and picked up by several different people), we look for and support the projects that work.

The new YT plug is just that: new. New code. New ideas. New development. And it has solved issues that we've been working to break-fix here for a long time.

But I will delete my post if that is the desire of the op.
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."

Adios

This is not spam. It is not commercial, it is highly relevant and is not unsolicited.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-11, 22:25)nickr Wrote:

Adios

This is not spam. It is not commercial, it is highly relevant and is not unsolicited.

This is your opinion, as was mine... but I personally fell directing users away from a plugin and thread to another is inappropriate... Opinions stated... Hijack ending...
It absolutely would be, if the author had visited the forums in the past 7 months and/or maintained the plugin. But if he had done those things, there would have been no need to create a replacement in the first place.
Exactly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-12, 02:55)rodalpho Wrote: It absolutely would be, if the author had visited the forums in the past 7 months and/or maintained the plugin. But if he had done those things, there would have been no need to create a replacement in the first place.

What are you talking about! HenrikDK's Git was updated in the last 16 days and before that Jul 5...
I think people find the lack of support from the addon author(s) is frustrating, the lack of releases from github to the xbmc repo, the haphazard nature of the patches that have been submitted to this thread (usually not as proper patches either) and similar issues. I get that HenrikDK probably prefers to spend his time doing things other than cruising this forum looking for things to post about, but when people post a lot about errors you'd expect some posting, even if just to say "sorry I am busy with life right now, I'll try and fix this when I get to it." I imagine that given the number of people using this addon, he must feel a lot of pressure to keep up with it, maybe he feels it is a monster he can no longer get away from. I am grateful for the effort that has gone into this addon over the years.

Reading through this forum does make me (and obviously others) think it has been neglected lately though.

Even without those issues, there is nothing wrong with a post pointing to an alternative. It is not rude. It doesn't deprive HenrikDK of an income, because it's all free. it is not spam, it will simply be a welcome pointer to many.
IMO its a slap on the face to HenrikDK and his hard work. Let's agree to disagree , move on and end the hijacking.
I still love my favourite Scandies Big Grin
It would be cool a new Youtube add on with a modern and usefull information. Like "youtube.tv"
Hello!!!

I´m running Crystalbuntu on my AppleTV 1G currently on XBMC 13.1 Gotham.

I´ve been trying to download some videos from one of my playlists and when I click Donwload Video a small popup (on low right corner) come up saying Preparing Download but it never starts to download anything... I´ve been searching for help and I found out that deleting commoncache.db and commoncache.socket from /.xbmc/temp/ could solve the problem, but every time I reboot the ATV after deleting those files I always get stuck on Preparing Download message.

Any suggestion about how to fix it?

Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=273089

Thanks in advance.
(2014-08-12, 05:14)nickr Wrote: I think people find the lack of support from the addon author(s) is frustrating, the lack of releases from github to the xbmc repo, the haphazard nature of the patches that have been submitted to this thread (usually not as proper patches either) and similar issues. I get that HenrikDK probably prefers to spend his time doing things other than cruising this forum looking for things to post about, but when people post a lot about errors you'd expect some posting, even if just to say "sorry I am busy with life right now, I'll try and fix this when I get to it." I imagine that given the number of people using this addon, he must feel a lot of pressure to keep up with it, maybe he feels it is a monster he can no longer get away from. I am grateful for the effort that has gone into this addon over the years.

Reading through this forum does make me (and obviously others) think it has been neglected lately though.

Even without those issues, there is nothing wrong with a post pointing to an alternative. It is not rude. It doesn't deprive HenrikDK of an income, because it's all free. it is not spam, it will simply be a welcome pointer to many.

If the other plugin author was displeased with the state of this plugin, rather than starting from scratch, why not fork this plugin and fixed up the problems that were being experienced. The other plugin actually misses quite a lot of functionality that this one has. For instance the other plugin does not deal at all with logging into the web site, when any kind of logged in scraping is required. This plugin also correctly handles two factor authentication for web site and api login.

I have submitted a PR to support viewing purchases in XBMC.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc.../issues/71

Because the purchases videos are all DRM protected it is not possible to view them inside XBMC, so I am using the same method that the Netflix plugin uses.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178693

Perhaps others will find it useful, and potentially suggest improvements. I only have a single tv season on my purchases, so html pages with other configurations would assist me to
code up any additional functionality.
Can someone help me?
I faceing with problem.
When I start Mytube player on DM 800HD se OE1.6 it complain with message:
Code:
Sorry , video is not available!
I try all the releases from this web page but it did't help.
In most cases 90% of video gave me this error message!
Is there any fix for this?
  • 295(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28