• 146(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
My Name is Jan i have many Addons and scripts from Main XBMC Eden adapted to work on XBMC4XBOX to!

Last time i adapted the Last Version from Youtube- addon V.3.0 for xbmc4xbox!
It works so well or Bad we on XBMC Eden to but i can not login.
I understand that you not make Versions for Dharma or Openelec!
But i hope your help to make the login on my adapted addon for xbmc4xbox working!
On xbox we can not switch to another xbmc- version and i hope your help!

Regards Jan (skatulskijean)
(2012-07-11, 21:28)HenrikDK Wrote:
(2012-07-11, 13:58)Carborundum Wrote: Does the Youtube plugin support accounts with 2-step verification activated? I am unable to login to my account using an application specific password. Plugin version 3.0.0.

Plugin needs http access for scraper functions so applications specific passwords are out, but it does support the additional token.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how can I provide the additional token through the XBMC interface? As far as I can see, the only available fields are 'Username' and 'Password'.
Why the language list for subtitles is only english and few more? I want to enable Portuguese, but it's not listed.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-07-11, 21:28)HenrikDK Wrote: Hi, we no longer support performing the age verification check since that scraper code was very unstable and increasingly hard to test. Also accoring to our own latest tests once you'd verified you won't be asked again making this only an issue on the first try.

I don't understand this. How am I supposed to "verify" with the Youtube addon? When I try to watch a flagged video, I get the "playback failed: false" error every time I tried to watch it. If I watch that same specific video in a webbrowser with the same Youtube account, I can watch it no problem.

How is this only an issue the first try?!
(2012-07-13, 22:26)Jete246 Wrote:
(2012-07-11, 21:28)HenrikDK Wrote: Hi, we no longer support performing the age verification check since that scraper code was very unstable and increasingly hard to test. Also accoring to our own latest tests once you'd verified you won't be asked again making this only an issue on the first try.

I don't understand this. How am I supposed to "verify" with the Youtube addon? When I try to watch a flagged video, I get the "playback failed: false" error every time I tried to watch it. If I watch that same specific video in a webbrowser with the same Youtube account, I can watch it no problem.

How is this only an issue the first try?!

You can do the verification through your browser, youtube should only ask once, and then remember that you already verfied your age..
(2012-07-14, 00:56)HenrikDK Wrote: You can do the verification through your browser, youtube should only ask once, and then remember that you already verfied your age..

But Youtube doesn't ask me for this anymore as I have verified my age a long time ago already. So why am I still not able to view flagged videos with this addon?

Is this supposed to work after one has verified his/her age via the browser? Perhaps the fact that I'm running a PVR build is causing issues?
Fresh and Clean XBMC 11 install from Debian repo.
Only one add-on, Youtube.
Login failed.
Log : http://pastebin.com/NY41DKvY

Thanks for any help.
(2012-07-08, 11:03)versus Wrote: This question has been asked one year ago

1. skip forward/backward while watching the videos it takes a long time to do it and often it stops forever. Skipping with Youtube's flash player in their website it is very fast, you can arbitrarily skip to any time within the video and it does it almost instantly. So I feel that this should be possible to make it work the same way with the plugin.

Your answer was:

This is still a bug with xbmc's player core and affects all video plugins and playback of webstreams in general. Theres not really anything we can do about it, I suggest you create a trac ticket about it so that Team XBMC can fix it.

I can not remember any other plugin playing webstreams other than youtube plugin that has problems with time skipping. Must be something other than xbmc player. Navi-x youtube plugin doesn't have this problem. Could you look into this issue as it is really annoying no being able to continue interrupted playback other than starting from scratch. Thank you.

EDIT: Ok, I see that there are more players within xbmc. Plugins that use Dvdplayer have no skipping problem. Some plugins let's you choose player. Are you using mplayer? Can dvdplayer be used with youtube plugin? Could you add this choice?

Wow, thanks for pointing out that the Navi-X Youtube functionality supports skipping ahead in videos. I hadn't tried using Navi-X for Youtube in years now, and was just assuming that you had to use a web browser to arbitrarily jump around on the video timeline because of how Youtube streams their files. This is really a great help, thanks again. I wonder what the difference is, perhaps in how they are getting the video URL?
(2012-06-25, 23:55)HenrikDK Wrote: This is a know issue with the Eden builds, it mostly happens when you play a video, you need to escalate this with Team XBMC..

(2012-06-25, 17:17)meandor Wrote: my search functionality doesnt work that much anymore...

every time i open search and i am trying to put something into the search field there is a loading window popping up and it doesnt load anything and i have to cancel it and then when i put something in it and try to search for it nothing happens

I am suffering from this, too. I am using the XvBA built (based on PVR) on Ubuntu 12.04.

Is there any more information about the known issue so I could ask the XvBA developers about it? Is there already a fix or workaround?

Thanks!
Isn't videos that require age confirmation supported?
I get "playback failed" when trying to play this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJyagQWIDDQ
It plays fine in chrome with the same youtube account.

EDIT: nevermind, youtube changed som names.
FIX: YouTubeCore.py@416: replace "verify-actions" with "verify-age"
"My Favorites" also seems to have stopped working on the Dharma version, at least for me. Oh well
Quote:
(2012-07-10, 23:51)Tourrorist Wrote: There is no Updatet version on Dharma or OpenElec Stable. How can i update it?

No updates for Dharma, the api's have changed too much for it to be feasible to backport changes, basically if you want the latest plugin update to Eden..

This is perfectly understandable and not really a big deal, but I've got this old unresolved mystery problem with the Youtube plugin for Eden (also occurring in the latest beta plugin) that keeps me using Dharma. The issue is that every time I load a new page of videos (such as a search result page or my favorites) it takes about 20-30 seconds of sitting at the dialogue saying "0 items" before actually loading. I don't have this problem on another PC which is running the same build of Windows XP.

Here's a debug log of me going to "My Favorites", if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. I made one with XBMC's debug logging enabled and one with just the plugin's debug mode enabled. I couldn't remember which was the right way to go about it. I've posted logs of this previously, back when the first Eden versions were released.

http://pastebin.com/GKedQiqL

http://pastebin.com/KQEq6QF2

The problem seems to be particular to me, I don't think I've seen anyone else talking about it. So it's fine with me if this just remains a mystery and it's resolved by getting a new video card or something. Thanks for all the work, I use this plugin religiously!
(2012-07-14, 19:45)qwerdy Wrote: Isn't videos that require age confirmation supported?
I get "playback failed" when trying to play this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJyagQWIDDQ
It plays fine in chrome with the same youtube account.

EDIT: nevermind, youtube changed som names.
FIX: YouTubeCore.py@416: replace "verify-actions" with "verify-age"

Thank you!

I changed the 2 'verify-actions' entries in "AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py" to 'verify-age' and now I can watch flagged video's again! Smile
Exclamation 
Hi all

I have been having this problem for quite a while now so i decided to post for your help.

The XBMC Youtube addon is not playing any videos and 90% of the time simply shows no error or message. I simply click on a video from my search results and the working message is displayed in the screen corner or the loading window is displayed and then it disappears and i am back at the search results page.

Rarely i will get the playback failed message and even rarer a video might play.

Pastebin.com is not accessible in my area for some reason so i have pasted the log at github:gist
I am trying to ues the chrome plugin for youtube to send videos I browse on my PC to my XBMC but nothing happens.

These are the settings I put it

[email protected]:8080

plugin.video.youtube

enable auto play unchecked.

xx.16 is the xbmc and my iphone remote works with that. I set no password and left the username as xbmc.

am I doing somthing wrong? I am using chrome btw.
I installed OpenElec after having freezes on Eden with the youtube plugin. However OpenElec has the following weird thing.
When I go to the Youtube plugin > Search I get a popup showing "Loading Directory, Retreived 0 items). and there is will hang.

http://pastebin.com/QVFJTZ6z
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28