• 148(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2012-07-23, 20:00)wernerhp Wrote: <snip>

Thank you! I'm not sure exactly what fixed the problem, but after enabling debugging and entering my credentials in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml, the numpad appeared immidiately!
hi all,

I am new to xbmc forum etc. so sorry if this was covered somewhere else. I have a problem with the youtube plugin. I have managed to install it however got a problem with using it. Although the music works and all fine that the movie section is not.

I haven't got a problems with the log in - all worked smoothly etc however each time I try to play anything from movie section it does throw some errors. Sometimes it is script error and sometimes it just says playing failed false.

I have uninstalled and re-installed again however no luck... still the same problem. All on Ipad2 & xbmc eden 11.0.

Any ideas what this could be?

Youtube isn't the first plugin this is happening - I have the same problem with Live TV and ESPN for example. (I am UK based @the moment).

Thanks

L
Hi there!
Any news on the search failure?
I hope someone found a solution for this nasty bug.
The openELEC search failure is not openELEC specific.

I've hit it the first time over 12 months ago.

This is purely an XBMC issue, has nothing to do with the YouTube plugin(iPlayer also hits this, for instance).

If we are very very lucky there will be a fix in XBMC master next week.(I wouldn't count on it, i've waited for a fix for over a year).

If/when that fix is made, it will require an update of XBMC/openELEC to fix the issue.

Sorry

(2012-07-25, 15:24)lucyfer_29 Wrote: hi all,

I am new to xbmc forum etc. so sorry if this was covered somewhere else. I have a problem with the youtube plugin. I have managed to install it however got a problem with using it. Although the music works and all fine that the movie section is not.

I haven't got a problems with the log in - all worked smoothly etc however each time I try to play anything from movie section it does throw some errors. Sometimes it is script error and sometimes it just says playing failed false.

I have uninstalled and re-installed again however no luck... still the same problem. All on Ipad2 & xbmc eden 11.0.

Any ideas what this could be?

Youtube isn't the first plugin this is happening - I have the same problem with Live TV and ESPN for example. (I am UK based @the moment).

Thanks

L
Generic XBMC issue, not plugin specific(Clearly, since you hit it in multiple plugins). Or maybe your network.

(2012-07-21, 04:37)jonib Wrote: Would somebody be kind and give me this information: Where is the watched status of videos stored?, as in what file(s) so I can back it up.

I asked for this couple of months ago here, but did not get any responce. And now I have lost the watched status from the videos again and it's basically rendering the Youtube plugin useless for me.

jonib

Yeah, you can't really back those up. They are technically stored in the ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/commoncache.db file. But that file is considered very volatile.

It's just an sqlite db, so you should be able to poke around and extract if you want.

(2012-07-20, 07:57)sfbay99 Wrote: 1)anyone know how to get rid of the item "history" for youtube addon?

2)Also , how to make a channel base on youtube "keywords" search and the video will auto add more video base on that "keywords" ?

1) Hm, forgot to add that to settings. You will be able to hide that in later versions!

2) Not implemented, and won't be

(2012-07-19, 04:51)ykhehra1 Wrote: All xbmc plugins working fine on my ATV including icefilme, 1channel etc. Only youtube or plugins using youtube are choppy, I am using superTv librtmp. Can someone help me. Thanks

Try changing your youtube add-on settings (Turn cache server on/off, change quality from SD to 720p, or from 1080p to 720p).

If it still fails, i'll need a debug log.
Word of warning.

All login currently FAIL!! Youtube changed their layout some 10 hours ago, we have a fix, but it isn't pushed yet.

If you are currently logged in you should have no issues. but do NOT log out.
Qs about youtube subscriptions channel thumbnail !
For xbmc 11 eden, Win7
subscriptions channel thumbnail come from the very first time you load the channel (it use the latest video thumbnail at the time you load the Channel, then it will stay there forever)

What If I don't like the thumbnail the addon use for my subscriptions channel, how can I clear the cache for that subscriptions channel ONLY and have it pull the newest video and use for the thumbnail ?

Thanks
No easy way to do that.

Personally i'd just live with it. Or remove all thumbnails.
If I know where the location xbmc youtub addon store all the subscriptions channel thumbnail, maybe I can replace the thumbnail to something I want (keep the same thumbnail file name) , but so far , I still can find it . Does anyone know the exact location ?
Youtube does not store it. XBMC stores it.

The exact location is:
.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/
and
.xbmc/userdata/Database/Textures13.db <- might be a different number, i dunno.
Okay delete again.

Thanks for reading in case someone did Smile, found a workaround via tweaking scrapper settings.
(2012-07-26, 13:00)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: Word of warning.

All login currently FAIL!! Youtube changed their layout some 10 hours ago, we have a fix, but it isn't pushed yet.

Oh no - one of my PCs was logged out and when i tried logging in again i had a very weird/new "status 200 new url" error message! Is this the new login failure issue that is popping up due to Youtube's new layout?
(2012-07-27, 22:24)pinelights Wrote:

Oh no - one of my PCs was logged out and when i tried logging in again i had a very weird/new "status 200 new url" error message! Is this the new login failure issue that is popping up due to Youtube's new layout?
Yes. Yes it is.
hi,

i have two problems with the youtube plugin, when i try to download a clip with special characters in the name like "à" for example i get the following error:
Code:
01:05:13 T:139652874893056  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:05:13 T:139652874893056  NOTICE: YouTube-3.0.0
01:05:13 T:139652874893056  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.0.0
01:05:15 T:139652874893056   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
01:05:15 T:139652874893056   ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 11: ordinal not in range(128)
01:05:15 T:139652874893056   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 106, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 146, in executeAction
                                                self.downloadVideo(params)
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 247, in downloadVideo
                                                filename = "%s-[%s].mp4" % (''.join(c for c in video['Title'].decode("utf-8") if c not in self.utils.INVALID_CHARS), video["videoid"])
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 11: ordinal not in range(128)

When i try to download a clip without special characters it works, but then i hit the next problem.
The downloaded file doesn't appear in the set folder.
When i do a locate i get the following:
Code:
root@xbmc:~# locate Pitbull
/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simple.downloader/MEN IN BLACK 3 Pitbull Music Video Trailer 2012 Movie - Official [HD]-[guAAwPlI8OQ].mp4

A tail on the xbmc log gives the following:
Code:
01:17:55 T:139652841322240  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:17:55 T:139652841322240  NOTICE: YouTube-3.0.0
01:17:55 T:139652841322240  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.0.0
01:17:58 T:139654481700736   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader

The set download folder is set to 777.

Anyone can tell me how to get rid of those two problems?
(2012-07-28, 00:10)TobiasTheCommie Wrote:
(2012-07-27, 22:24)pinelights Wrote:

Yes. Yes it is.

Ok thank you - hope for a fix soon Nod
(2012-07-28, 00:10)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: Yes. Yes it is.

Ok feedback

Just updated addon to the 3.1.0 version a few minutes prior to posting this and it's all good NodCoolRofl My other machines are all on 3.0.0 so should i update or is it a case of "if it's not broken dun fix it"? Anyway thanks a lot for the fix u rock Laugh
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28