• 150(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2012-07-14, 23:22)cptmarginal Wrote: I've got this old unresolved mystery problem with the Youtube plugin for Eden (also occurring in the latest beta plugin) that keeps me using Dharma. The issue is that every time I load a new page of videos (such as a search result page or my favorites) it takes about 20-30 seconds of sitting at the dialogue saying "0 items" before actually loading. I don't have this problem on another PC which is running the same build of Windows XP.

Here's a debug log of me going to "My Favorites", if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. I made one with XBMC's debug logging enabled and one with just the plugin's debug mode enabled. I couldn't remember which was the right way to go about it. I've posted logs of this previously, back when the first Eden versions were released.

http://pastebin.com/GKedQiqL

http://pastebin.com/KQEq6QF2

The problem seems to be particular to me, I don't think I've seen anyone else talking about it. So it's fine with me if this just remains a mystery and it's resolved by getting a new video card or something. Thanks for all the work, I use this plugin religiously!

Don't know what changed, perhaps the new login code - but this issue is resolved with the latest version of the plugin!

Thanks for everything, I'm switching to Eden now Smile
Hi everyone !

In the Top 100 music chart, is there any way to play all the video as a playlist automatically ? I know I can add them manually but they wouldn't be always up to date with the top 100 chart of youtube...
(2012-08-03, 16:37)Atho Wrote: Hi everyone !

In the Top 100 music chart, is there any way to play all the video as a playlist automatically ? I know I can add them manually but they wouldn't be always up to date with the top 100 chart of youtube...

No bother... found how !

Another question. on the youtube/music web page, there are others streams, like by genre... is there any way to add those streams ?
I'm having trouble getting the YouTube videos to play using the built in players. It keeps using MPC-HC (the current default player) instead. The rules section of my playercorefactory seem to specify the use of the built in players when playing videos using youtube protocols, so IDK what gives. Using these rules xbmc does seem to use the built in players for dvd folders and iso files so I'm not sure why its ignoring the rules mentioning youtube protocols like rtsp.

Here is my playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" -f</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules name="system rules">
<!-- rule name="playwithmpc" filename=".*mpchc.*" player="MPC-HC"/ -->
<rule name="playwithxbmc" filename=".*xbmc.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
<rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
<rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
<rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
</rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
<rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
<rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
<rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
<rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
<rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I got it to use the built in player for youtube properly. I just had to add the line <rule filename=".*youtube.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
(2012-08-01, 21:37)tinfox Wrote: For a couple of days, when I right click on "New Subscription Videos" and then "Play All" it says script failed.

Same error with my playlists -> script failed

Don't normally do this, but I'm desperately bumping this post. If anyone can take one last look for me that would be awesome. I have taken up using Navi-X to search YouTube, but this plugin is easier IMO and has a clean look.

(2012-08-02, 17:41)dkplayaclub Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 12:31)HenrikDK Wrote: Apparently when the plugin tries to scrape the movies page, its empty.. since we expect the page to contain some movies, this causes an infinite loop (opps Smile)

does this link : http://www.youtube.com/movies/comedy?feature=mv_c
provide a proper looking movie listing?

Yes, when I follow that link in my web browser I do see a list of movies properly. After setting my debug level to 7 as you suggested this is what I got when I tried to bring up a movie list through Explore YouTube. Gave it a few minutes while loading the list and, as usual, had to give up. Sad

I had to split the log up to fit under the limit (I can't afford to pay for a service I don't use that much)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I hope that is enough info to figure out what I have going on. Thanks again for your continued support.

EDIT - I just noticed that if I follow that link I do see a list of movies, but clicking most of the links (besides the movies themselves) comes up with a missing page error. Not sure if that's important.

Can't wait to get this working again....
(2012-08-07, 18:05)ced64k Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 21:37)tinfox Wrote: For a couple of days, when I right click on "New Subscription Videos" and then "Play All" it says script failed.

Same problem also.. Any ideas??
(2012-07-14, 08:09)cptmarginal Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 11:03)versus Wrote: I can not remember any other plugin playing webstreams other than youtube plugin that has problems with time skipping. Must be something other than xbmc player. Navi-x youtube plugin doesn't have this problem. Could you look into this issue as it is really annoying no being able to continue interrupted playback other than starting from scratch. Thank you.

Wow, thanks for pointing out that the Navi-X Youtube functionality supports skipping ahead in videos. I hadn't tried using Navi-X for Youtube in years now, and was just assuming that you had to use a web browser to arbitrarily jump around on the video timeline because of how Youtube streams their files. This is really a great help, thanks again. I wonder what the difference is, perhaps in how they are getting the video URL?

Regarding this: I've just figured out something great; perhaps others have noticed it by now. If you are using the XBMC Eden Youtube addon, change the video quality setting to "Ask" so that when you choose a video to play, the quality selection dialog appears. If you choose "380p" then time skipping is fully functional! This is pretty cool as is, but the lowered video quality may discourage watching things like this - but there is a way to get around this limitation. If you start a video in 380p and skip ahead you can then stop the video, play it again, and encounter the "Resume from" dialog which remembers where you had skipped ahead to. However if you now select, say, 720p as the quality - it will still resume from the same time! Kick ass! Exactly what I wanted...

Thanks (yet again) to everyone involved in creating this plugin, it's really the best.
Not sure if its already mentioned but Search function seems to be "broken". Tested with 3.0.0 and 3.1.0, latest nightlies on OSX
Every time you choose "Search", Search window where you put the keyword will pop-up, but at the same time "Loading..." window shows up on top of it and nothing happens. After clicking Cancel in the Loading window, search one is still there but after entering keyword it doesnt return any search results.

After my previous posts about seeking in Youtube videos, I've just now realized something. The reason it is possible to resume videos at 720p quality is because seeking works with 720p videos. I feel like an idiot for not noticing this previously, but I seldom watched videos in HD due to buffering and never noticed it. In any case: Hell yeah! Being able to seek in all Youtube videos is tremendously useful to me, and I'd been too wrapped up in exploring what's on there to even notice that it's been possible all along. Finally I know how to play stuff like 4 hour long documentaries or radio shows without opening a web browser in order to resume playback, it's great...
(2012-08-10, 08:51)NaDs Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 18:05)ced64k Wrote:

Same problem also.. Any ideas??

same here ... dumping for great justice ^^
Is it possible to add a feature, so that you would be able to add youtube videos to your playlist on the fly? For example if i play music of hdd and want to add a youtube video in between them?
HTPC Streacom FC8 Evo, BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670T 2.3 GHz, 4GB Kingston HyperX, 500GB 7200 HDD, Streacom IRRC Remote
TV Sony Bravia 32" Full HD
Hi,
I have problems playing youtube videos the last days. They sometimes only start at the second attempt.
The stream url seems not to be correctly resolved: When the video wont play, the url starts with "=http" instead of "http".

Here is a log with a not working video.
After trying to play the same video again, everything is fine...

Its not always. I just played more then 10 videos fine, when I suddenly got this mysterious behavior again.
Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks,
asde
Ok I'm going to see if I can get some help with my issue here. anyone knows how to get the youtube plugin to use the AMLplayer on the PIVOS XIOS? I've been struggling with this issue since the initial release of the AMLplayer. Most of the youtube video I watch has the "CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - " error but there isn't a setting to auto select the player. I've even modified the youtubeplayer.py change code to self.xbmc.Player(self.xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO).play( str(video['video_url']), listitem) but it still uses the DVDPlayer. I also want to try to force it to use the AMLPlayer but I don't know player core parameter for the AMLPlayer. I tried PLAYER_CORE_AMLPlayer but that generated an error
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28