• 170(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Hi;
very nice plugin I love it
Is there any possibility to add an option for forwarding video links to an email from plugin
would be very good
thanks
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
I had plugin failed message ! I guess it is because of the new design of youtube ? I hope it can be fixed plz Smile
Not entirely sure if this is the right thread for my question but here it is anyway.

I use the button to send YouTube videos on my laptop straight to XBMC quite often (the XBMC logo underneath the YouTube videos) but the lay-out of of YouTube changed within the past few days and the button is nowhere to be found.

Are you guys aware of this already?

If this isn't the right thread, please point me in the right direction. Smile

Edit: Nevermind my question, I installed another userscript to fix this problem
(2012-12-07, 17:14)toubib4u Wrote: I had plugin failed message ! I guess it is because of the new design of youtube ? I hope it can be fixed plz Smile

+1
(2012-12-07, 22:21)wigchert Wrote: Not entirely sure if this is the right thread for my question but here it is anyway.

I use the button to send YouTube videos on my laptop straight to XBMC quite often (the XBMC logo underneath the YouTube videos) but the lay-out of of YouTube changed within the past few days and the button is nowhere to be found.

Are you guys aware of this already?

If this isn't the right thread, please point me in the right direction. Smile

Edit: Nevermind my question, I installed another userscript to fix this problem

Can you explain how you did this?
Question 
this may have already been discussed, but call me lazy, I don't feel like reading through 250+ pages to find an answer, and can't seem to get what I'm looking for with search.... is there an 'auto-play next video' feature in this application??

I've got GoogleTV for another tv in our house, and the youtube app for that continuously plays the videos... with this one however, all I can seem to find is a 'queue video' button to add more. This works great, BUT it's kind of a pain to have to go through and select all the videos I want to play, would be much nicer to just click on the first one and let 'em run.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
I cannot see a post with someone getting the error I am getting, when I put my logon information and then hit logon it comes and says "Logon Failed False" on my Mac OS X of Version 12 Beta 2. I went to my windows PC and did my logon for youtube on XBMC and it works fine there, but for some reason not on the Mac. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin and still says the same message. Anyone else having this problem?
(2012-12-08, 07:02)amcfarla Wrote: I cannot see a post with someone getting the error I am getting, when I put my logon information and then hit logon it comes and says "Logon Failed False" on my Mac OS X of Version 12 Beta 2. I went to my windows PC and did my logon for youtube on XBMC and it works fine there, but for some reason not on the Mac. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin and still says the same message. Anyone else having this problem?

ok, once I changed the 'max video quality ' from 1080p to 720p it let me logon, but would not allow a logon for 1080p. Is that normal?
Is there any fix to the age verification issue? I'm a little upset because I reinstalled XBMC and forgot to backup my YouTube folder, where I had age restricted content working previously. I'm not sure if I was in an earlier version or what, I remember someone posted some line edits in the YouTubeCore.py file and it worked. I've searched and looked through this thread but I can't find the one I did, nor one that works.

This YouTube video is an example of one that does not play. It gives me the "cannot locate video URL" error on the screen. Currently running Eden on XBMCbuntu, YouTube plugin 3.3.0.

PasteBin of log here. I play a video successfully, then try an age-restricted video from my phone, where the log stops at "links: 'dict" and then trying to playing it from the YouTube browser, where it errors on the last line.

I appreciate any help, and I am also glad that I can play a large majority of YouTube videos with your plugin.Cool
(2012-12-08, 07:02)amcfarla Wrote: I cannot see a post with someone getting the error I am getting, when I put my logon information and then hit logon it comes and says "Logon Failed False" on my Mac OS X of Version 12 Beta 2. I went to my windows PC and did my logon for youtube on XBMC and it works fine there, but for some reason not on the Mac. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin and still says the same message. Anyone else having this problem?

ok, once I changed the 'max video quality ' from 1080p to 720p it let me logon, but would not allow a logon for 1080p. Is that normal?

i have the same error. only difference it does not work even when i change from 1080p to 720p. now i am unable to logon
I'm having issues logging in using RaspBMC on raspberry pi

Full debug logging:

http://pastebin.com/NzUpZS7L

Thanks!
(2012-11-21, 11:43)jackparsons Wrote: Installed YouTube video plugin v3.3.0 on v12 b1 (Frodo) on Linux Mint 12, having deleted the previous plugin version.
  • "My Subscriptions" functions as expected
  • playlist function works as expected
  • "Search" functions as expected
  • "Explore YouTube" now has some functionality
So far has only been about 10 minutes but is looking good. It seems Frodo users can upgrade and expect improvement. ("My Contacts" is not present as it was in the beta I tried, although it appeared to work in that.)
I'm now on Frodo b3 and the v3.3.0 plugin has been working fine for me (the "My Contacts" needed to be re-enabled in the plugin settings).

Note: I had delete the old plugin directory and restart XBMC before the plugin behaved OK but I had been messing with the beta plugin and editing files myself. If you're having problems I suggest you manually eraze all traces of previous plugin and reinstall v3.3.0.

(2012-12-08, 15:06)bittihuduga Wrote:

i have the same error. only difference it does not work even when i change from 1080p to 720p. now i am unable to logon

Same here, login fail, I think the web site changed something again. I'm using Frodo beta btw.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
I had a login fail initially when I reinstalled it. I logged in from my home computer to YouTube to verify it worked, then went back to Eden and tried 5-6 times and got a successful after that.
I tried with Frodo b3 + v3.3.0 plugin on my mac mountain lion and raspberry pi OpenELEC with no success
both said login fail false
(2012-12-01, 01:08)HenrikDK Wrote: for people with 2 factor login this seems to be happening lately, theres no way we can defeate 2 factor login so we're considering removing support entirely. We might add application specific passwords instead but that would remove support for scraper based features like playback of 18+ videos and scraping user feeds that are only available on the homepage.

youtube leanback has a login system where it gives you a code that you take to your pc logged in with youtube and enter it at youtube.com/activate, could something similar be used for the plugin to login? It works with 2 factor enabled as well.
Looks like the XBMC Youtube firefox plugin no longer works. Also there is no repository with the code that was used to create it, so updating it is impossible. Might make a new one though.

Does anyone else use the plugin?
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28