• 206(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
It feels like its loading faster than before
It's totally loading faster than before! NICE JOB!
Thanks, Elbulus! Worked here.
Didn't work for me. Going to bed and hoping it's magically fixed tomorrow.
cheers, prefer this to be auto updated. my moms called me accusing me of breaking her xbmc to prevent her watching....lol.
Confirm this patch worked for me.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2013-03-21, 01:34)Elbulus Wrote: For those who might struggle with code here is the file modified for you, just drop this over the top of the old YouTubePlayer.py
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3ykhe2vn4j2z3...ePlayer.py

Thank you Kaylakaze for working it out so quickly Big Grin

Thank you! Works great … Blush
nEGAtive FUNction YouTUBe Sad
(2013-03-21, 00:48)Kaylakaze Wrote: Fixed it. from line 299 in YouTubePlayer, change
Code:
if line.strip().startswith("yt.playerConfig = "):
                found = True
                p1 = line.find("=")
                p2 = line.rfind(";")
                if p1 <= 0 or p2 <= 0:
                    continue
                data = line[p1 + 1:p2]
                break

to

Code:
index = line.find("ytplayer.config =")
            if index != -1:
                found = True
                p1 = line.find("=", (index-3))
                p2 = line.rfind(";")
                if p1 <= 0 or p2 <= 0:
                    continue
                data = line[p1 + 1:p2]
                break

sorry that the indents are not properly aligned in the code pasting

This demonstrates why whenever you're scraping a web page, it's dangerous to assume where on the page something will be located. Youtube changed their page format so that ytplayer.config is no longer at the beginning of a line.
Thank you. It works.
(2013-03-21, 01:34)Elbulus Wrote: For those who might struggle with code here is the file modified for you, just drop this over the top of the old YouTubePlayer.py

This fix works on Linux Mint 12, XBMC 13 Alpha 1

To put it kindly, the YouTube plugin needs some serious refactoring. Friends of mine who have commercially-made software in their TV to play YouTube don't see it breaking all the time like this.
I'm getting mad! My YouTubePlayer.py is identical to the 'fixed' one and I'm still getting Playback failed, can't find video url.

It says to check the log file but there's nothing in the ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Is there an addon log file? Where is it?
(2013-03-21, 09:34)jackparsons Wrote: To put it kindly, the YouTube plugin needs some serious refactoring. Friends of mine who have commercially-made software in their TV to play YouTube don't see it breaking all the time like this.

It appears to still be trying to scrape the website - why does it not make use of the YouTube API?

I wouldn't know where to start with it, but scraping the page doesn't seem the best way.
many thx for fast update Smile
works fine for me ( Frodo / Win8 )

greetz
(2013-03-21, 12:21)Thinaran Wrote: I'm getting mad! My YouTubePlayer.py is identical to the 'fixed' one and I'm still getting Playback failed, can't find video url.

It says to check the log file but there's nothing in the ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Is there an addon log file? Where is it?

did you restart xbmc?

QUICK SUMMARY OF THE CURRENT SITUATION INCLUDING THE FIX:

To save some people reading though a couple pages of this thread...

The YouTube addon in xbmc has had another problem over the last couple days.

As usual you can do nothing and it will be automatically fixed within a few days, or if you cant wait then you can check this thread to see if there is a way of fixing it yourself.

Below is the fix that is working for almost everyone that's tried it...

download the file
close xbmc
save the file over the current one
open xbmc

(if you don't know where your current file is then its difficult to explain because its in a different location depending on what operating system you are using. its generally in an xbmc folder and then in an addons folder and then in a plugin.video.youtube folder)
Obviously a huge XBMC fan. never really used the youtube plugin much before but have begun to and others i know use it heavily.
The one thing I dont understand is for people that don't troubleshoot, and have limited knowledge about it...like friends/family Smile....

I just wish the addon would be demarked broken. then auto fixed I thought that was the point in the update from v10 Camelot to v11Eden?

Some friends question my use of the addons avaiable in XBMC but i think the ones i use are pretty solid but this youtube one has gone down a few times already since my use. Some friends use it almost exclusively.

Sometimes that 'can't find url' message is hard to see and disappears quickly.
When I install a new instance of XBMC i'm innundated by notifications that the addon is broke for this music thing, and that music thing that apparently are baked and default installed and prompted do i wish to disable it?
Is that reserved for major breaks, specific certain addons?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Hi guys, im trying to play my favourite playlist using Shuffle & play all but it doesnt work Sad really need shuffle option pls help Sad
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28