• 212(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Still having a problem with this add-on no longer being able to play Al-Jazeera English live streams. Here's my log, any help is greatly appreciated.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10915
Sad 
Hi All, few of the members mentioned the same problem, live streams they do not seem to work even after downgrading to XBMC 12.0 Frodo. This is particularly for the Indian Premier League 2013 Cricket Matches live on youtube by Indiatimes user. They work perfect on browser. Here I am using XBMCBuntu. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I've been trying to get the Coachella live streams to play through xbmc and I think I've figured out why it's not working. Youtube has decided to switch it's large audience events from a plain old stream with a one singular url to a more advanced segmented stream to implement their "DVR" functionality. In other words every few seconds of video is treated as a different video file. They're also using some type of redirect to pull the video data from some other server and not directly from youtube, which is why the XBMC Youtube plugin throws out a "Couldn't locate" error.
Hello 2 all!
This is my first post so be nice Smile
I also have a probme with "Preparing to download" message. The workaround I found is to delete Addons.db and commoncache.db. I have OpenELEC 3.0 and latest YouTube addon for XBMC. Generaly, addon works pretty nice, except when I try to download some video with non-standard EN character (in my case it is Beyoncé) I get "Preparing for download" message and from then it does not work, no matter how many restarts I try. The only way to 'recover' the donload is to delete files mentioned above. Note: No matter addon is working correctly for other vides, it still doesn't work for Beyoncé Smile This is the way I'm deleting db cache files:
1) Turn on OE
2) SSH to OE
3) Run:
rm .xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons15.db
rm .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.common.plugin.cache/commoncache.db
reboot
(2013-04-13, 07:51)deepfry Wrote: I've been trying to get the Coachella live streams to play through xbmc and I think I've figured out why it's not working. Youtube has decided to switch it's large audience events from a plain old stream with a one singular url to a more advanced segmented stream to implement their "DVR" functionality. In other words every few seconds of video is treated as a different video file. They're also using some type of redirect to pull the video data from some other server and not directly from youtube, which is why the XBMC Youtube plugin throws out a "Couldn't locate" error.

Is there a workaround? I've been trying to stream coachalla too with no luck.
(2013-04-14, 22:35)slantedview Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 07:51)deepfry Wrote: I've been trying to get the Coachella live streams to play through xbmc and I think I've figured out why it's not working. Youtube has decided to switch it's large audience events from a plain old stream with a one singular url to a more advanced segmented stream to implement their "DVR" functionality. In other words every few seconds of video is treated as a different video file. They're also using some type of redirect to pull the video data from some other server and not directly from youtube, which is why the XBMC Youtube plugin throws out a "Couldn't locate" error.

Is there a workaround? I've been trying to stream coachalla too with no luck.

There might be. I've been watching the stream through my android phone and have noticed that the DVR functionality isn't present in the Android app. Perhaps, and I emphasize perhaps, the app is pulling an old school basic stream. Unfortunately I don't have the technical expertise to try to verify this.
Hello there! Great plugin here, thanks!

I have a problem though: after successfully downloading 17 music videos (1.64 GB) from YouTube, plugin stopped to download videos — every time I try to download one, it gets stuck on "Preparing download" stage.

I tried:
— unchecking "Use YouTube cache servers" in plugin's settings
— reinstalling the whole plugin (from repository)
But, unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.

Watching videos works fine — I can stream any 1080p video successfully (without any lags); it's specifically the download feature that's broken.

I really hope someone can help me out — there are many more videos I'd like to download :-)
Thanks in advance to all contributors.

System specifications:

— Windows 8
— XBMC 12.0
— YouTube plugin version 4.4.4 (installed from repository)
— xbmc.log: Pastebin | Dropbox

UPDATE: SOLUTION for Windows found! (thanks to KingsCross)

→ Delete commoncache.db file located in
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.common.plugi​n.cache\

Done! Repeat when problem reappeares.
(2013-04-15, 13:51)pure.by Wrote: Hello there! Great plugin here, thanks!

I have a problem though: after successfully downloading 17 music videos (1.64 GB) from YouTube, plugin stopped to download videos — every time I try to download one, it gets stuck on "Preparing download" stage.

Its a common problem discussed throughout the thread. Short answer, you need to delete commoncache.db located here -
~/.xbmc/userdata/Databases/commoncache.db.

It will however happen again at some point and you'll need to delete it again. Hopefully an update will fix it, even if it includes a 'clear cache' option in the settings.
Live streaming is a no go. Here's a crash-log:

http://pastebin.ca/2360443
So, sorry if I missed it, but the buffering is still killing me. I tried the patch from here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372476 but it didn't help. I do have the plugin set to ask for resolution. I can exit XBMC, load it up in a browser and have no issues. Just wanted to see if I am the only one or if this is a known issue.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-04-15, 23:51)KingsCross Wrote: Its a common problem discussed throughout the thread. Short answer, you need to delete commoncache.db located here -
~/.xbmc/userdata/Databases/commoncache.db.
Thanks a lot for your reply!

I'm sorry, I have read the first page here and on Google, checked the Wiki, but 320 forum pages... dunno (-:

Unfortunatly, if you're talking about C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database (on Windows 8), there is no commoncache.db file there. There is a CDDB folder there, but it's empty. Deleting it did not solve the issue.

UPD: SOLUTION for Windows
I searched my C: drive for commoncache.db, it is located in
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.common.plugin.cache

Deleting the file has indeed solved the issue.
Hi.

I am wondering if there is a way to display video lengths in the list view mode or any view mode.
Can I possibly disable the search history page? It's annoying having to see that everytime I search.
Read a lot of this thread but still can't get YouTube working again...now can't even reinstall it. I'm on xbmc Eden win 7. Getting dependencies not met upon trying to reinstall but was getting couldn't locate URL previously.

I can't install the .zip fixes that are floating around...won't work. Any ideas?

Thanks!
(2013-04-05, 12:15)Lars Stokholm Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 02:05)Topfjoer Wrote: Just updated to v4.4.4 (on Ubuntu 12.04 with XBMC 12.1). All is well when I search and play videos directly from the addon itself. However, the plugin now often causes XBMC to crash (hangs - becomes unresponsive) when I send a link over the network, for instance using the Yatse Remote or my OS X Dashboard Remote. This especially happens (i.e. most easy to reproduce) when a video is already playing and I then send another link to the plugin, but it also happens when nothing's playing yet.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Yes. I am seeing the exact same thing and it happens very often. Undecided

Also videos added to the queue (with the Yatse Queue plugin for example) won't play. I've checked that they end up in the Now playing queue (and they do), but playback just stops and the queue is emtied (as far as I can tell).

I am experiencing the same issue on my OpenELEC + Yatse setup. There is a thread over at openelec for this same issue affecting multiple users (link) also on the Yatse forum (link)

The Yatse dev appears to think this is an issue with the YouTube addon (more details in the yatse post linked above). It looks like this is a decently widespread problem. Openelec users and XBMC for ATV2 and judging by the post above it also is affecting Ubuntu versions.
  • 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28