• 230(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2013-08-25, 12:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:25)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:14)Untitled_Doc Wrote: These files do not put the Top 100 Music Chart back for me. They are the same as the standard 4.4.6 files.

Oops sorry use these
YouTubeScraper.py
and
YoutubeNavigation.py

Why doesn't any one send the fix to the addon devs directly if not done already?

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin

Mines not a fix, in version 4.4.6 they just took this option out.
Press THANK USER if I Help
I'm using XBMCbuntu with the latest YouTube add-on, however, some streams don't play, with no explanation either - has this been seen before? I have looked on the forums etc., but not found anything..

Thanks very much for any help..
Smile 
(2013-08-25, 12:25)AuXBoX Wrote: Oops sorry use these
YouTubeScraper.py
and
YoutubeNavigation.py

Thanks, that's put the Top 100 back. Unfortunately I am unable to play back streams at all, even after rolling back to 4.4. It's not related to your top 100 fix, since I uninstalled and started afresh. Pastebin of log.
(2013-08-25, 15:36)Untitled_Doc Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:25)AuXBoX Wrote: Oops sorry use these
YouTubeScraper.py
and
YoutubeNavigation.py

Thanks, that's put the Top 100 back. Unfortunately I am unable to play back streams at all, even after rolling back to 4.4. It's not related to your top 100 fix, since I uninstalled and started afresh. Pastebin of log.

Try this file
YouTubePlayer.py
(2013-08-26, 13:25)AuXBoX Wrote: Try this file
YouTubePlayer.py

Marvelous, thank you - that's fixed it.
Any updates? My account is not linked to Google +, so that's not it. Login Failure...
Just an FYI, the whole Google+ thing breaks the Wii YouTube channel as well. Took me all day to figure out why my kid couldn't watch YouTube anymore, turns out he had linked them.
Hi,

I had the same problem with not being linked with google+ so here's how i resolved it, worked for me and is a bit long winded but it did work. I went to youtube settings (The Website not the plugin) and from there accessed the "Authorized Access to your Google Account" settings. The page had already full access granted to youtube xbmc plugin so i removed that and uninstalled the plugin from xbmc and then made sure the two folders for the plugin were deleted, i use linux and the 2nd one listed below had not been removed so i deleted it

On linux make sure the following folders don't exist:

$HOME/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/
$HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/

On Mac make sure the following folders don't exist:

$User/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugins.video.youtube
$User/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugins.video.youtube

On Windows 7 and Vista make sure the fllowing folders don't exist:

\media\windows\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugins.video.youtube
\media\windows\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata/addon_data\plugins.video.youtube

after that i reinstalled the plugin and in settings (The Plugin) i added my username and an "Application-specific password" i had created on the same page i revoked access from which was the "Authorized Access to your Google Account" page. I then saved and accessed the plugin and it attempted to login, a few seconds later a message popped up saying please login with your account details (The same details that had not worked up to now) so i went back to the "Authorized Access to your Google Account" page and removed the password i had just created and added to the plugin, you do this by hitting revoke at the bottom of the page, then i entered my usual details and hey presto it logged in, its all a bit long-winded and can't say it will work for anybody else but worth a try maybe, no idea why it worked for me but it did
I can't get The Young Turks live stream to play. All other streams play just fine.

I've done everything I can think of to fix this. I've updated to the latest youtubeplayer.py file posted a page or two ago and it doesn't help.

Here's my log file.

If you could help me within the next hour or so (the show goes off the air at 8, so I'll have to try your suggestions tomorrow if someone isn't able to help soon. Not a big deal either way)...

Thanks.
(2013-08-28, 17:06)pablogeezer Wrote: Hi,

I had the same problem with not being linked with google+ so here's how i resolved it, worked for me and is a bit long winded but it did work. I went to youtube settings (The Website not the plugin) and from there accessed the "Authorized Access to your Google Account" settings. The page had already full access granted to youtube xbmc plugin so i removed that and uninstalled the plugin from xbmc and then made sure the two folders for the plugin were deleted, i use linux and the 2nd one listed below had not been removed so i deleted it

Well I figured it was worth a shot.

I don't have 2-step verification enabled, so I couldn't create an application-specific password, so I skipped that and just entered my usual login details, which worked and has re-added access for "YouTube XBMC Plugin" in my Youtube/Google settings. I had login working before though, I just couldn't access My Subscriptions, or any other category other than Browse.

I still can't, so nothing's changed. I enabled the logging for the plugin and see this

01:56:50 T:3061871120 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?folder=true&login=true&path=%2froot%2fsubscriptions&user_feed=subscriptions
01:56:50 T:3061871120 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?folder=true&login=true&path=%2froot%2fsubscriptions&user_feed=subscriptions) failed

so maybe that's a clue (I'm not posting the whole log as I can see it's got my username and oauth tokens in it).
You guys want to hear something really weird? I have the XBMC on all of my computers the 2 that I was using at the time when i first noticed a login problem were macs. The Macbook would still login fine and see subscriptions and everything, the Mac Desktop (Hackintosh) would not. I didn't add the silly Google+ account that youtube is trying to force on everyone. I did a debug log and saw some references to /yt-cookiejar.txt' but nothing that i really could comprehend, I'm not all that good with python and idle and all of that. So I stoled the yt-cookiejar.txt and the settings.xml from the working macbook, and replaced them on the desktop (/MountainLion/Users/Tom/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube) then, surprisingly, it let me login. It seems to work but I have not rebooted the desktop yet (i have the macbook a few times trying to make the addon logout while testing) This all arose from another problem that I have still.. where i can't delete my last youtube search... can delete all but the last search, and if i manually edit the setting.xml, then it does delete it but at first, but the new search stays. if I delete the working settings.xml, to try and create a new one, then I can't log back in. (good thing that i backed up) Which lets me logs me in ok it seems. Just trying to replace the 3 AuthToken values in the xml did no good either Sad It does search fine but i still can't delete the last one no matter what. I can delete any additional searches, i can even edit the search name, just not delete...
here is a link to my log from the formerly non login desktop, if anyone reading this is interested..
XBMC.log
I guess that I should just be happy that it works..
For those of of you still not being able to play any video, here you are a workaround. Worked for me too.
https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...ail?id=103

Good luck.
I have trouble logging in, too, currently trying on Gotham alpha to no avail. Here I get the "could not connect to network share" message before the script crash, a message I understand is quite arbitrary and often something that XBMC puts up when something simply crashes. Tried every suggestion on the last couple of pages. Debug log gives this little tidbit:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 120, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeNavigation.py", line 122, in executeAction
                                                self.login.login(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
                                                result, status = self.authorize()
                                              File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
                                                (result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
                                              File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
                                                ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
                                              File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
                                                request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1269, in urlencode
                                                v = quote_plus(str(v))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Not sure if that's helpful or not...
I was able to unlink the Google+ crap from my channel (somehow it made a Google+ Page out of my user name), but I'm still getting Login failed no matter what I do.
try this

Change line 400 (353 on the current trunk version) on YouTubeCore.py to:

Code:
if get("url_data"):
    change_get = get("url_data")
    for k, v in change_get.iteritems():
       change_get[k] = unicode(v).encode('utf-8')
    request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(change_get))
  • 230(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28