• 238(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Thought I had a problem with this add-on. Turns out my YouTube account was linked to Google+.

*snip* Good to go! Big Grin
(2013-10-05, 19:07)Oddbrother Wrote: Thought I had a problem with this add-on. Turns out my YouTube account was linked to Google+.

*snip* Good to go! Big Grin

Thanks, I had the same problem, unlinked it and now it works
Ok..after reading this post and trying a few options...here is the one that worked for me. I went into YouTube Settings and there was a link to add Google +. It was currently set to disabled but that was not good enough. I had to do what lhw455 advised and on YouTube, click on a video and refresh it a few times. I then got the pop-up asking if I wanted to keep my user name or change it; I chose to keep it. Then if you check your settings it then says temporarily disconnect Google+...I clicked on that link and cut Google+. Now my add-on is back in working order. Thanks everybody. I just needed to add a couple of suggestions together.
I am running the alpha:

Code:
08:04:33 T:140189401683840  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (13.0-ALPHA9 Git:6831597). Platform: x86 Linux 64-bit
08:04:33 T:140189401683840  NOTICE: Using Release XBMC x64 build, compiled Oct  8 2013 by GCC 4.7.3 for x86 Linux 64-bit 3.8.13
08:04:33 T:140189401683840  NOTICE: Running on Linux 64-bit (Ubuntu 13.04, 3.11.4 x86_64)
08:04:33 T:140189401683840  NOTICE: Host CPU: AMD E-350D APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

on a new build, following the instructions here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1524196

Full logfile with debug enabled:

http://pastebin.com/RZ1JmrNX

Build is working quite nicely so far but youtube plugin is giving me "dependencies not met." Is there any place to see what the unmet dep is?
(2013-10-09, 14:11)blm14 Wrote: Build is working quite nicely so far but youtube plugin is giving me "dependencies not met." Is there any place to see what the unmet dep is?
You'd have to find it in the log manually for it. Something about a missing file or directory.

From the looks of it, you appear to not have something that says CrystalHD.

Code:
19.08:04:34 T:140189401683840   ERROR: Unable to load libcrystalhd.so.3, reason: libcrystalhd.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I don't know the steps from here since I haven't encountered this problem before.
I also am unable to login to the plugin. I've tried a few of the proposed solutions, but with no success. I have not tried to disconnect google+, because I am unwilling to do so just to resolve this issue.
I'm finding it excruciatingly slow opening categories (and going back up), it's taking 20-30s each time. Not to mention how long it takes to start playing something once I select it.

Is there any way to browse Youtube on my PC/tablet and just "throw" the video to the RPi instead, with a Chrome plugin or something?
that seemed to have done it:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-GA-E350N:~$ sudo apt-get install libcrystalhd3 firmware-crystalhd
xbmc@xbmc-GA-E350N:~$ sudo reboot

Seems to be working now!
(2013-10-10, 00:42)blm14 Wrote: that seemed to have done it:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-GA-E350N:~$ sudo apt-get install libcrystalhd3 firmware-crystalhd
xbmc@xbmc-GA-E350N:~$ sudo reboot

Seems to be working now!

Can you describe what problem this is supposed to fix, and what these commands actually do? If these are for the terminal, I don't usually use such unless I understand what it is supposed to do.
Another log-in script error. This is starting to get old, the creators of the app can't seem to keep up with YouTube/Google's changes to the source code of the website.

I guess I will wait for a solution.
(2013-10-04, 21:12)sdiama Wrote: Worked for me and fixed the login problem:

Replace line 400 of YouTubeCore.py from:
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))

to:
tmpURLdata = get("url_data")
tmpURLdata['signIn'] = 'wtf'
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(tmpURLdata))

Thanks!. It works for me too. I had the same problem with polish locales.
To developers: please consider to put this fix into future updates.

Regards.
Great work! It makes easy to watch Youtube on XBMC.
(2013-10-10, 02:20)quaternio Wrote: Can you describe what problem this is supposed to fix, and what these commands actually do? If these are for the terminal, I don't usually use such unless I understand what it is supposed to do.
His/her Linux system needed something so he/she could make his/her own XBMC build and make the YouTube add-on work with it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1524207

From the looks of the error, he/she needed a CrystalHD library so that his/her XBMC build could decode MPEG4 videos (which YouTube hosts).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1524424
I've found I can use DLNA to "fling" videos from Windows 7 to the RPi using the Play To feature, so I wonder if there's a plugin for Chrome or something that would enable us to do the same thing with youtube and other online videos?

I also found that having Deinterlace on prevents online videos working and I just got a blank or green screen. I had Deinterlace set as Default as LiveTV looks quite bad without it but I've had to disable it now so that I can play online videos. I'm not sure if the Auto option is clever enough to only enable it for Live/Recorded TV and not online videos so I'll test that sometime.
I always had a scrip error when playing my own private videos. Is there any workaround this?
  • 238(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28