• 245(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2013-11-12, 19:02)schlameel Wrote: Access Linked Videos, Channels, and Playlists
Ever watch a video and the host references another video or channel or playlist and says "The links are in the description", then get frustrated at not being able to get to those resources? Now you can.

I have modified the plugin to extract links from the description and make them available. You can access the source at https://github.com/schlameel/youtube-xbmc-plugin or get the ZIP at http://github.com/schlameel/youtube-xbmc...master.zip

To access linked resources, enable it in Settings -> Advanced -> Linked Resources. Then on any video in the listing, open the context menu and, if the video has links, select 'Linked Resources'. A list of:
  • Linked Channels
  • Linked Playlists
  • Linked Videos
will appear if there are any of those categories.

Please offer any feedback, suggestions, requests, or questions.

Known Limitations:
  • Sometimes the links people put in the descriptions of their videos are bad or incorrect. For performance reasons, I don't validate the links. I've tried to make it fail gracefully.
  • English only (I retained none of my high school French)
Installation (for those unfamiliar with manual installation):
  1. Download the ZIP file and unzip to a folder
  2. In the XMBC addons folder create a folder 'plugin.video.youtube.linked' (The addons folder should be the same as HERE but replace 'userdata' with 'addons')
  3. Copy the contents of the 'plugin' folder from the ZIP file to the newly created 'plugin.video.youtube.linked' folder. So, for example, you will have '.../addons/plugin.video.youtube.linked/default.py' and '.../addons/plugin.video.youtube.linked/resources/settings.xml'
  4. Enable Add-on Settings -> Advanced -> Linked Resources

Thanks for this, but it doesn't create anything in addon_data for it, even if I enter my username. I get "Script Failed" and "Could not Connect to the Network Server" but I presume that's because it hasn't got my login details entered, which I was going to copy from the normal youtube settings xml into the one for this but there isn't one.
(2013-11-13, 16:55)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks for this, but it doesn't create anything in addon_data for it, even if I enter my username. I get "Script Failed" and "Could not Connect to the Network Server" but I presume that's because it hasn't got my login details entered, which I was going to copy from the normal youtube settings xml into the one for this but there isn't one.

doveman2 - Thanks for taking a look. It should be fixed. Please redownload the ZIP File or update git or just download default.py.
I'm not getting those errors anymore but it still doesn't create any xml in addon_data for me to edit.
(2013-11-13, 22:38)doveman2 Wrote: I'm not getting those errors anymore but it still doesn't create any xml in addon_data for me to edit.

I'm unclear what xml you are trying to edit. If you are trying to enable linked resources, you can do that in XBMC:
  • Videos
  • Add-ons]
  • Highlight YouTube Linked
  • Context Menu
  • Add-on Settings
  • Advanced
  • Show Linked Resources
(2013-11-13, 23:34)schlameel Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 22:38)doveman2 Wrote: I'm not getting those errors anymore but it still doesn't create any xml in addon_data for me to edit.

I'm unclear what xml you are trying to edit. If you are trying to enable linked resources, you can do that in XBMC:
  • Videos
  • Add-ons]
  • Highlight YouTube Linked
  • Context Menu
  • Add-on Settings
  • Advanced
  • Show Linked Resources

For the normal youtube addon, in /userdata/addon-data/plugin.video.youtube there's a settings.xml which contains my login details (encoded). There wasn't a plugin.video.youtube.linked folder with a similiar .xml in it before but it's appeared now, so I should be good to copy my username, password and oauth settings into that to get it to login.
If anyone is still having problems getting this addon to work with g+, you just need to update your username.
When you moved to a g+ account, google changed the username you need.

I made this infograph on how to find it, its just listed on your google account settings page

http://i.imgur.com/vVRFyCg.png

you might also need to delete the settings.xml file in ".xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube",
which I needed to do because the cookie info is saved here so it wont log you in with the new email untill it expires
(2013-11-12, 19:30)borexino Wrote: Something new about Android locale Phyton bug?

I'd like to fix it! Since alpha 6 doesn't work anymore and it's a little bit pesky because for watching videos, you've to exit from xbmc and open the YouTube app!

Nothing new?
Hi guys..

Just reinstalled XBMC (and win7) after a HDD Crash...
I've got two factor verification and even if I type it in I get Script error.. Like lots of you I've understood..
I don't know sh!t about Python and wouldn't even call myself especially good at VB but let me know if you want
some logs or some testing done to help out getting this solved..
(2013-11-14, 07:30)Kr0nZ Wrote: If anyone is still having problems getting this addon to work with g+, you just need to update your username.
When you moved to a g+ account, google changed the username you need.

I made this infograph on how to find it, its just listed on your google account settings page

http://i.imgur.com/vVRFyCg.png

you might also need to delete the settings.xml file in ".xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube",
which I needed to do because the cookie info is saved here so it wont log you in with the new email untill it expires

Thanks, but ist not working for me, I still cant log in.If it helps.... is it still possible to log in without g+? I dont need this shit anyway.
(2013-10-26, 20:42)peajay18 Wrote: After trying all the fixes listed in this thread, the fix for the login error that worked for me was:
  • 1 - uninstall the YouTube add-on.
  • 2 - quit XBMC
  • Delete the file yt-cookiejar.txt found in X:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube
  • Restart XBMC and reinstall the add-on

Hopefully that's helpful to someone... Big Grin

It helped me, thanks! I was getting login fail for the past few weeks. I had the new Google login method working before that.
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
(2013-10-12, 18:52)Baswazz Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 21:27)Knurlhelm Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 18:01)Baswazz Wrote: I can't play some video's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmSbXsFE3l8

It does work for me, did you updated the YouTubePlayer.py file so it reproduce the files from VEVO? VEVO put a limitation so you couldn't download the videos some time ago, so the plugin wasn't able to watch those, if you can't find it I'll upload a backup of my YouTubePlayer.py

https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...tail?id=95
the #163

Thanks that did the trick. Smile

Is this still working for others? I can't play VEVO videos lately.
(2013-11-18, 03:31)joeshmoe Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 18:52)Baswazz Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 21:27)Knurlhelm Wrote: It does work for me, did you updated the YouTubePlayer.py file so it reproduce the files from VEVO? VEVO put a limitation so you couldn't download the videos some time ago, so the plugin wasn't able to watch those, if you can't find it I'll upload a backup of my YouTubePlayer.py

https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...tail?id=95
the #163

Thanks that did the trick. Smile

I had problems playing VEVO lately, but post #195 in the above link fixed that up.

I'm also in the same boat as #193 (in the link), in that I'm not getting 1080p streaming. I checked various videos on YouTube on my computer that have 1080p, but I can only get 720p streaming through XMBC (1080p is set in the menus).
schlameel, do we need to update the YouTubePlayer.py in your Linked Resources mod as well, or is that already fixed?
(2013-11-18, 09:50)Daemaz Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 03:31)joeshmoe Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 18:52)Baswazz Wrote: Thanks that did the trick. Smile

I had problems playing VEVO lately, but post #195 in the above link fixed that up.

I'm also in the same boat as #193 (in the link), in that I'm not getting 1080p streaming. I checked various videos on YouTube on my computer that have 1080p, but I can only get 720p streaming through XMBC (1080p is set in the menus).

Thanks
(2013-11-01, 17:51)ilomambo Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 21:41)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 21:27)verismo Wrote: is there a way to get the same results as i get on my desktop when i do a search on youtube?

kind of frustrating when it doesn't show the results properly.

Examples of such?

I searched for

"patridge family" S1

both in Youtube site in chrome and through the Addon, but the addon did not return the same results as Chrome. At all. Moreover, the addon search results were not really containing the required string.
On the same breath, I'd like to add that having filters, as the Youtube web search has, would be a great improvement to the addon, if possible.

I can confirm that, the search results are definitely different between the addon and the YT website. When I search for "fail compilation" and sort by date, I never get the most current clips in the addon as I do on YT website.

Can anybody fix this please?
  • 245(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28