• 256(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
hi i can't play any live videos
is there any fix for that?
(2014-01-21, 17:04)enstine86 Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote: Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

This fixed my login issues with the youtube addon

Same here, finally! Thank you very much enigma83!!
Hi.
After couple of hours spent on looking for solution, learning python and testing I finally found a fix for Yotube subscriptions not showing up if your primary account containing this data is yt account and not g+ account. Generally my fix allows you to choose which one you want to use.

Here is what to do:

File YouTubeFeeds.py around line 114:

Replace
Code:
url = url % "default"

With
Code:
if (self.settings.getSetting("use_yt_username") == "true"):
    url = url % self.settings.getSetting("yt_username")
else:
    url = url % "default"

File resources/settings.xml after line 6:

Code:
<setting id="user_password" type="text" option="hidden" label="30201" enable="!eq(-1,)" default="" />

Insert:
Code:
<setting id="use_yt_username" type="bool" label="30289" default="false" />
<setting id="yt_username" type="text" label="30290" enable="!eq(-1,false)" />

Finally in file resources/language/<your language>/strings.xml after line 154:
Code:
<string id="30288">Show YouTube History</string>

Insert (translated to language set in your xbmc settings):
Code:
<string id="30289">Use YouTube Username</string>
<string id="30290">YouTube Username</string>

You will find necessary settings in plugin's configuration.

I hope this will also work for you.
(2014-01-22, 10:32)o-m-e-n Wrote: I hope this will also work for you.

Thanks for the work, login works fine (when I remembered to add username) one of the problems I have is not all my subscriptions show up, maybe it's because I have 278 subscriptions but it looks like it might be only those with G+ that show up (maybe?).
(2014-01-22, 10:32)o-m-e-n Wrote: You will find necessary settings in plugin's configuration.

I hope this will also work for you.

It worked after weeks of no-xbmc-youtube misery! Thanks! Smile
anyone can fix vevo vids on youtube add-on

thanks
FYI. The YouTubeLogin.py edit fixed my login problems on both my Macbook and my Pivos M1. I have now a backup of the YouTubeLogin.py - just in case.
I'm having issues logging in as well. I attempted the YouTubeLogin.py edits from a few pages ago, but no luck.

I get prompted for the 6 digit password. I enter it, then the plugin immediately returns an error.

15:33:47 T:2883404896 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 111, in <module>
login.login()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 239, in _httpLogin
fetch_options = {"link": new_part[0].replace("&amp;", "&"), "url_data": url_data, "referer": ret["location"]}
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
Still cannot login. Tried the fix mentioned before. Using Ubuntu Minimal. Not using two-factor. Log can be found here: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8573608
(2014-01-22, 20:09)nickshe89 Wrote: anyone can fix vevo vids on youtube add-on

The VEVO playback problem has been fixed here:
https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...id=95#c195

Download the fixed YouTubePlayer.py and copy it into \addons\plugin.video.youtube\
(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 15:55)sukkubus Wrote: Could someone pls have a little mercy and explain how to apply the fix from enigma83 ?

Thx alot

Nicole Wink

Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!
Thank you very much i3Ki for explaining clearly what to do. It worked like a charm for me. Just remember to delete YouTubeLogin.pyc also, after editing and saving YouTubeLogin.py file. It gets regenerated the next time you run the plugin.
(2014-01-22, 04:12)atheer Wrote: hi i can't play any live videos
is there any fix for that?
Same problem, how to fix it?
(2014-01-23, 19:30)torenvalk Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 20:09)nickshe89 Wrote: anyone can fix vevo vids on youtube add-on

The VEVO playback problem has been fixed here:
https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...id=95#c195

Download the fixed YouTubePlayer.py and copy it into \addons\plugin.video.youtube\

thanks you
86 views until 1 million for this thread...yeeehaaaaw!
(2014-01-22, 22:47)ranger0293 Wrote: I'm having issues logging in as well. I attempted the YouTubeLogin.py edits from a few pages ago, but no luck.

I get prompted for the 6 digit password. I enter it, then the plugin immediately returns an error.

15:33:47 T:2883404896 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 111, in <module>
login.login()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 239, in _httpLogin
fetch_options = {"link": new_part[0].replace("&amp;", "&"), "url_data": url_data, "referer": ret["location"]}
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--

Can anyone help with this?
  • 256(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28