• 277(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2014-05-16, 21:12)jded Wrote: I made this change.
I also made another one for non English languages. When you are in a non English speaking country, youtube returns the pages by default in your language, so the plugin had an error. I found an old discussion about that here.

I made a pull request for both of them already.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/55

(2014-05-15, 16:28)Kib Wrote: Basically sogopot has a working fix but neglects to ask us to pull it in, instead opting for delivery by mediafire.
If the fix is in some git repo somewhere all that would be needed was one submit mail to the addons mailinglist with the request to take over.

Taking it over ourselves would be an option but as I don't use the login much myself - I won't notice when it is broken again.
It should be the normal way - someone who actually maintains it is the maintainer.

So? Who is going to be the one that steps up and wants to maintain this in the official repo ?
Combine them both into one branch and send a PR to our repo. Once they merge it again they can take over. I see little movement on their side.
So if some one wants to maintain fixes for now..
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thankyou jded and Martijn for the movement on this issue.
I've put sogopot and jded fixes in an own version of the addon.

I can push it to the xbmc repo. Kib/Martijn, let me know if that's needed...
(2014-05-18, 11:26)Skipmode A1 Wrote: I've put sogopot and jded fixes in an own version of the addon.

I can push it to the xbmc repo. Kib/Martijn, let me know if that's needed...

if they are well tested sure.
Maybe provide a testing .zip file first before we push it to 2.5million users Wink
So get people testing it here and get it confirmed there are no extra issues caused
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've tested the login stuff on a xbmc 12 (update through install from zip) and on a fresh xbmc 13.0 (install from zip). Login worked on both.

Fiddled a bit with a polish xbmc 13 and youtube and that seemed to work. However i'm not really sure i tested the exact bug...

Anyway here's a testversion: http://www.mediafire.com/download/txbtxv...ersion.zip

Please test Smile
(2014-05-18, 12:49)Skipmode A1 Wrote: I've tested the login stuff on a xbmc 12 (update through install from zip) and on a fresh xbmc 13.0 (install from zip). Login worked on both.

Fiddled a bit with a polish xbmc 13 and youtube and that seemed to work. However i'm not really sure i tested the exact bug...

Anyway here's a testversion: http://www.mediafire.com/download/txbtxv...ersion.zip

Please test Smile

Used this on Openelec 4.01 worked with all Vevo videos i've thrown at it so far. Great job!

Tried on windows 8.1 64bit xbmc 13.0 Gotham works on all videos.

I am logged in both if this makes any difference, there doesn't seem to be a way of logging out. but it's not really a problem for me.
The testing plugin lets me login but I can't watch any of the videos. I'm on ubuntu trusty 64bit

http://pastebin.com/ZTa74HNd
Does playing the video's without logging in, work with the testversion?

Also does playing the video's without logging in, work with the 4.4.6 version?
(2014-05-18, 12:49)Skipmode A1 Wrote: I've tested the login stuff on a xbmc 12 (update through install from zip) and on a fresh xbmc 13.0 (install from zip). Login worked on both.

Please test Smile

Hello, I test it on XBMC 13 on Windows, but I cant login. I have 2 factor Authentication enabled. If I login, i became an SMS, but XBMC say "Login Failed unknown error"
Has anyone figured out why when trying to view age restricted content, I get the message saying, "This video may be inappropriate for some viewers", when I log in fine , and have no age restrictions on my YouTube account?
Use subtitles in original youtube video I was trying to watch a foreign film that had subtitles on my computer but when trying to watch on xbmc on raspbmc (fully updated to 13.0) I had to try to download some subtitles instead of using the existing ones, which were not available. Naturally, it only found subtitles for the wrong movie. I just wondered why the existing ones are discarded and could they be made available?
(2014-05-19, 06:09)Skipmode A1 Wrote: Does playing the video's without logging in, work with the testversion?

Also does playing the video's without logging in, work with the 4.4.6 version?

The 4.4.6 version successfully logs in after using the 4.4.7, but it does not successfully play the videos. I can play videos if I log out.

Edit Additional info:
The debug has proper urls in them, ie, I can copy and paste from the debug log and into my browser and play the video.
No idea why it won't play, it seems the addon is feeding the correct url to the xbmc player...

and i had the same restricted stuff with version 4.4.6. The 4.4.7. testversion fixed that for me.
Win 7 64 Gotham - Youtube 4.4.7 working fine.
4.4.6 (with fixes) was also working for me.

Did also purge old youtube addon data and reset permissions in google at one point.

Suggestion:
If Skipmode takes over, have him make a new thread so he has the OP.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
It seems Googles two-step verification is broken:

"If you activated Googles two-step verification, aint nothing going to work, until someone comes up with a proper fix. Until then, either create a second google account for youtube viewing in xbmc, or turn 2-step off."
  • 277(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28