• 292(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2014-07-25, 13:00)cruise Wrote: EDIT: Okay - new working version. Tricksy hobbits!

http://casual-tempest.net/files/YouTubePlayer.py

Nice job!
Any chance you can point out the changes you had to make, to fix it?
Thanks cruise, vevo videos work again.
(2014-07-25, 13:00)cruise Wrote: EDIT: Okay - new working version. Tricksy hobbits!

FYI, I am also trying to get what would be a permanent fix for these sort of issues done. Google has open-sourced their javascript engine, V8 - and it's possible to tie it into python. I have a proof of concept working locally which simply runs the signature decryption routines natively, using the same engine Chrome browser uses. Anything which doesn't work for us then wouldn't work for anyone in a browser too.

However, this requires integrating, at the least, Google's javascript engine into XBMC. I have started a thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200309 for doing so, but I have no idea when/if that'll happen.

Thanks once again Cruise for the fix, its working again. Also thanks for putting in the extra effort for a permanent fix. If you was succesful, does it mean that we can get 1080p? from the sounds of what you wrote we will have the same quality playback as a browser will....?
(2014-07-25, 18:52)spoyser Wrote:

Nice job!

A new array operation, "splice", that wasn't currently translated into it's python equivalent, and use of an existing function (reverse) in a situation where the existing translation didn't work. So a few new lines added to _jsToPy basically.

(2014-07-25, 20:40)MediaPi Wrote: Also thanks for putting in the extra effort for a permanent fix. If you was succesful, does it mean that we can get 1080p? from the sounds of what you wrote we will have the same quality playback as a browser will....?

No, that's a completely different part of the process, sadly (at least as far as I'm aware).

The current issue is videos with adverts, such as Vevo, require a "signature" to play - and this is encoded using javascript. We have to reverse engineer the encoding into Python to figure out the un-encoded value so that we can play the video. And it's basically an arms race between us and the people at YouTube as they invent ever more obscure things to do in javascript to break our translation into Python. Which is why every so often we have to extend it to cope with the new method.

What I'm trying to achieve is to avoid the necessity to translate the javascript into python - by running the decoding natively in javascript, there's nothing they can add that would break it for us that wouldn't also break it for the browser.
thanks for the explanation Smile shame about 1080p. oh well its fun this catr and mouse game. and you guys at VEVO come on theres not that much bandwith used by XBMC users, let us have a few videos
HI cruise, nice fix. Personally I dont bother with a youtube account to watch content but it seems statutory now, is there anyway to bypass this ?
(2014-07-25, 22:07)privado Wrote: HI cruise, nice fix. Personally I dont bother with a youtube account to watch content but it seems statutory now, is there anyway to bypass this ?

It shouldn't be in theory, but I really have no idea how most of the youtube plugin works - I've only ever looked at the bit that decodes the signature Tongue Please remember I'm not the official maintainer - I'm just a dude who wants to watch videos, and happens to know the requisite programming language to fix it when it breaks.

I've extended my interest to getting the javascript engine integrated because that saves me a couple of hours debugging it every few weeks when something changes. It's pure self-interest Big Grin
Thanks again Cruise and yes, getting the js engine integrated within the add-on will be Holy Grail!
funny if you keep the fix to yourself then much less likely that they will circumvent your fix, so your telling abit of fib when you say "self-interest". more like selfless interest :p
how does one apply cruise's fix? I'm trying to play videos through youtube app on xbmc but 80% of the videos don't work.
Thanks cruise!

@bluehawk91: download this file: http://casual-tempest.net/files/YouTubePlayer.py

and copy the file over the the file with the same name in the xbmc directory (if ya can't find the location of that file, just do a search on your drive)
(2014-07-25, 21:27)cruise Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 18:52)spoyser Wrote:

Nice job!

A new array operation, "splice", that wasn't currently translated into it's python equivalent, and use of an existing function (reverse) in a situation where the existing translation didn't work. So a few new lines added to _jsToPy basically.

Cheers for that, the reason I ask is that I maintain my own yt module which I ship with a few of my addons so they aren't reliant on the official addon.

All fixed now, so many thanks for the rapid response.
Hi

How can i tell if i have not used Google+ to login or how can i login using my youtube account?
If i am right there was a question for some time ago now about if i wanted to connect my youtube account to google?! Right?!

I'm having problem to login with my TLBB (The Little Black Box) XBMC, i had it working before but then i had to test some other firmware and now i can't login. Sad
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
@Skipmode A1: Success. Copied the file in %APPDATA% - Youtube addon folder
Is there any chance someone could make a zip file.

Or alternatively, tell me exactly how to ssh in from an android tablet.

I've tried to ssh but it just doesn't seem to want to accept the password of openelec. Ssh is turned on in openelec, if I disable the ssh password in openelec then the ssh client on tablet goes into a loop mode.
Still can't believe there is no terminal or half decent file manager in xmbc as an addon. Would make life so much easier.
  • 292(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28